Iowa commit Jestin Jacobs picks up tOSU offer

Even if he doesn't decommit, based upon recent history, you have to wonder if his offer will get pulled anyway. The "no visit" policy is controversial, but, if you're going to have it as a program, you better stick to it and be consistent.

Even if he doesn't decommit, based upon recent history, you have to wonder if his offer will get pulled anyway. The "no visit" policy is controversial, but, if you're going to have it as a program, you better stick to it and be consistent.
I believe KF's policy is, and always has been, if you are committed and take another visit, let the staff know about it.

Here's an idea (for those who think our recruiting momentum in derailed)

Keep Michael Lois in your thoughts.

He was a verbal who had a serious swimming pool accident who as of last report was facing multiple surgeries and a long road to just being able to function normally, let alone play football.

There's someone who could use some support or encouragement which I'm sure Kirk and the program have already done without seeking any fanfare for it.

Question for Rob: Any updates on Lois?

I believe KF's policy is, and always has been, if you are committed and take another visit, let the staff know about it.

That's a selectively deceptive bullet point of the policy.

Tell the coaches so that they can talk you out of it. They will tell you that if you visit another school they maybe forced to withdraw your scholarship and offer it to a kid who is sure about his commitment to Iowa.

There are much fewer exceptions to this general practice. However exceptions have been made. They are typically based on what the reason behind the visit is. I believe that such an exception would be made for a kid that recieved a new offer from the home state school. If OSU offer had predated the players commitment then the visit would certainly not be allowed.

I have no idea if this young man has recieved the proper approval to remain in good standing, but I assume he has until reason to believe otherwise.

My concern is how and the hell will that kid go to OSU and still decide on Iowa. If your pure desire is winning football Iowa and OSU are not in the same dimension.

Here's an idea (for those who think our recruiting momentum in derailed)

Keep Michael Lois in your thoughts.

He was a verbal who had a serious swimming pool accident who as of last report was facing multiple surgeries and a long road to just being able to function normally, let alone play football.

There's someone who could use some support or encouragement which I'm sure Kirk and the program have already done without seeking any fanfare for it.

Question for Rob: Any updates on Lois?

https://www.gazettextra.com/sports/...cle_4cafbb1a-9cd0-5407-859b-33d374a51018.html

That's a selectively deceptive bullet point of the policy.

Tell the coaches so that they can talk you out of it. They will tell you that if you visit another school they maybe forced to withdraw your scholarship and offer it to a kid who is sure about his commitment to Iowa.

There are much fewer exceptions to this general practice. However exceptions have been made. They are typically based on what the reason behind the visit is. I believe that such an exception would be made for a kid that recieved a new offer from the home state school. If OSU offer had predated the players commitment then the visit would certainly not be allowed.

I have no idea if this young man has recieved the proper approval to remain in good standing, but I assume he has until reason to believe otherwise.

My concern is how and the hell will that kid go to OSU and still decide on Iowa. If your pure desire is winning football Iowa and OSU are not in the same dimension.
Have you been watching football this year? OSU has been declining since they won the NC. They look awful!

Have you been watching football this year? OSU has been declining since they won the NC. They look awful!

Yes lol 10 wins for OSU is declining. OSU is not that baddest blue blood on the block at this moment, but they will never be far from the vein. As much as I hate it they are the superior program.

Yes lol 10 wins for OSU is declining. OSU is not that baddest blue blood on the block at this moment, but they will never be far from the vein. As much as I hate it they are the superior program.
If they get a new coaching staff then I'll be very concerned that they'll return to dominance but not with this set they won't. Let's be honest they are eeeking out wins in the B!G.

I see Purdue just landed 4* WR Milton Wright. So next year they'll have Wright, Bell, and Moore in the slot. I think I threw up a little

I see Purdue just landed 4* WR Milton Wright. So next year they'll have Wright, Bell, and Moore in the slot. I think I threw up a little

Did Bell commit to them and I just missed it? Or are you just being pessimistic?

Did Bell commit to them and I just missed it? Or are you just being pessimistic?

Purdue is thought to be his leader. He had tentatively set up official visits to OSU, Indiana, and Iowa but is now unsure when or if he'll take those visits.

One place I think we have a leg up with Jacobs is the fact that wherever he goes he plans to enroll early. Thus, he's been preparing for Iowa since this summer, and he may not want to uproot the relationship with the staff and academic plans he's made up to this point for a school that, while they might be his homestate "dream" school, decided to slow play him to see if they could land somebody "better". Not to mention all the issues and speculation surrounding Urban Meyer at this point.

As for Bell, while I don't think it knocks Purdue out of the race, it's still a while before he's set to commit, and he can either go there and be a role-player in an, admittedly potent, passing attack, or come to Iowa and be THE guy early and often.

Overall, my gut feeling says Jacobs stays, but Bell goes PSU/OSU.

I think Bell was wanting to see if our new offensive scheme would showcase the WRs, and, obviously, that didn't happen. Even under the best case scenario, I estimated our chances as about 10%. After the way this season has unfolded, I would change that to 2%. Bell is a pipe dream at this point.

Latest posts