Inside Look: D.J. Carton's Coaches Discuss PG's Game, Recruitment

I've seen the kid play in person. Several times.
He actually dunked that fairly easily. I'd say he's got closer to a 38 or 40" vertical.
And watching him carry the ball, rather than actually dribble it, doesn't do much to impress me.
If you want to impress us, show us a video clip of Tyreke playing defense. Now THAT would be impressive.
Locure led 4A in assists & steals as a freaking freshman. He currently leads 4A in steals with 4.28 a game and is averaging 6.42 assists so far this year.
Are you just trying to be difficult?

I said it's going to be a problem for him. That doesn't mean I'm not willing to live with it. I'd much rather have a PG that can drive/dish and break down defenders, than a PG that shoots well but can't do the other things.
Agreed. I think a guard like Carton can really compliment the other players that Fran has brought in.

As for Locure, I do see the potential that TK and others see, but I also understand that these college coaches have been evaluating players for many years and know what they are doing.

Locure led 4A in assists & steals as a freaking freshman. He currently leads 4A in steals with 4.28 a game and is averaging 6.42 assists so far this year.
Again you are preaching to people on a message board, while the coaches who are getting paid millions to do this are not pursuing this kid. What gives?

I just want to see the video and yes, I'm trying to be difficult.

Agreed. I think a guard like Carton can really compliment the other players that Fran has brought in.

As for Locure, I do see the potential that TK and others see, but I also understand that these college coaches have been evaluating players for many years and know what they are doing.
I don't think Fran will sign DJ. He better have a back up plan. And a back up to the back up plan.

I agree. I guess Terry is the back up plan as of now and I don't think he's better than either Carton or Locure.
I don't have the interest to follow the program that closely, under Fran, any longer. He's not going to lead us anywhere but 2nd round losses. He's Tom Davis light.

I agree. I guess Terry is the back up plan as of now and I don't think he's better than either Carton or Locure.

Terry is a top 100 kid with P5 offers. Locure isn't even in the top 250 right now and only has offers from Drake and North Dakota.

Terry is a top 100 kid with P5 offers. Locure isn't even in the top 250 right now and only has offers from Drake and North Dakota.
I know you think high school basketball doesn't matter, but Locure is obviously better.

Terry plays in 3A:
Avg: 14.6pts, 3.4 rbds, 1.8 steals, .2 blocks, 7.2 assists, 3.4 turnovers
Avg: FG 43.1%, 3PT 33.3%, FT 84.2%

Locure plays in 4A
Avg: 27.7pts, 5.6 rbds, 4.28 steals, 6.42 assists, 3.57 turnovers
Avg: FG 44.9%, 3PT 38.8%, FT 76.8%

I know you think high school basketball doesn't matter, but Locure is obviously better.

Terry plays in 3A:
Avg: 14.6pts, 3.4 rbds, 1.8 steals, .2 blocks, 7.2 assists, 3.4 turnovers
Avg: FG 43.1%, 3PT 33.3%, FT 84.2%

Locure plays in 4A
Avg: 27.7pts, 5.6 rbds, 4.28 steals, 6.42 assists, 3.57 turnovers
Avg: FG 44.9%, 3PT 38.8%, FT 76.8%

What was Harrison Barnes stats in high school? I thought he only averaged like 16 points per game as a junior. Also I pointed out McKowen scored way more points than other small school kids that ended up being much better than him. I'm guessing weren't happy when we signed Moss and Cook because of their high school stats too?

Last edited:
What was Harrison Barnes stats in high school? I thought he only averaged like 16 points per game as a junior. Also I pointed out McKowen scored way more points than other small school kids that ended up being much better than him. I'm guessing weren't happy when we signed Moss and Cook because of their high school stats too?
Was that the guy that played in 1A? If Locure played in 1A, you wouldn't hear a peep from me about him.

Last edited:
Was that the guy that played in 1A?

McKowen played small school ball and still outscored Raef Lafrentz by 700+ points who played small school ball and was a McDonald's All American. Makes you wonder how McKowen wasn't a McDonald's All American too! Back to Terry he has a senior on his team that is going to Minnesota too if you want to figure that in. I'll ask this again, why are schools not offering him but they're offering Terry if Locure is obviously better? Don't worry I don't expect an answer since your size thing already failed haha.

McKowen played small school ball and still outscored Raef Lafrentz by 700+ points who played small school ball and was a McDonald's All American. Makes you wonder how McKowen wasn't a McDonald's All American too! Back to Terry he has a senior on his team that is going to Minnesota too if you want to figure that in. I'll ask this again, why are schools not offering him but they're offering Terry if Locure is obviously better? Don't worry I don't expect an answer since your size thing already failed haha.
You're not making any sense.

If Locure is obviously better than Terry why is Terry a top 100 kid with P5 offers and Locure is unranked and only has offers from Drake and North Dakota?
Troy Skinner had P5 offers as well. Coaches get it wrong. Do you ever make your own judgments on recruits or do you always rely on someone else's opinion?

Latest posts