Iowa Football Investigation Discussion

I don't think Iowa has the PR department to handle this. What recent issues have they gotten ahead of? Someone was asleep at the switch when this started. There's nothing to make me think that the suits in Iowa City now can handle this.

I tend to agree. As Tom Wilkinson asked George Clooney in "Michael Clayton," "You think you got the horses for that?" I'm not sure Iowa does. That's why I said it would take a "huge PR offensive..." to restore Iowa football credibility under Ferentz. Most of the time Athletics under Barta acts like a bunch of farmers at a picnic.

So any NEWS on the investigation from the standpoint of WHEN we may hear something?

Lol, just getting a chuckle out of the light activity on this thread. When the results of the investigation are finally revealed this thread is going to look like the 4th of July.

Future emoticons......... ;):(:mad::confused::cool::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes: there may not be too many of these .......:):):).

Lol, just getting a chuckle out of the light activity on this thread. When the results of the investigation are finally revealed this thread is going to look like the 4th of July.

Future emoticons......... ;):(:mad::confused::cool::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes: there may not be too many of these .......:):):).

Is this board going to be overrun with a bunch of 12 year olds who only communicate via emoji? I doubt it.

I wonder why player have not spoken about being interviewed? Or have they and I missed it? Or have they not, but if not, wouldnt they say that they havent? Or is the process involve being slent until the results come out?

I wonder why player have not spoken about being interviewed? Or have they and I missed it? Or have they not, but if not, wouldnt they say that they havent? Or is the process involve being slent until the results come out?

I would hope so.

Do we need anymore evidence that Barta is an incapable idiot that needs to be broomed out the door?

Did you hit up Wilson’s Ice Cream? Play golf at Alpine or Peninsula State Park, or eat at The Al Johnson?
We had every intention of hitting ANY ice cream place and couldn’t time it right. It was either just before a meal or we were consuming adult beverages, and I can’t do ice cream and beer. We even went to a winery, which was my concession to my other half as I rarely drink wine or hard liquor.

Did not take the golf clubs but did take our appetites so we’re able to do breakfast at Al Johnson’s, goats and all. Spend some afternoon time in their outdoor beer garden.

Mask usage was strict all over the area and virtually mandatory anywhere indoors. I saw someone take theirs off to sneeze into their elbow and the store worker on duty told her to go outside and do that.

I found out that they don’t have a big winter tourist season like some northern places do. They are not about to have their summer ruined by a covid outbreak. They were one of the last places in Wisconsin to reopen as much as they did.

Here's Iowa Football's Support Staff from last yearView attachment 6845

You can see strength staff, analysts and operations HERE.

By my count, in addition to the 30 people pictured above, four of the five full-time employees in football strength and conditioning were white. Five of the six people in the operations staff were white. All three football analysts were white.

Well that's a pretty dismal representation of minority hires. That needs to be addressed and it's not all that suprising.
However to be fair I want to school at Iowa and have been a fan for 35 years. I'd say about 99% of the people i know that are interested in Iowa football with any real seriousness are white. So I can see them wanting those jobs.

However even with that - they need to do a better job of having a diverse staff. Especially when you are trying to recruit.

Latest posts