~ Iowa Basketball Career Records to Watch ~

Recent Update Movements & Stats to Watch:
  • Jordan Bohannon is 14 points away from tying Jeff Moe for 22nd all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 5 assists away from tying Ronnie Lester for 6th all time in career assists
  • Luka Garza is 147 points away from becoming the 49th member of the 1,000 point club

All stats are up to date through the DePaul game as of 11/13/2019

• Jordan Bohannon passed Jeff Moe and is now 22nd all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 25 points away from tying Jarrod Uthoff for 21st all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon passed Ronnie Lester and is now 6th all time in career assists
  • Jordan Bohannon is 30 assists away from tying B.J. Armstrong for 5th all time in career assists
  • Luka Garza is 69 points away from becoming the 49th member of the 1,000 point club

All stats are up to date through the San Diego St. game as of 12/02/2019

Welcome to the club, Luka Garza, thanks for your 44 point performance at Michigan. Now let's see how high up the ladder you can climb.

• Jordan Bohannon is now tied with Jarrod Uthoff for 21st all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 17 points away from tying Tyler Cook for 20th all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 16 assists away from tying B.J. Armstrong for 5th all time in career assists
  • Luka Garza became the 49th member of the 1,000 point club
  • Luka Garza passed George Peeples, Steve Carfino, and Gerry Jones and is now 46th all time in career points
  • Luka Garza is 10 points away from tying Carl Cain and Reggie Evans for 44th all time in career points

All stats are up to date through the Minnesota game as of 12/10/2019

Looks like Luka needs to average 19.5 points per game from here on out to be the all time scoring leader. That's not including winning any post season games. If he doesn't miss any time from injuries, and if we win at least a few post season games, I think he does it.

Looks like Luka needs to average 19.5 points per game from here on out to be the all time scoring leader. That's not including winning any post season games. If he doesn't miss any time from injuries, and if we win at least a few post season games, I think he does it.
I think he has a better chance at the all time rebounding record if he can continue to rebound at this rate the rest of this year and next year.

I think odds are low that he ends up continuing to get these numbers next year when we have more players grabbing rebounds and scoring points around him.

I don't know about that rebound record, Brunner leads with 990 and by my count Luka has 318 thru the Minnesota game.

It will be tough for Luka to catch Roy Marble but it would be great to watch if he did. But there are teams out there that will have the bodies and defense to slow him down. Plus next year with all the new players minutes could get tougher.

I'd say Joe W will be next to join the scorirng club, he'll be #50.

I don't know about that rebound record, Brunner leads with 990 and by my count Luka has 318 thru the Minnesota game.

It will be tough for Luka to catch Roy Marble but it would be great to watch if he did. But there are teams out there that will have the bodies and defense to slow him down. Plus next year with all the new players minutes could get tougher.

I believe Luka is at 453 career rebounds. If he keeps his current season pace of 9.8 RPG the rest of his career, he has a shot. 21 regular season games left this year (18 conf 3 noncon) and then add say 2 for post season (1 conf 1 NIT/NCAA) and you have 23 games left probably at the minimum this year. Stay conservative and say 33 games next year and that's 56 left in his career. 9.8 x 56 = 549 + 453 = 1,002.

He just played two of the better big men he will see all year. All he did was average 33.5 points per game. And minutes wont be hard to come by for Luka next year. He will be too good to keep off the court.

I believe Luka is at 453 career rebounds. If he keeps his current season pace of 9.8 RPG the rest of his career, he has a shot. 21 regular season games left this year (18 conf 3 noncon) and then add say 2 for post season (1 conf 1 NIT/NCAA) and you have 23 games left probably at the minimum this year. Stay conservative and say 33 games next year and that's 56 left in his career. 9.8 x 56 = 549 + 453 = 1,002.

So basically if he averages 19.5 PPG and 9.8 rebounds per game he will be all time leader in both. Tall task but he will probably end up near the top in both categories by the end of his career regardless (assuming no lost time for injuries or leaving early).

Let the Peacock Fly!

Last edited:
  • Jordan Bohannon passed Jarrod Uthoff and is now in sole possession of 21st all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 5 points away from tying Tyler Cook for 20th all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 13 assists away from tying B.J. Armstrong for 5th all time in career assists
  • Luka Garza passed Carl Cain, Reggie Evans, and Glen Worley and is now 43rd all time in career points
  • Luka Garza is 7 points away from tying Pierre Pierce and Mike Gesell for 41st all time in career points

All stats are up to date through the Iowa State game as of 12/13/2019

Bohannon needs to average 3.5 assists per game next year to become the all time assist leader. He averages 4.5 now but will play off the ball more next year.

Wow, Keep up your good work!

Thank you! Coming up on almost 6 years and the thread is still alive. I'm not sure what that says about me lol but I continue to do it for 3 reasons.

1. People like you keep coming back every so often.
2. The thread is stickied which reminds me to update it whenever I notice it at the top of the forum.
3. I enjoy doing it because I'm a stat junky and I can't find the data presented like this anywhere else.

• Jordan Bohannon is 5 points away from tying Tyler Cook for 20th all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 13 assists away from tying B.J. Armstrong for 5th all time in career assists
  • Luka Garza passed Pierre Pierce and Mike Gesell and is now 41st all time in career points
  • Luka Garza is 13 points away from tying Ryan Bowen for 40th all time in career points

All stats are up to date through the Cincinnati game as of 12/23/2019

• Luka Garza passed Ryan Bowen, Fred Brown, and Charles Darling and is now 38th all time in career points
  • Luka Garza is 12 points away from tying Kenny Arnold for 37th all time in career points

All stats are up to date through the Kennesaw State game as of 12/30/2019

• Luka Garza passed Kenny Arnold, Michael Payne, Chris Kingsbury, and Melsahn Basabe and is now 34th all time in career points
  • Luka Garza is 11 points away from tying Bob Hansen and Kevin Kunnert for 32nd all time in career points

All stats are up to date through the Penn State game as of 1/6/2020

Luka now needs to average 18.8 points per game to get the record. That's counting 4 post season tournament games over the next 2 years. Odds are he will get more than that. If he plays in every game through next year, he almost certainly gets it.

• Luka Garza passed Bob Hansen, Kevin Kunnert, and Chad Calabria and is now 31st all time in career points
  • Luka Garza is 1 point away from tying John Johnson for 30th all time in career points

All stats are up to date through the Maryland game as of 1/13/2020

Latest posts