Interesting Tidbit on the ISU Sound System Issue

I also heard that the water in the locker room showers wasn't very hot and the thread count on the Ames' hotel sheets wasn't very high. It clearly made a difference.

Been to both games at JTS so far this year. Sound System kicks *** but definitely needs to be wrangled in. I will say this. I sat at field level for UNI game, and moved all over the place for game with you guys, and it is much louder in the upper deck. I don't know a ton about sound, but I'm wondering if being on the same level of the speakers has something to do with it?
I mentioned to the guys beside me at both games that I thought the sound guy was pushing the envelope as far as letting music play until shortly before the snap, but I have to think if it was that big of deal and was having an obvious effect on the communication, KF would have been all over the officials about it, and we would have been flagged. I didn't notice KF too upset with anything with officials and I have to think this issue isn't something that is too subjective and would be an easy call for an official to make.
Again, this thing needs to be fixed though. Too loud. Ears nearly bleeding loud. All you get from the Ref's mic is feedback because it is so loud.

Dear hawkdrummer1,

this whinning over a sound system is pathetic. it makes the hawks look lower than the cyclones. We must get over the butt hurt and move on.

Love,

Your bff plant.
----------------------------------
Try reading with your mind, instead of your emotions or imagination.

I've been around NCAA football for years, and have sat in on a number of meetings where rules and appropriate execution of related gameday activities were reviewed. I was simply sharing what I know to be true...not whining, or claiming that it cost Iowa that game. (those things took place only in your imagination)

I don't need some smarmy internet punk telling me what I should do. Worry about yourself son.

Last edited:
Been to both games at JTS so far this year. Sound System kicks *** but definitely needs to be wrangled in. I will say this. I sat at field level for UNI game, and moved all over the place for game with you guys, and it is much louder in the upper deck. I don't know a ton about sound, but I'm wondering if being on the same level of the speakers has something to do with it?
I mentioned to the guys beside me at both games that I thought the sound guy was pushing the envelope as far as letting music play until shortly before the snap, but I have to think if it was that big of deal and was having an obvious effect on the communication, KF would have been all over the officials about it, and we would have been flagged. I didn't notice KF too upset with anything with officials and I have to think this issue isn't something that is too subjective and would be an easy call for an official to make.
Again, this thing needs to be fixed though. Too loud. Ears nearly bleeding loud. All you get from the Ref's mic is feedback because it is so loud.

Actually it sounds like ****.

Bastages. First the "It's a Hawkeye State" billboard off the CR/IC interstate, now the radio. I hate them big time.

----------------------------------
Try reading with your mind, instead of your emotions or imagination.

I've been around NCAA football for years, and have sat in on a number of meetings where rules and appropriate execution of related gameday activities were reviewed. I was simply sharing what I know to be true...not whining, or claiming that it cost Iowa that game. (those things took place only in your imagination)

I don't need some smarmy internet punk telling me what I should do. Worry about yourself son.

then strap a pair on and quit whining like a b1tch.

I did notice the music quite a few times during the broadcast. Many instances played right up until Iowa snapped the ball ... Doesn't change anything ... But interesting they chose to do that ... Wonder if they did the same thing against UNI, or if they will do the same thing for other visiting opponents.

I also heard that the water in the locker room showers wasn't very hot and the thread count on the Ames' hotel sheets wasn't very high. It clearly made a difference.

Serious question for you ... What brings you to the Iowa message boards so often? Stir things up? Get in your two cents? Or take threads from this site and over to your home and say "Ha, look at what Hawk fans are saying now?" ... If you are truly an ISU fan then why spend so much time worrying about what Iowa fans are saying? I don't get it. I could care less what Cyclone fans are saying over on their message boards.

Serious question for you ... What brings you to the Iowa message boards so often? Stir things up? Get in your two cents? Or take threads from this site and over to your home and say "Ha, look at what Hawk fans are saying now?" ... If you are truly an ISU fan then why spend so much time worrying about what Iowa fans are saying? I don't get it. I could care less what Cyclone fans are saying over on their message boards.

I'm really not here that much. I actually came here for the awesome beer thread and throw my two cents in occasionally, mostly about MBB. I've followed Iowa athletics for nearly 30 years, and enjoy talking about it. Generally I try to keep any ribbing lighthearted and not mean... I enjoy respectful banter between the fanbases.

Keeps things interesting around here, doesn't it? But there are always xenophobes to deal with.