Iowa Basketball Recruits

Sounds like he had a really good tournament. BTW they play by 1s and 2s and the first team to 21 wins. So it's a different format

Looks like Patrick's team went 8-0 in the tournament and the winners have a chance to be selected to play for team USA in the U18 youth Olympics in Argentina this October. @RobHowe will have to add this to his list of things to track ;)

Sounds like he had a really good tournament. BTW they play by 1s and 2s and the first team to 21 wins. So it's a different format

Looks like Patrick's team went 8-0 in the tournament and the winners have a chance to be selected to play for team USA in the U18 youth Olympics in Argentina this October. @RobHowe will have to add this to his list of things to track ;)
Looks like PMac's going up against some serious competition!

Not sure about their high school stats... but:
Craig Hodges, who won 3 3-point shootouts, shot 82% from the line.
Jason Kapono, who won 2 3-point shootouts, shot 83% from the line.
Dale Ellis, who won a 3-point shootout, shot 82% from the line.
Paul Pierce, who won a 3-point shootout, shot 80% from the line.

There are guys who won 3-point shootouts who shot very well (Mark Price shot 90% in his career) but most are in the 80%-85% range.

CJ ended up 84.1% so not elite but nothing to be concerned about either to say the least.

Not sure about their high school stats... but:
Craig Hodges, who won 3 3-point shootouts, shot 82% from the line.
Jason Kapono, who won 2 3-point shootouts, shot 83% from the line.
Dale Ellis, who won a 3-point shootout, shot 82% from the line.
Paul Pierce, who won a 3-point shootout, shot 80% from the line.

There are guys who won 3-point shootouts who shot very well (Mark Price shot 90% in his career) but most are in the 80%-85% range.

Solid counterpoints. I plan to be cautiously optimistic about this incoming class (including Connor). Wieskamp is a guaranteed upgrade, Connor is likely a solid option backing up the point, and if we get anything from Fredrick, it will be a bonus. I think Dailey and Moss will both look better next year when they have capable backups and can play in their more natural positions. And that's without accounting for any strides they make in the offseason. I also feel more excited about CJ after reading that article on HawkCentral.

Speaking of recruits though, does anyone know if Fran actually has an offer out to that 7'2 guy from Minnesota listed on 247? Or has that offer "expired"?

_08hLJMM

Looks like PMac's going up against some serious competition!

Lol what is the deal here? Those guys looked like scrubs. Is this not an event that anyone good plays in? I would think anything related to US national basketball would be full of the best.

Figured we could follow how some of the Iowa recruits/commits are doing... Feel free to add any I missed or correct me if I screwed up.

2019 DJ Carton; (Bettendorf) 4A
Scored 24pts, 9 rbds, 2 steals, 1 block, 4 assists, 4 turnovers
His team won at Cedar Rapids, Washington 55-33.
Next game is Dec 2nd at home vs Linn-Mar, Marion.

2020 Xavier Foster; (Oskaloosa) 3A
Scored 16pts, 2 rbds, 2 steals, 1 block, 1 assist, 3 turnovers.
His team beat Fairfield 64-52 Tuesday.
Next game is at home vs Pella Christian Friday 1 Dec.

2018 CJ Fredrick(Iowa); (Park Hills, KY) 5A (out of 6 classes)
Scored 11pts, 2 rbds, (1 for 7 beyond the arc) Can't find a source with more stats. If you know of one, please post it.
His team won at Lexington Catholic 54-53 Wednesday.
Next game is Dec 5th at home vs St Henry.

2018 AJ Green(UNI); (Cedar Falls) 4A
Scored 28pts, Made 8 three pointers, 5 rbds, 2 steals, 7 assists, 2 turnovers
His team won @ West Delaware, Manchester 82-43
Next game is Dec 5th at home vs Waterloo, West.

2019 Tyreke Locure; (Des Moines, North) 4A
Scored 28pts, 4 rbds, 8 steals, 5 assists, 4 turnovers.
His team lost to Waukee 63-66 at home Tuesday.
Next game is @ Ankeny Centennial Friday 1 Dec.

2019 Patrick McCaffery(Iowa); (Iowa City) 4A

Scored 24pts, 4 rbds, 3 steals, 1 block, 1 assist, 1 turnover
His team won vs Dowling Catholic 52-41 at home Thursday.
Next game is @ Minneapolis DeLaSalle Friday Dec 1st.

2018 Joe Wieskamp(Iowa); (Muscatine) 4A
Season opener is Dec 1st @ Washington

This might upset some folks...

Not mad. Will congratulate if he wins. I also think though that Muscatine was a much steeper drop off talent wise after Joe than was North with Locure. So my personal opinion would remain that Joe would be the MVP of Iowa this year. However a vote is a vote and my opinion is worth 1 if I vote and zero if I abstain.

Latest posts