~ Iowa Basketball Career Records to Watch ~

Didn't Baer attempt one 3 pointer his entire high school career?

I think that's what Fran has said a few times in the past. Pretty impressive career he's put together.

Kind of makes one wonder that if he can develop a jumper, why do so many others struggle to do so?

I think that's what Fran has said a few times in the past. Pretty impressive career he's put together.

Kind of makes one wonder that if he can develop a jumper, why do so many others struggle to do so?

Because it has almost nothing to do with coaching. It's all natural ability and desire. Baer has the latter more than almost anyone.

Recent Update Movements & Stats to Watch:
  • Jordan Bohannon passed Jeff Horner and is now 1st all time in career 3PM
  • Jordan Bohannon is 9 assists away from tying Ronnie Lester for 6th all time in career assists
  • Jordan Bohannon passed Chad Calabria, John Johnson, Sam Williams, Val Barnes, Bill Logan, Dave Gunther, and Kevin Boyle and is now 24th all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 8 points away from tying Kenyon Murray for 23rd all time in career points
  • Nicholas Baer passed Michael Payne and ended his career 8th all time in career blocks
  • Nicholas Baer ended his career 6 3PM away from tying Josh Oglesby and breaking into the top 10 for career 3PM
  • Tyler Cook passed Jarrod Uthoff and is now 20th all time in career points
  • Tyler Cook is 28 points away from tying James Moses for 19th all time in career points
  • Isaiah Moss is 94 points away from breaking into the 1,000 point club
  • Isaiah Moss is 22 3PM away from tying Josh Oglesby and breaking into the top 10 for career 3PM

All stats are up to date through the Tennessee game as of 3/26/2019

Some other trivia, I think about these things so others might as well and enjoy the numbers:

Luka Garza has 819 points after two years. He seems a lock to go into the 1000 point club next year. If Cook, JBo, and Moss all return we would have four active members in the 1000 point club which I believe would be a first for the Iowa program. That also adds up to a lot of experience.

Rebounds - Can Cook make the Top 10? After three years he has 619 boards, 175 short of Reggie Evans at #10. So, he would stand a good chance of cracking into the Top 10. He's had over 200 rebounds each of the last two years.

Free throws - Cook has 324, JBo 214. Adam Haluska sits at #10 with 384 so Cook would have a good shot but Jbo not likely. JBo's three year totals are 47, 75, and 102 this year so for as great a free throw shooter as he is, he doesn't go to the line that often, mainly at the end of games when they want the ball in his hands so he will get fouled.

Some other trivia, I think about these things so others might as well and enjoy the numbers:

Luka Garza has 819 points after two years. He seems a lock to go into the 1000 point club next year. If Cook, JBo, and Moss all return we would have four active members in the 1000 point club which I believe would be a first for the Iowa program. That also adds up to a lot of experience.

Rebounds - Can Cook make the Top 10? After three years he has 619 boards, 175 short of Reggie Evans at #10. So, he would stand a good chance of cracking into the Top 10. He's had over 200 rebounds each of the last two years.

Free throws - Cook has 324, JBo 214. Adam Haluska sits at #10 with 384 so Cook would have a good shot but Jbo not likely. JBo's three year totals are 47, 75, and 102 this year so for as great a free throw shooter as he is, he doesn't go to the line that often, mainly at the end of games when they want the ball in his hands so he will get fouled.

Good stuff! I looked into adding most of those with an asterisk but figured I'd wait to see if Cook returns before creating more work for myself. :D

Looks like Garza needs to average about 17 points per game over the next 2 years to get to 2000 points. I think he has a chance.

It's possible but will be pretty tough. There are a lot of mouths to feed the next couple of years.

A lot of mouths to feed is right! I will be very surprised if we don't lose 1-3 players for next year that could come back. Who they are is tough to say right now.

Cook is the most obvious but it's not a given. He knows he's not ready for the NBA and he likely knows he won't be drafted. It seems to me his question is does he want to work on his game at Iowa or in the G League or overseas.

Moss really has the same situation as Cook. I don't think making the 1000 point club alone would bring him back.

If I were Dailey I'd go, just like Brady Ellingson.

Interesting that we've seen no defections so far. I think the thrill of making the NCAA, beating Cincy, and the thought of just how far they could go next year has them all thinking seriously about what they are going to do. They know minutes could be tough.

Now etched in stone - Tyler Cook 1315

He won't hold onto that #20 spots very long.

Well... With Cook and Moss gone and now Bohannon likely to redshirt, there might not be as much movement as I thought next season. It's looking like Garza joining the 1,000 point club is about it. Joe W is probably at least a partial season after next away from joining the 1,000 point club and top 10 in 3 pointers.

Well, the first line is still true. JBo still stnds to pass TC at some point but at this point who know when exactly that might be.

Just think, if Cook and Moss came back, JBo healthy and Garza joining the club at some point next season there could have been four active players in the club. that would surely be a record. My how things change.

One thing about the 1000 point club is that it is full of shoulda, woulda, coulda's.

Can probably take the Moss, Cook, and Baer highlights off now.

The changes will be made the next time I update it. I plan on adding Garza to the points watch list as well. He should easily surpass the 1,000 point mark this season.

My laptop has been failing to cooperate... I'll get it all updated as soon as I can. Might not be until Monday.

Recent Update Movements & Stats to Watch:
  • Jordan Bohannon passed Kenyon Murray and is now 23rd all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 17 points away from tying Jeff Moe for 22nd all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 5 assists away from tying Ronnie Lester for 6th all time in career assists
  • Luka Garza is 161 points away from becoming the 49th member of the 1,000 point club

All stats are up to date through the SIUE game as of 11/11/2019

Latest posts