Iowa Basketball Recruits

Probably more accurate than 20 or so journalists. Awards don't mean a whole lot, but apparently I'm not the only one that thinks Locure is pretty good.
Locure is good but as far as MVP goes... Take Locure out of North and they aren't near as good, not good enough to make it to state (I can't say this with full confidence because I didn't watch them, but also they didn't make it with him). Take Joe off of Muscatine and they don't make state in class 1A. They wouldn't have won a single game all year without him in their class. With him they made state in 4A. He IS/WAS that team.

Locure is good but as far as MVP goes... Take Locure out of North and they aren't near as good, not good enough to make it to state (I can't say this with full confidence because I didn't watch them, but also they didn't make it with him). Take Joe off of Muscatine and they don't make state in class 1A. They wouldn't have won a single game all year without him in their class. With him they made state in 4A. He IS/WAS that team.
I agree that Wieskamp deserved the MVP, but Locure is probably second.

As far as Tyreke's attitude, I think Iowa could use a little more attitude. The kid is a competitor and hates losing. I have watched too many games where the Hawks seem to just accept they are losing and show no fire.

Probably more accurate than 20 or so journalists. Awards don't mean a whole lot, but apparently I'm not the only one that thinks Locure is pretty good.

I don't know anything about him just don't get why his best offer is drake... if that offer still even exists

If this highlight video was from a recruit that didn't happen to be the coach's son, people would be pretty damn excited.

Sorry about the pigmentation-based comparison, but he looks a lot like Aaron White to me. Similar athleticism, sketchy outside shot, good feel for the game. White was a bit more rugged, and McCafferey seems to have better handles.

Who's slow for their position? Connor? Who else?

Hard to say since he is only a junior in HS, but it is possible that P Mac would be slow as a wing. To me, he ideally looks like an athletic 4. Even if he is athletic enough to be a wing, he doesn't seem like he would have the necessary skill set (yet).

Garza is slow, but he is good, so who cares?

Nunge seems like he would be a plus athlete at 4.

Wieskamp seems like a plus athlete; speed alone probably not exceptional, but the size/speed combo is pretty special.

Future lineup of:

(insert '19 PG: Carton/Terry/Locure/etc) Connor will play baseball at some point
Wieskamp
(Need a true SF; Maybe Wieskamp if Fredrick develops)
Nunge (Patrick McCaffery will be Nunge's backup until he graduates, or should be IMO)
Garza

Hard to say since he is only a junior in HS, but it is possible that P Mac would be slow as a wing. To me, he ideally looks like an athletic 4. Even if he is athletic enough to be a wing, he doesn't seem like he would have the necessary skill set (yet).

Garza is slow, but he is good, so who cares?

Nunge seems like he would be a plus athlete at 4.

Wieskamp seems like a plus athlete; speed alone probably not exceptional, but the size/speed combo is pretty special.

The thing about Patrick is people gave about him when he goes to camps with elite players. I can't imagine the McCaffery name means that much to people so they have to see something. It's not his shot and it's not his size. That's for sure. So what else is left? Maybe an elite combination of length, quickness, and smarts? Hopefully anyway.

Latest posts