Interesting Yet Disturbing Post from OSU Board

People like Hayden Fry, et. al., fall further from "relevance" when other "legends" go out like this.

Heck, the BTN did an "Icons" series on coaches. No Hayden. Alvarez, Osborne, even Jud Heathcote and Lou Henson, have been featured. Hayden? No. He was the most "maverick" Big 10/Big Ten of the last 30 years. No mention of him on any "legends" list we see on BTN.

Curiously enough, the Enquirer has been right about a lot of things that seemed outrageous at first. The gap between the "tabloids" and "mainstream" journalism is getting smaller.

As for this guy in particular, he's referred to as a pretty credible member of the Penn St site. There are plenty of turds on these forums... but not everyone.

Who knows...but at this point, I'd be more surprised if it was over...than if the above proved to be true.

When the liberal media, ignored and swept rumors about John 'it ain't my kid' Edwards under the rug, The Enquirer forged ahead. The msm media now tries to sweep this FACT under the rug, too. :D

^Even more criminal, considering that Osborne never coached one day in the league!

I know a PART of including guys like Soh, Osborne, Eric Crouch, et. al., is to "hook" Nebraska fans on BTN the moment they join the league. I get that PSU and Nebraska are now in the B1G.

But when they show PSU games from 1983, feature John Cappelletti as an "icon" and name Eric Crouch as one the "Big Ten's Best" QBs, it pisses me off.

Of COURSE all were "iconic", but NOT within the context of the Big 10/Big Ten/B1G. If they can do "honorable mention" for a Mitch King or Adrian Clayborn--who played ALL their conference games as members of the Big Ten--they can certainly do "honorary" or "special note" of players who played for "current" B1G members but never, themselves, were part of the conference in any of its incarnations.

Latest posts