Interesting Tidbit on the ISU Sound System Issue

Sounds like an antic that used to be employed at the Gopherdome quite frequently when the Hawks were in the huddle and under center.

Next game in Ames I guess we'll just have to carry out the goalpost.

Re: Not calling you a liar..

nor did intend to, apologies if it came off that way.

I didn't think it was much of a comparison between the Iowa band and the sound system, but if it was up to me as soon as the offense gets IN the huddle the music (whether from a band or scoreboard) should cease. Realize not everyone shares my opinion.

I'm with you there. If you need artifical noise to help you, then you're in trouble anyway. ISU doesn't need the extra noise (not that it's legal anyway) and that's why I don't understand why they do it. Hopefully, it goes away from this point forth.

Your TV must suck. It came through loud and clear on mine. Whenever Iowa went under center clones were blaring that stupid siren. Yes they stopped as soon as the ball was snapped, but that is too late.

Extremely classless and poor sportsmanship on their part.
I heard it loud and clear on mine as well. This has torqued me off for several years. I refuse to go to that soviet looking high school stadium partially because of this.

The above posters that don't think this effects the game clearly don't understand the importance of an audible.

I was pretty much done with this subject and about to call it dead when I read an excerpt from an email communication between a poster on HR and Gary Barta. The poster sent Barta an email asking him about the rules of playing loud background music while the other team is on offense. Here is a blurb that seems interesting from Barta's response:

"We don’t play music over the visiting teams play calling. It is against the rules to play artificial noise once the team goes under center. We asked that it be addressed...but didn’t get cooperation."

Sounds like somebody at Iowa brought this issue to ISU's attention and ISU basically told them to F off.

Can you post the full conversation?

I have also emailed barta about this but he never responded. I think it should be a condition of us playing them. We hold all the cards, so why do we let them pull this crap?

It's not legal. Even the band can't play during live action.

The above posters that don't think this effects the game clearly don't understand the importance of an audible.[/quote]

Or the "home field advantage".

But it's ISU what do you expect? To paraphrase Forest Gump, "Bushleague is...as bushleague does".

Last edited:
I was pretty much done with this subject and about to call it dead when I read an excerpt from an email communication between a poster on HR and Gary Barta. The poster sent Barta an email asking him about the rules of playing loud background music while the other team is on offense. Here is a blurb that seems interesting from Barta's response:

"We don’t play music over the visiting teams play calling. It is against the rules to play artificial noise once the team goes under center. We asked that it be addressed...but didn’t get cooperation."

Sounds like somebody at Iowa brought this issue to ISU's attention and ISU basically told them to F off.
hahaha just like the reason we lost in basketball was because Christopherson "slashed" his throat at our players!! Damn thugs!!

Some of you need to stop fooling yourselves.

There is NO COMPARISON to the volume of the band playing versus the noise being piped out of the sound system at ISU.

The band is 1/3 as loud.....not nearly as disrupting.

What ISU is doing is against the rules.

It seems that you guys are now in the next stage of grieving over your loss. You are now trying to blame the sound system? Give me a break. You are probably the worst fans at accepting a loss. It was the refs, the weather, ISU's super bowl, hurt players, yada yada and now the sound system being too loud? Luckily your team and coaches are focusing on the next game rather than whining about a sound system from a past game.

It seems that you guys are now in the next stage of grieving over your loss. You are now trying to blame the sound system? Give me a break. You are probably the worst fans at accepting a loss. It was the refs, the weather, ISU's super bowl, hurt players, yada yada and now the sound system being too loud? Luckily your team and coaches are focusing on the next game rather than whining about a sound system from a past game.

You're right. We aren't as used to it as you are.

Have any tips for us?

:D:D:D

Are you really that stupid to say it had no effect....you are a complete moron.

Latest posts