Iowa commit Jestin Jacobs picks up tOSU offer

That sounds promising for Iowa.

Maybe, but even though he's an Iowa verbal at this point I keep thinking have we ever landed an Ohio in-state recruit that OSU also wanted during Urban's time at the helm? I'd call it a coup if we're able to hold on to him.

Think OSU is in to see him soon.

That was all you got?

I asked him if he was going to officially visit Ohio State, which it's trying to get him to do, and he did not respond.

He's being pulled in a lot of directions right now. Not an easy position for a 17 year old.

Maybe, but even though he's an Iowa verbal at this point I keep thinking have we ever landed an Ohio in-state recruit that OSU also wanted during Urban's time at the helm? I'd call it a coup if we're able to hold on to him.

Think OSU is in to see him soon.

James Daniels had an offer from Ohio State while Urban was there, right? And he'll remain the only one we've pulled away that Urban wanted.

OSU has the full court press on... I don't like our odds.. Their going to the Rose Bowl and pissed about it. We are going to the Outback bowl and apathetic... Whole lot going against us here. If he ends up a Hawk I'll be beyond pleasantly surprised that's for sure

Well now that Meyer has retired how's that affect our odds? How'd that in home visit go down with this getting reported this morning? Because if your coach is going to be there the first day you get on campus or not might be a big deal let alone the duration of your time in school...

James Daniels had an offer from Ohio State while Urban was there, right? And he'll remain the only one we've pulled away that Urban wanted.

Yeah, forgot about him but his brother preceded him to Iowa which was a key factor in our landing James..........don’t have that with Jacobs, no ties.

His position coach at OSU being mentioned as one that may not be retained under the new leadership.

I asked him if he was going to officially visit Ohio State, which it's trying to get him to do, and he did not respond.

He's being pulled in a lot of directions right now. Not an easy position for a 17 year old.

Do you think that Meyer leaving will impact this kids decision?

he way gone, seems like he done nothing but lie to the Iowa coaches by keep saying he committed firmly and now he going on an official almost like he begging KF to pull his scholly