Interesting Yet Disturbing Post from OSU Board

I don't think the two are even close to the same level. Everything with Baylor ssemed to point to one guy, Bliss. Him and the school were punished for his lone actions. The murder was not a result of his actions, only the incident that shined the light on the other wrongdoings.

This is the absolute definition of lack of institutional control as it appears that it involved almost every aspect of the institution.

If what was said by the PSU poster ends up being even 25% true (I have a harder time believing that nobody knew about it than I do that everybody knew about it), then this will get a lot worse for PSU before it gets better.

It is my opinion and mine alone that some on here are desperately hoping for PSU to get sanctions and they are therefore twisting things up to get to that desired outcome. Just like many want to deface Joe Pa, i/e: the face of PSU football…..and although Joe did not do all he could. People continue for whatever reason I don’t know…..to let the greater Happy Valley, Sandusky family/circle waffle about on the periphery.

I have a theory that it’s because everyone wants to go after “the big†people and the “money†holders, but quite frankly EVERYONE, who ever had any contact with this man and had any reasonable doubt is involved. From the charity organization, to his wife, to his friends, to the PA police who appear to have known something as well…

There is a great deal more going on here than Penn State University from what I’m seeing.

I don't want PSU destroyed. This is one Hawk fan who thinks the league, including Iowa is stronger with a PSU that is scandal-free. That said, Joe-Pa's legacy needs to re-examined, if he is more involved.

I want to know why there are even athletic directors at these institutions. OSU's AD provides cover against violations-he should just get paid from the boosters and bypass the institution all together. PSU's former AD covers up child abuse. Are they necessary? Barta was less useful than Ferentz during the rhabdo problems...in fact, I think he stalled and did not address it until KF got to town. Does UNI need an AD as they cut sports? Overpaid middle management who do not appear to have their salaries cut even while sports are slashed at places like UNI and ISU. And don't get me started on Asst. ADs. I still have no idea what Fred Mims does/has done for 20-ish yrs.

Well I know what he did to me and a few others at a wrestling camp one year for starting an epic water-battle with trash cans leaned up against dormitory doors back in the early 80’s…..:D

With an inherent conflict of interest. His/her primary role is to raise money and the best way to assure making money is to have successful athletic programs. The Duke AD is dependent on their b-ball program, Iowa is dependent on football, etc. So they may be a CEO, but with less control over their enterprise than those they are supposed to supervise. Coach K is Duke athletics as Joe Pa was to PSU. To also require ADs to assure that there is "institutional control" when that will actually be an impediment to cash flow is where the conflict of interest arises...see Gene Smith....see PSU's horrific situation. It is time to re-evaluate the athletic depts of higher education. Put the ADs in the fundraising arm, and outsource the accountability to independent sources.

To assume there is no conflict of interest is burying your head in the sand. I think accountability and fundraising would both improve, and I wouldn't be surprised if it would be cheaper to institutions (so Iowa boys golf, track, baseball may actually last this decade). But, most importantly, we avoid the the CEO/AD who will do anything to protect the brand, including actions that harm others.

Kind of like Toyota did with their recall numbers.....?!?! Every upper management/middle manager worthy of a high wage is trying to protect their brand and yes, if those hired people also lack integrity then you’ll have a conflict of interest. On a much lower level, there isn’t a great deal of integrity or accountability on these message boards either…..why would the board rooms of America or the world reflect any differently?!

So what you're saying is that if a rule isn't completely spelled out in black and white that nothing can be done? That there isn't any room for application of the spirit of a rule into specific circumstances? That there's no room for interpretation and application of a "generic" rule to specific circumstances?

Well heck, if that's the case, why do we have a Supreme Court, or any court of law, for that matter? I mean, if every single law isn't spelled out in black and white, then there's no case, right?

Please tell me you're not that dense and you're just playing devil's advocate or just being contrary for the heck of it!

Interesting you should ask….from my vantage point; they’ve screwed up more rulings of late than they’ve “clearedâ€￾ up!

Check out teh Chadster with the strong finishing kick.
You go, Chad!

I am betting that Sandusky's 'charity' was a cover up for child prostitution ring. I doubt he was the only pervert. I am not saying that any of the other PSU people were involved in it..only the cover up.

I posted this back in November. Might be worth a review again.

All that has been exposed so far is probably only the tip of the proverbial iceberg. I can almost guarantee there has been a lot of covering up for even more powerful people. Hang on boys and girls in Candyland and be prepared for a shock and awe as you have never seen before if this gets fully exposed.

Don’t dismiss this as some wild eyed conspiracy. Do some research into a guy named
John Decamp, who was a Nebraska state senator for 16 years, and his work around the Franklin cover up.

Here is a brief description of his book
The Franklin Cover-up: Child Abuse, Satanism, and Murder in Nebraska:

The shut-down of Omaha, Nebraska's Franklin Community Federal Credit Union, raided by federal agencies in November 1988, sent shock waves all the way to Washington, D.C. $40 million was missing. The credit union's manager: Republican Party activist Lawrence E. "Larry" King, Jr., behind whose rise to fame and riches stood powerful figures in Nebraska politics and business, and in the nation's capital.

