Iowa Athletics COVID-19 Discussion

So just to make sure I understand this correctly...Governor Reynolds is refusing to shut down bars in metro areas while lawsuits are being filed by school districts for the state's refusal to allow them to go to 100% online classes to start the school year.

Seems brilliant if you ask me, can't imagine what could go wrong.

EgjWD9LWAAECmD0

Data: 1,000 deaths from Covid 19 per day in the US.

European countries, with a total population equivalent to the US, 57 deaths per day.

Iowa leads the nation in infections per day. No formal response from government officials, except for one who said “Infection numbers are inflated because nurses and doctors, etc. get paid more for Covid 19 patient treatments.”

There have been cases in Johnson County for almost 6 months, nearly half of the total have been in just the last two weeks alone

I think the social distancing at the game itself could work, but I think the bigger problem is how do you maintain social distancing while arriving at and going into the stadium. Masks get hot and suck to wear in the heat so I think another issue is going to be for those in the stands that don't believe in wearing masks, what safeguards or policies can be put in place to see to it that they are wearing their masks while exiting the stadium? Obviously they can be asked to leave or removed if they refuse to wear it entering the game, but that doesn't have the same pull once the final whistle blows.

My daughter goes to Missouri S and T. This is one of THE best engineering schools in the nation, ranked 4th one spot ahead of MIT.
They expelled 40 students because they went to an off campus party.

Shit just got real.

IOWA REPORTS POSITIVE COVID-19 TESTS

IOWA CITY, Iowa – The University of Iowa Athletics Department conducted 743 COVID-19 tests for the week of Sept. 14-20, 2020. Seven positive tests and 736 negative tests have been received. As part of the return to campus protocol, testing began May 29, 2020, and includes student-athletes, coaches and staff. A total of 228 positive tests, 4,225 negative tests and one inconclusive test have been received.

Following the positive test result, protocol established by UI Athletics and medical staff, including contact tracing procedures, is being followed to ensure the safety of all UI Athletics student-athletes and staff. This mandatory protocol also includes isolation for the individuals who test positive, and quarantine for those individuals who might have been exposed to someone with the virus.

Latest posts