Inside Look: D.J. Carton's Coaches Discuss PG's Game, Recruitment

White was a great garbage man who hit a few 3's his last year. Jok wanted nothing more than to be a Clone, but couldn't bc Hoiberg and lefty F'd that one up (fell into Fran's lap).

Pretty telling that you're using Gesell as a recruiting accomplishment for Fran. Couldn't shoot, couldn't break down a D, horrible FT shooter (which is beyond puzzling for a PG) and i shouldn't have to remind you of him in late game situations.

Our current pg couldn't keep me in front of him right now. He's a great shooter, but who cares if you're a defensive liability against every single team you play.

sheagle, re: MG, specifically, the entire Iowa fanbase would have revolted against Fran if he had NOT signed MG. And, when Fran succeeded, we were all happy as shit during his FR season because we all saw the potential. Well, MG didn't reach the potential we all thought he had. But, it was tough for Fran to recruit a pg, particularly, since we also had Sapp on the team who was the backup pg. so a bit of revisionist history, there. Fran did exactly what the fans wanted, then gets criticized for it.

Of course I never said he was good....

I said decent, as in average.

Fran’s recruiting of PG’s has not been a success, I fully agree with that. I hope it improves.

With that said when people come on hear spewing baseless negative posts I will call them on it. You can’t downplay Fran’s successes for no reason other than to be negative.

If people want to have a reasonable discussion on Fran’s shortcomings I’m all for it.

I agree. I try to not make a statement unless i can provide some sort of corroboration. Hey, i'm right sometimes and i'm wrong sometimes. but at least i am trying to "discuss" and not just "diss".

Like I said before, his minutes were down when he did play because he wasn't able to make it to most of the games. When he did play, he played well. It's too bad they didn't track minutes played, because I'm sure his points per minute were just fine. I hope he's able to make most of their games the next go around, cuz he might be doing himself a disservice if not...
Any reason he chose to play with a Kansas AAU team seems rather silly to do so if it's gonna be a team that you can't consistently play for. His assists were what I was looking for as a pg. Not overly impressive.

After seeing the mixtape I see a kid that is basically bored with the competition. I'm sure the streetball part of his game is a turn off for a lot of coaches. I see a lot of carry calls being made against him at the D1 level. That being said, there is a ton of raw talent there. Quickness will not be a problem. His leaping ability will allow him to play defense against any point he plays, Scratching my head why we wouldn't offer a kid with this much talent in our own backyard. His passing is spectacular, the defense can be taught, I'm wondering if it's his coachability that's at issue.

Locures grades and character?
Not questioning, but asking.
Two big factors to get an offer under FM besides basketball skill.

Latest posts