Interesting Yet Disturbing Post from OSU Board

To say now that the Sandusky trial is over things will get back to normal is just flat crazy. There are several investigations ongoing including one by the FBI as to what school officials knew and when. I don't see the NCAA giving them the death penalty or anything like that but to say things are over just isn't true. For Sandusky, yes but things are just getting started for the actual school.

Well....I'm not sure things are "over" for him yet. He probably doesn't have long though.

i honestly don't know why anyone would pay attention to any message board rumor on this.

All Im saying is everybody was saying that the OP from the PSU board always had solid "inside" information in the past regarding the PSU football program.

Hard to believe that he just went off the deep end and started making crap up about this situation at PSU.

For the same reason the National Enquirer is still in business.

Curiously enough, the Enquirer has been right about a lot of things that seemed outrageous at first. The gap between the "tabloids" and "mainstream" journalism is getting smaller.

As for this guy in particular, he's referred to as a pretty credible member of the Penn St site. There are plenty of turds on these forums... but not everyone.

Who knows...but at this point, I'd be more surprised if it was over...than if the above proved to be true.

i honestly don't know why anyone would pay attention to any message board rumor on this.
All Im saying is everybody was saying that the OP from the PSU board always had solid "inside" information in the past regarding the PSU football program. Hard to believe that he just went off the deep end and started making crap up about this situation at PSU.

so you are saying anonymous people you dont know are saying other anonymous people they don't know said the OP (an anonymous person they don't know) has had a good reliable source (probably an anonymous person he doesn't know) and therefore the info is credible and correct.

why would anyone be skeptical of that?

All Im saying is everybody was saying that the OP from the PSU board always had solid "inside" information in the past regarding the PSU football program. Hard to believe that he just went off the deep end and started making crap up about this situation at PSU.

so you are saying anonymous people you dont know are saying other anonymous people they don't know said the OP (an anonymous person they don't know) has had a good reliable source (probably an anonymous person he doesn't know) and therefore the info is credible and correct.

I aint treatin it as gospel but rumors break on Iowa message boards all the time that end up being true.

The guy has posted solid info in the past, hard to believe that he does a 180 now and is just flinging poo.

Exactly. But who has the patience to wait out the facts any more? It's better to go on 4 levels of hearsay these days.

anyone thats been around the boards for awhile, especially 15+ years like myself, knows that you can take some posters to the bank.

I aint treatin it as gospel but rumors break on Iowa message boards all the time that end up being true.

The guy has posted solid info in the past, hard to believe that he does a 180 now and is just flinging poo.

Are you referring to the one's where 20+ Iowa players would be kicked off the team after team wide drug tests? You see, there were some pretty good posters on this very website who were spreading these bogus rumors, maybe you were one of them I don't know.

It would be unprecedented for the NCAA to penalize PSU for a criminal matter like this where no actual NCAA rules were broken

Lack of institutional control. Institutional integrity.

Either is plenty of reason for the NCAA to bring the hammer down on PSU.

Not that I expect the nutless wonders in charge to actually act, however.

Lack of institutional control. Institutional integrity.

Either is plenty of reason for the NCAA to bring the hammer down on PSU.

Not that I expect the nutless wonders in charge to actually act, however.

Name one time the NCAA has penalized any school for anything other than recruiting violations. I'll hang up and listen.

Name one time the NCAA has penalized any school for anything other than recruiting violations. I'll hang up and listen.

Name one other situation that comes within the same zip code of this on the F'd up scale.

This is uncharted territory.

Are you referring to the one's where 20+ Iowa players would be kicked off the team after team wide drug tests? You see, there were some pretty good posters on this very website who were spreading these bogus rumors, maybe you were one of them I don't know.

Where did I say every rumor on every message board was true?

There has been lots of stories that have "broken" on here and other boards before it hit the mainstream media.

And no, I did not spread or start any of the rumors about the drug tests or mass suspensions.

Really? Wasnt SMU pretty much "pay for play" type of stuff.

Also, OSU was tats/cash for memoribilia.

USC and Reggie Bush had nothing to do with recruiting, IIRC.

Has the NCAA ever punished a university for something that doesn't affect the actual play on the field?I guess you could argue that Joe Pa and crew wouldn't have been coaching if this hadn't been covered up and therefore it did affect the product on the field. I'm just not sure if the NCAA will get involved here.

This is probably the best argument that can be made...

The only other argument I could offer would be the impact on the field based on recruiting if this had gone public 10 years ago. Though like one poster said it appears to have little if any impact on the 2013 class.

Name one other situation that comes within the same zip code of this on the F'd up scale.

This is uncharted territory.

Didn't Baylor have one basketball player kill another and the coaches helped cover it up or something like that?

There was also a school, I won't name any names, that royally screwed up (at best, covered up at worst) a rape investigation leading to the dismissal of two administrators.

I'd have no problems if the NCAA did punish schools for these types of things as I think they are a worse black eye for college football than a coach sending out too many texts. However, the NCAA has not been in the business of punishing schools for anything other than cheating.

Beyond what others have already mentioned, can you say with a straight face that the Baylor & Bliss sanctions were only due to recruiting violations and such? That the murder of one of the players and subsequent cover-up had nothing to do with it?

But as I've said, after the NCAA decided to fire blanks at OSU, I expect next to nothing from them, regardless.

Latest posts