~ Iowa Basketball Career Records to Watch ~

You've just been looking at my update posts? o_O

Didn't see this until now but yes, this thread will be around as long as I'm still able and HN is up and running. :cool:

I do check the updates every time and love them. I just never thought to go back to the first page since it's been so long since I've seen it.

Baer got cheated out of a block in that Indiana game. He got called for a foul but the replay showed he made a clea block. I hope he doesn't end up one block short of some milestone. I'm not sure he can catch Tree.

Recent Update Movements & Stats to Watch:
  • Jordan Bohannon is now tied with Matt Gatens for 2nd all time in career 3PM
  • Jordan Bohannon is 23 3PM away from tying Jeff Horner for 1st all time in career 3PM
  • Jordan Bohannon is 45 assists away from tying Ronnie Lester for 6th all time in career assists
  • Jordan Bohannon passed Pierre Pierce and Mike Gesell and is now 40th all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 7 points away from tying Ryan Bowen for 39th all time in career points
  • Nicholas Baer is 9 blocks away from tying Michael Payne for 8th all time in career blocks
  • Tyler Cook passed Bill Logan, Dave Gunther, Val Barnes, and Kevin Boyle and is now 23rd all time in career points
  • Tyler Cook is 30 points away from tying Kenyon Murray for 22nd all time in career points

All stats are up to date through the Northwestern game as of 2/11/2019

Moss 825
Garza 697

Through the Rutgers game the above numbers are the career points Isiaih and Luka have.

With 8 guaranteed games left Isiaih would have to average 22 ppg to make it into the club this year. You'd like to think we'll have more than 8 games left but post season wins hasn't been a hawk strong point in recent years. But with more than 8 games Isiaih has a shot at the club this year. If he comes back next year he's a lock but does he come back is the question? I'm guessing not.

Luka is well positioned to make the club next year. He could be just like TC and JBo were going into this year with more than 800 points and getting into the club around the start of conference.play..

Joe Wieskamp would appear to be next in line. He currently has 294 so is well positioned. Luka had exactly 400 points last year. Having a good freshman year is key to making a run at at the top levels.

Moss 825
Garza 697

Through the Rutgers game the above numbers are the career points Isiaih and Luka have.

With 8 guaranteed games left Isiaih would have to average 22 ppg to make it into the club this year. You'd like to think we'll have more than 8 games left but post season wins hasn't been a hawk strong point in recent years. But with more than 8 games Isiaih has a shot at the club this year. If he comes back next year he's a lock but does he come back is the question? I'm guessing not.

Luka is well positioned to make the club next year. He could be just like TC and JBo were going into this year with more than 800 points and getting into the club around the start of conference.play..

Joe Wieskamp would appear to be next in line. He currently has 294 so is well positioned. Luka had exactly 400 points last year. Having a good freshman year is key to making a run at at the top levels.
So as long as we have at least 1 post season win, Joe should top 400 this year.

To make it into the Top 10 you've got to get to 1600 points. It's not too much of a stretch that JBo, Luka and Joe are good candidates to get there.

And if Cook comes back he would get there too. Crazy if 4 guys on the same team get into the top 10.

• Jordan Bohannon passed Matt Gatens and is now in sole possession of 2nd all time in career 3PM
  • Jordan Bohannon is 20 3PM away from tying Jeff Horner for 1st all time in career 3PM
  • Jordan Bohannon is 40 assists away from tying Ronnie Lester for 6th all time in career assists
  • Jordan Bohannon passed Ryan Bowen, Fred Brown, and Charles Darling and is now 37th all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 11 points away from tying Kenny Arnold for 36th all time in career points
  • Nicholas Baer is 7 blocks away from tying Michael Payne for 8th all time in career blocks
  • Tyler Cook is 18 points away from tying Kenyon Murray for 22nd all time in career points

All stats are up to date through the Rutgers game as of 2/18/2019

I should have perhaps included Nunge as a candidate to make the club depending on hhow his redshirt season has gone. If he had put on 25 lbs and worked on his game he could make a move. Maybe we'll have another 'Twin Towers' the next two years.

Nugne finished his freshman year with 188 points. Nothing close to Luka and Joe but still not bad. He needs 812 total points or 270 a year. Very doable, Mike Gesell made it into the club averaging about that total every year.

• Jordan Bohannon passed Matt Gatens and is now in sole possession of 2nd all time in career 3PM
  • Jordan Bohannon is 20 3PM away from tying Jeff Horner for 1st all time in career 3PM
  • Jordan Bohannon is 40 assists away from tying Ronnie Lester for 6th all time in career assists
  • Jordan Bohannon passed Ryan Bowen, Fred Brown, and Charles Darling and is now 37th all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 11 points away from tying Kenny Arnold for 36th all time in career points
  • Nicholas Baer is 7 blocks away from tying Michael Payne for 8th all time in career blocks
  • Tyler Cook is 18 points away from tying Kenyon Murray for 22nd all time in career points

All stats are up to date through the Rutgers game as of 2/18/2019

Jobo passed the old guys in scoring!
giphy.gif

• Jordan Bohannon is 10 3PM away from tying Jeff Horner for 1st all time in career 3PM
  • Jordan Bohannon is 29 assists away from tying Ronnie Lester for 6th all time in career assists
  • Jordan Bohannon passed Kenny Arnold, Michael Payne, Chris Kingsbury, Melsahn Basabe, Bob Hansen, and Kevin Kunnert and is now 31st all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 13 points away from tying Chad Calabria for 30th all time in career points
  • Nicholas Baer is 4 blocks away from tying Michael Payne for 8th all time in career blocks
  • Nicholas Baer is 14 3PM away from tying Josh Oglesby and breaking into the top 10 for career 3PM
  • Tyler Cook passed Kenyon Murray and Jeff Moe and is now 21st all time in career points
  • Tyler Cook is 34 points away from tying Jarrod Uthoff for 20th all time in career points

All stats are up to date through the Rutgers game as of 3/6/2019

• Nicholas Baer is 4 blocks away from tying Michael Payne for 8th all time in career blocks
  • Nicholas Baer is 14 3PM away from tying Josh Oglesby and breaking into the top 10 for career 3PM

All stats are up to date through the Rutgers game as of 3/6/2019

I had no idea Baer was that close to the top 10 in career 3PM. I hope he makes it. Starting a career as a walk-on and ending up a top 10 career Hawkeye in 2 categories... It's hard to overstate how remarkable that is.

You never know how these career totals will play out in the end but it's fun watching. All I know is that these Hawks have final numbers that will be theirs for time eternal.

I remember when it appeared certain that Dev Marble would pass BJ Armstrong to get to #5 all time scoring and he dropped in 5 points in a career ending loss.

I'm away from my spreadsheets until Sunday but thought I'd give a small update. Jordan Bohannon is now at 260 3PM, just 2 away from tying Jeff Horner and 3 away from taking the all time lead. Nicholas Baer is now at 138 3PM, just 8 shy of tying Josh Oglesby for 10th all time.

I'm away from my spreadsheets until Sunday but thought I'd give a small update. Jordan Bohannon is now at 260 3PM, just 2 away from tying Jeff Horner and 3 away from taking the all time lead. Nicholas Baer is now at 138 3PM, just 8 shy of tying Josh Oglesby for 10th all time.
Didn't Baer attempt one 3 pointer his entire high school career?

Latest posts