Interesting Yet Disturbing Post from OSU Board

really?

the legendary jopa has this story covered up for years, it finally hits the national press, and he subsequently dies a relatively fast death, while still seemingly healthy enough to coach division 1 football, even tho he is 85 years old. this story, and his own first hand knowledge of what happened inside the 4 walls and his involvement in such, crushed him like a rag doll once it was out in the open.

I read it as you thought somebody killed him to keep him quiet. With your further explanation, yes that is a very plausible explanation.

I read it as you thought somebody killed him to keep him quiet. With your further explanation, yes that is a very plausible explanation.

no, my intent was that he basically killed himself, not by his own hand, but by the mountain of stress put on him. stress is what allows most diseases into the body and to overcome the bodies defense system.

again, no coincidence here that he got sick, and then died so swiftly.

no, my intent was that he basically killed himself, not by his own hand, but by the mountain of stress put on him. stress is what allows most diseases into the body and to overcome the bodies defense system.

Don't disagree with that at all.

Come on, '23. I will concede that stress and shock-trauma can weaken a person's will and diminish them physically, but paterno was 85 and had cancer. He essentially died of old age, and I believe he would have died this year anyway, regardless of the sanderpsky mess.

Come on, '23. I will concede that stress and shock-trauma can weaken a person's will and diminish them physically, but paterno was 85 and had cancer. He essentially died of old age, and I believe he would have died this year anyway, regardless of the sanderpsky mess.

see, we'll never know that. but isn't it a bit odd that the cancer and the sandusky news happened concurrently?

why didn't he develop cancer at age 82?

i'm telling you, stress it a biatch to the human body AND human mind.

it's fine to have a difference of opinion here, because none of us will ever know.

i just don't believe it was coincidental.

see, we'll never know that. but isn't it a bit odd that the cancer and the sandusky news happened concurrently?

it's fine to have a difference of opinion here, because none of us will ever know.

I think the cancer and sandusky shitstorm is probably coincidence. Where I believe your hypothesis holds a lot of water is in his will to live and fight after getting cancer.

I think the cancer and sandusky shitstorm is probably coincidence. Where I believe your hypothesis holds a lot of water is in his will to live and fight after getting cancer.

Agree.
I'm guessing the cancer was incubating inside paterno well in advance of the shitdusky revelations. That's how cancer works...it is not a sudden onset disease.

While I think the argument could be made that the Sandusky stuff contributed to a quicker demise for Paterno because of the stress and all, the timing of his having lung cancer was probably a coincidence.

Lung cancer is often detected late, and thus makes it difficult to treat. I had a relative who died 6 months after being diagnosed with no treatment, and I know of somebody else who even with treatment also died after only 6 months.

So, simply on survival rates coupled with his age, he'd still probably be dead right now from lung cancer even without Sandusky.

Paterno had this cancer for sometime before all of the sanderpsky stuff came to light. Stress and fatigue weakened him letting the cancer roll through.

Maybe it wasn't cancer. maybe he was killed to keep quiet and doctors were paid off to say it was cancer.

Maybe it wasn't cancer. maybe he was killed to keep quiet and doctors were paid off to say it was cancer.

Maybe when they asked JoePa if he wanted to keep doing treatment after this all came out he said no knowing that the secrets would go with him to the grave.

His final act of honor to Penn Sticky Uni before he died.

stanger things have happened, and wouldn't be surprised. the cancer could have easily been a family story to explain away his demise. that is a bit of a stretch, yes, but in this case nothing should surprise.

i've spoken with a cancer dr. who said that all of us have cancer in our body, in a very small amount, and our body fights it and other bad stuff on a daily basis.

so when your immune system is down, the cancer isn't fought off, it overtakes. so in this case, his body was worn down both physically and mentally........

anyway, we'll never know. good discussion.

I couldn't find anything in the NCAA rulebook about harboring a child molester. There's also nothing explicitly prohibiting nude cheerleading or eating another man's face off.Hurrrrrrrrrrr...

You won't find those violations in the NCAA rule book, but you will find them in the local/state/federal criminal codes.

1.) Law Enforcement and the Justice system have jurisdiction in this matter. Those involved will be punished criminally and/or civilly.

2.) The NCAA governs and enforces rules of Collegiate Amateur Athletics of member schools.

3.) It is not a good idea for governing bodies/organizations to be given powers outside their boundary and jurisdiction no matter how badly we may want them to.

4.) NCAA will conduct an investigation within PSU and find legitimate recruiting or pay for play infractions would be my guess.

Ok....WHAT?!?! You're talking out of both sides of you mouth. You keep saying that "there's no way it was coincidental" and then people call you on the vagaries of your bat-shoot-crazy paranoia talk.... So you spiff it up by saying that you were talking about stress being the cause (which was nice thinking on your feet, but pretty transparent) ...yet you continue to make veiled reference to the sinister "coincidence."

So, you have two separate theses, and you're claiming both: 1) That it wasn't a coincidence that Paterno died right after Sandusky got caught (cue the X-files theme song), and 2) That Paterno was sick and Sandusky's thing killed him through stress (that's a coincidence, even though you oddly say it isn't).

You can't have it both ways. My gut tells me that you think the Penn State branch of the CIA severed his bronchial tube. Let your freak flag fly, homeskillet.

Ok....WHAT?!?! You're talking out of both sides of you mouth. You keep saying that "there's no way it was coincidental" and then people call you on the vagaries of your bat-shoot-crazy paranoia talk.... So you spiff it up by saying that you were talking about stress being the cause (which was nice thinking on your feet, but pretty transparent) ...yet you continue to make veiled reference to the sinister "coincidence."

So, you have two separate theses, and you're claiming both: 1) That it wasn't a coincidence that Paterno died right after Sandusky got caught (cue the X-files theme song), and 2) That Paterno was sick and Sandusky's thing killed him through stress (that's a coincidence, even though you oddly say it isn't).

You can't have it both ways. My gut tells me that you think the Penn State branch of the CIA severed his bronchial tube. Let your freak flag fly, homeskillet.

yeah, you got me.

I couldn't find anything in the NCAA rulebook about harboring a child molester. There's also nothing explicitly prohibiting nude cheerleading or eating another man's face off.Hurrrrrrrrrrr...

You won't find those violations in the NCAA rule book, but you will find them in the local/state/federal criminal codes.

1.) Law Enforcement and the Justice system have jurisdiction in this matter. Those involved will be punished criminally and/or civilly.

2.) The NCAA governs and enforces rules of Collegiate Amateur Athletics of member schools.

3.) It is not a good idea for governing bodies/organizations to be given powers outside their boundary and jurisdiction no matter how badly we may want them to.

4.) NCAA will conduct an investigation within PSU and find legitimate recruiting or pay for play infractions would be my guess.

Ok, add paying players illegal benefits but I think you can wrap that into recruiting as well. Point still stands.

You're arguing for what you want to see happen. I'm arguing what history shows will happen. Some of you are setting yourselves up to being ****** off in a few years.

That doesnt happen in here.....:D

Ok, recruiting and taking improper benefits which is against the NCAA rules. NCAA rules are all about cheating in recruiting or violating amateur status, i.e. getting payed to play, selling gear for money, getting a house for your mom.

NCAA does not have laws against crimes, otherwise they could have punished Iowa among other schools for their athletes getting arrested. If NCAA were to do anything PSU could almost certainly take them to court and win.

Had a murder in Montana by a football player or 2 sometime back as well....last I checked they are still a power in FCS.

Latest posts