In the face of opposition from local and state law enforcement, from the FBI, and from the powerful Omaha World-Herald newspaper, a special Franklin committee of the Nebraska Legislature launched its own probe. What looked like a financial swindle, soon exploded into a hideous tale of drugs, Iran-Contra money-laundering, a nationwide child abuse ring, and ritual murder.

Nineteen months later, the legislative committee's chief investigator died - suddenly, and violently, like more than a dozen other people linked to the Franklin case.

Author
John DeCamp knows the Franklin scandal from the inside. In 1990, his "DeCamp memo" first publicly named the alleged high-ranking abusers. Today, he is attorney for two of the abuse victims.

I posted this back in November. Might be worth a review again.

All that has been exposed so far is probably only the tip of the proverbial iceberg. I can almost guarantee there has been a lot of covering up for even more powerful people. Hang on boys and girls in Candyland and be prepared for a shock and awe as you have never seen before if this gets fully exposed.

Don’t dismiss this as some wild eyed conspiracy. Do some research into a guy named John Decamp, who was a Nebraska state senator for 16 years, and his work around the Franklin cover up.

Here is a brief description of his book The Franklin Cover-up: Child Abuse, Satanism, and Murder in Nebraska:

The shut-down of Omaha, Nebraska's Franklin Community Federal Credit Union, raided by federal agencies in November 1988, sent shock waves all the way to Washington, D.C. $40 million was missing. The credit union's manager: Republican Party activist Lawrence E. "Larry" King, Jr., behind whose rise to fame and riches stood powerful figures in Nebraska politics and business, and in the nation's capital.

In the face of opposition from local and state law enforcement, from the FBI, and from the powerful Omaha World-Herald newspaper, a special Franklin committee of the Nebraska Legislature launched its own probe. What looked like a financial swindle, soon exploded into a hideous tale of drugs, Iran-Contra money-laundering, a nationwide child abuse ring, and ritual murder.

Nineteen months later, the legislative committee's chief investigator died - suddenly, and violently, like more than a dozen other people linked to the Franklin case.

Author John DeCamp knows the Franklin scandal from the inside. In 1990, his "DeCamp memo" first publicly named the alleged high-ranking abusers. Today, he is attorney for two of the abuse victims.

That’s sad, scary, sick and maybe even plausible……I did a little research sometime back and was shocked to find out the level of depravity still present in the world today. Slave trading, human trafficking, sexual bondage, sacrifices, you name it….the movies Taken and 8mm are not fiction, that’s a real world and much seedier than anyone can truly imagine.

Child trafficking being the sickest of it all…..

The credit union's manager: Republican Party activist Lawrence E. "Larry" King, Jr., behind whose rise to fame and riches stood powerful figures in Nebraska politics and business, and in the nation's capital.

"OMAHA NEBRASKA, HELLO!"

Anyhoo... I know nothing about the Nebraska case, but it's always seemed odd that the investigator of the 1998 Sandusky incident went missing and presumed dead. Although it's worth remember that there are plenty of other criminals who aren't big fans of their prosecutors: Former Penn State Coach Prosecutor Center of Penn Missing Man Mystery - ABC News

"OMAHA NEBRASKA, HELLO!"

Anyhoo... I know nothing about the Nebraska case, but it's always seemed odd that the investigator of the 1998 Sandusky incident went missing and presumed dead. Although it's worth remember that there are plenty of other criminals who aren't big fans of their prosecutors: Former Penn State Coach Prosecutor Center of Penn Missing Man Mystery - ABC News

It wasn't the investigator, it was the prosecutor. And he was also involved in several mob and drug cases.

That’s sad, scary, sick and maybe even plausible……I did a little research sometime back and was shocked to find out the level of depravity still present in the world today. Slave trading, human trafficking, sexual bondage, sacrifices, you name it….the movies Taken and 8mm are not fiction, that’s a real world and much seedier than anyone can truly imagine.

Child trafficking being the sickest of it all…..

Actually they both are fiction. Believe it or not, Taken is not a documentary about Liam Neeson's search for his kidnapped daughter.

Actually they both are fiction. Believe it or not, Taken is not a documentary about Liam Neeson's search for his kidnapped daughter.

22671917.jpg

I think we all suspected this, anyway. What's sad is that our "worst" fears were NOT groundless. What a sad ending to the Paterno "legacy". Just confirms the oft-thought idea that one CAN stay around for too long.

Frankly, this makes the Hayden Frys of the coaching world almsot an afterthought. How sad that "all" one can say about Hayden is that his last team went 3-8 and it turned out he was dealing with cancer. Lost is the fact he started the integration of the old Southwest Conference and that he broke the O$U/Michigan stranglehold on the "old" Big 10.

The NCAA won't be getting involved in this. But things are a long ways from over for Penn State, the university. Which is all I took from the other board's poster; he never suggested any NCAA repercussions were forthcoming.

Frankly, this makes the Hayden Frys of the coaching world almsot an afterthought. How sad that "all" one can say about Hayden is that his last team went 3-8 and it turned out he was dealing with cancer. Lost is the fact he started the integration of the old Southwest Conference and that he broke the O$U/Michigan stranglehold on the "old" Big 10.

What?

Latest posts