Iowa commit Jestin Jacobs picks up tOSU offer

"I look forward to being at Iowa next year, unless I change my mind"
"I am remain committed to Iowa, but I am open to the idea of changing my mind"
"I will let you know on Dec. 19th, if I have changed my mind"

I will say this again. We've only got 1 recruit out of Ohio that O$U actually wanted and that was Daniels. The ONLY reason why he went to Iowa is bc of his brother. JJ is gone and has been gone since the second he got the O$U offer. No point of even guessing now.

I believe Welsh the OL was also offered by them.

Iowa City Press Citizen 8/8/2014........

"Welsh was a three-star recruit coming out of high school. He had more than a dozen scholarship offers from schools that included Miami (Fla.), Louisville, West Virginia, Kentucky and Indiana. Ohio State did not offer Welsh a scholarship."

Sean Welsh name made me think of another one .......Ahmad Wagner. OSU was talking to him late in the process and said they were interested if he changed his mind on Iowa. OSU never offered but Wagner never wavered on Iowa prior to signing.

There really should be a policy in place that if schools contact recruits that are committed that they get some soft of scholarship reduction punishment. As some other kid might miss out on an opportunity when commit but flip late in the process. I don't blame the kids, but it just sucks.

There really should be a policy in place that if schools contact recruits that are committed that they get some soft of scholarship reduction punishment. As some other kid might miss out on an opportunity when commit but flip late in the process. I don't blame the kids, but it just sucks.

It's free agency until the kid signs. That's why they added another, earlier signing day starting last year.

It's a two-way street. Player de-commit. Coaches pull scholarship offers.

Iowa has taken quite a few prospects from other schools that turned into really good players here.

Yeah as Howe stated the two-way street that it is.. If we paid attention to the MAC schools about how many kids we've flipped that'd committed to them verbally over the years... Every kid right now could change their mind every day and none of it matters till signing day.

It's the pandering comments to different reporters that concerns me.

Oh, there's definitely reason for concern, especially with an official visit to Ohio State. The Buckeyes will pull out all the stops. I still think they have ground to make up, though. He's very tight with the Iowa staff.

I wouldn't be too concerned with his comments. He's a kid telling people what they want to hear.

Oh, there's definitely reason for concern, especially with an official visit to Ohio State. The Buckeyes will pull out all the stops. I still think they have ground to make up, though. He's very tight with the Iowa staff.

I wouldn't be too concerned with his comments. He's a kid telling people what they want to hear.

The only thing that gives me comfort is I don't believe that he is high profile enough for OSU to offer him money. Otherwise we would have no chance.

This was an interesting perspective that I read in an article about him

"It might be hard to fathom for some, but Jacobs is trying to learn if a lifelong dream will intersect with what’s in his best interest. That’s why he’s still not decided whether or not he’ll take an official visit to Ohio State. He is trying to figure out if Iowa presents him the best path for his best future — or if the dream of being a Buckeye is worth chasing."

This adds weight to Iowa's chances, this kid has not just ran to OSU to fulfill the dream, but that said the OSU staff will now try to close that gap and make OSU the best path to his best future.

From the OSU side...........

"Per Wiltfong, he's hearing buzz on Jacobs is that he's still leaning heavily toward signing with Iowa so we need to blow him away this weekend. Good first challenge for the new head coach."

If Jacobs can withstand this last charge and stick with Iowa I will more than credit the Iowa staff which I don't normally do when it comes to their recruiting abilities / approaches. OSU being able to play the last card is certainly a plus.

Latest posts