Iowa commit Jestin Jacobs picks up tOSU offer

I don't think this would be an Eno situation. It'd be a Pierschbacher situation if anything. Hopefully Jacobs stays committed to the good guys.

He's gone for sure. He's from Ohio so this has to be a dream offer. Iowa has beat O$U one time for an Ohio kid and that was James Daniels. Without that family connection, we wouldn't have stood a chance. One positive is our staff really did a great job finding a somewhat under recruited talent and got him. Good luck under that doooooosh head coach.

Don't know how many LB's OSU is taking in their upcoming class but looks like they're trying to flip another OH LB (Tommy Eichenberg) that's committed to Boston College. Sounds like they've convinced him to come in for a visit on 11/24. He visited MI last weekend. OSU offered him (9/26) before Jacobs so maybe hedging their bets with him still being courted by MI now.

OSU has had some commits and candidates looking elsewhere as of late which is reportedly tied to stories / rumors of Meyer's possible departure. You'd think if Jacobs really wanted his "dream school" he would have played it a bit longer before committing to Iowa in mid-May knowing Kirk's recruiting rules for verbals.

Simply a guess but think he stays a Hawk.

The suckeyes are a lousy program for trying to poach players like this. However, it won't work. He knows that Iowa is a fine, upstanding place to play football at that is exceptional at preparing players for the next level. Iowa should be the top choice for any football recruit.

It smells like desperation in Columbus. They are now down to trying to poach BC and Iowa commits. They must have taken quite the hit on the recruiting trail this year. The Ohio State 3 star recruit chasers. Not a great look for that program.

We have no reason to believe Jestin will not honor his commitment until he doesn't. Even if he does flip, I hope it works out for him. Seems like a good young man, and it is hard to pass up an offer from one of the Blue Bloods - especially when it is from your home state.

It isn't desperation, it's having the ability to wait to offer and get their guy. Michigan is doing just fine with a little recruit that was going to Iowa until the desperation made them offer him (Higdon). Props to the staff for finding elite talent before the blue bloods did. The reason to believe he will flip is a historical reason. We've beat O$U for an Ohio kid they actually wanted one time and we had the family connection.I hope he stays but if O$U actually wants him and will take his commitment, he is gone for sure.

He at least better wait to see the beating their going to get from Michigan before he flips. OSU is nose diving fast!

Yuppppp unless O$U picks up another commit quickly, he gone. Who will we go after to fill the void?

We have no reason to believe Jestin will not honor his commitment until he doesn't. Even if he does flip, I hope it works out for him. Seems like a good young man, and it is hard to pass up an offer from one of the Blue Bloods - especially when it is from your home state.
Welp, we might have our reason now...

Once this kid decommits, we lose out on David Bell and we go 8-4 - talk about zero positive momentum for this program for 2019, yet again. It’s just getting old and tiresome.

Once this kid decommits, we lose out on David Bell and we go 8-4 - talk about zero positive momentum for this program for 2019, yet again. It’s just getting old and tiresome.

Man that is a kick in the groin. I hope all 3 of those dominoes don't fall.

Latest posts