Iowa Basketball Recruits

Locure is good but as far as MVP goes... Take Locure out of North and they aren't near as good, not good enough to make it to state (I can't say this with full confidence because I didn't watch them, but also they didn't make it with him). Take Joe off of Muscatine and they don't make state in class 1A. They wouldn't have won a single game all year without him in their class. With him they made state in 4A. He IS/WAS that team.

Well, they might have beaten Burlington, but they are just really bad.

Mathew Bain talked about some ‘19 recruiting on the Hawk Central podcast. I’d recommend that people listen to it. The Hawk Report podcast also talked about DJ Carton as well. They said what I have been saying, DJ could see his stock rise even higher here soon. Right now Bain said that Locure is option 3 at the time. He feels if Iowa misses on DJ and The Minnesota PG, that Locure would get an offer.

Mathew Bain talked about some ‘19 recruiting on the Hawk Central podcast. I’d recommend that people listen to it. The Hawk Report podcast also talked about DJ Carton as well. They said what I have been saying, DJ could see his stock rise even higher here soon. Right now Bain said that Locure is option 3 at the time. He feels if Iowa misses on DJ and The Minnesota PG, that Locure would get an offer.

Here's a link to an article by Bain as well.

Weiskamp with 44 tonight to become Iowa's all time 4A leading scorer passing Jeff Horner.

It's interesting looking at these stats. It'll be awfully difficult, but does Locure stand a chance at breaking Joe's scoring record? Locure has to score 794 points to break it. That's a lot of points, but Locure already shares the 4A career record for steals and it's pretty much a given that he'll finish 2nd for the 4A career assists record behind Jeff Horner, so maybe it can be done...

Wieskamp's Scoring By Year:
Freshman: 409
Sophomore: 496
Junior: 668 (Total points at end of junior year: 1573)
Senior: 803
Total: 2376

Locure's Scoring By Year:
Freshman: 320
Sophomore: 588
Junior: 675 (Total points: 1583)

It's interesting looking at these stats. It'll be awfully difficult, but does Locure stand a chance at breaking Joe's scoring record? Locure has to score 794 points to break it. That's a lot of points, but Locure already shares the 4A career record for steals and it's pretty much a given that he'll finish 2nd for the 4A career assists record behind Jeff Horner, so maybe it can be done...

Wieskamp's Scoring By Year:
Freshman: 409
Sophomore: 496
Junior: 668 (Total points at end of junior year: 1573)
Senior: 803
Total: 2376

Locure's Scoring By Year:
Freshman: 320
Sophomore: 588
Junior: 675 (Total points: 1583)

Crazy numbers for Locure. I would say he has a shot at it.

I think I still like DJ more than Locure but I like Locure more than the MN kid.

DJ just got an offer from Belein and Michigan. He was wined and dined at tOSU by Clark Kellogg and Urban Meyer. I'm more and more pessimistic that he's coming to Iowa.

Terry's shot looks better than Locure's and he is bigger and taller but I'm not sure which one I'd want at this point.

DJ just got an offer from Belein and Michigan. He was wined and dined at tOSU by Clark Kellogg and Urban Meyer. I'm more and more pessimistic that he's coming to Iowa.

Terry's shot looks better than Locure's and he is bigger and taller but I'm not sure which one I'd want at this point.
1. I know for a fact, Carton wants to be a point guard, not a shooting guard. Personally, I think his game is better suited at the #2, but that's just my opinion.
2. Connor McCaffery is Iowa's point guard of the future with 4 years left to play and he is the coach's son.
3. Carton currently has offers from: Creighton, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa State, Kansas St, Marquette, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio St, & Wisconsin.
4. Iowa has missed the NCAA tourney the last 2 years.
5. Who in their right mind still believes Carton winds up playing for Fran?

You are crazy if you think getting a kid with 2 mid major offers over a top 50 kid is what we need.

whatever, dean. i'm also the guy that said JBo wasn't a B1G level pg because he lacked handles and lateral foot speed; but was an elite shooter, by the 6th non con game of his freshman season. you all blasted me for that one. now look at what our achilles heel is. i'm just some crazy guy. you got it.

whatever, dean. i'm also the guy that said JBo wasn't a B1G level pg because he lacked handles and lateral foot speed; but was an elite shooter, by the 6th non con game of his freshman season. you all blasted me for that one. now look at what our achilles heel is. i'm just some crazy guy. you got it.

Everyone said Jordan lacked foot speed and handles and everyone worried about his ability to play PG at the B1G level. Everyone also thought he was an elite shooter.

What is your point? That you can scout HS players? I mean if so how many times have you seen Locure play vs Carton? Why do you think he would be better than DJ when DJ has tons of offers, and Locure has Mid Major offers.

We are not getting Carton and JBo is a good point most of the time on the offensive end, but he's a screen door on the defensive end. We need more quickness to stop penetration by the other team's point.

Hope to cross paths with Quad City Elite this spring. D J may a better all around prospect, but Tyreke could give us two things we've been sorely lacking-penetration and ball pressure. He'll definitely need to pressure with control, however, or he will be susceptible to foul trouble.

Latest posts