IA State tough draw

Little brother syndrome
Your probably right about that coming from some people. And others could be the dreaded I root for all Iowa schools if they aren't playing Iowa fans. I'll never understand that line of thinking. I'm not a big fan of the fair weather fans.

I like all the Iowa schools and want all of them to win in the tournament, I even like Creighton, always have, they are just across the bridge from Council Bluffs, and always have players from the Hawkeye State.....

Basketball World will be stunned by the shocking upsets over Kentucky and North Carolina by both Iowa State and Creighton.....

You can root for ISU, that's not being a fair weather fan. I grew up in Iowa, went to UI, had friends at ISU and many great times visiting them in Ames. I never want the Hawks to lose to them but nice to have an Iowa team in the dance. Hopefully next year it's 2 or more.

You can root for ISU, that's not being a fair weather fan. I grew up in Iowa, went to UI, had friends at ISU and many great times visiting them in Ames. I never want the Hawks to lose to them but nice to have an Iowa team in the dance. Hopefully next year it's 2 or more.
There you have it.....

:)

You don't hear Alabama or Auburn fans, or UNC, Duke fans rooting for the other to do well. I don't get why so many people like seeing ISU do well. It's a rivalry!

What it says about us is that we are NOT as passionate about our program as others. Our fan base is split. Those fan bases in AL and NC might have a splinter here or there. But you sure won't hear them say they wish the other well or even care about what they are doing unless its just strait up recruiting battles. (I'm sure they go after the same kids alot of the time.) Obviously that isn't even the case with Iowa and ISU so much. Alot less often anyway.

Who give a flying **** about Alabama or Auburn, or North Carolina or Duke.....
Well unless your happy about being in the middle of the pack or towards the bottom. Then those schools rivalries and success should be what we are striving for. Their rivalries are as big as they get. If your happy in mediocrity sucks to be you. But I sure don't and I wish our fan base didn't either

Who has the stats on AL/AUB and NC/Duke not rooting for each other? I understand FB in AL and BB in NC - - the quality of those programs and history create a level of rivalry very few even get close to. Definitely not apple to apple comparison.

Well unless your happy about being in the middle of the pack or towards the bottom. Then those schools rivalries and success should be what we are striving for. Their rivalries are as big as they get. If your happy in mediocrity sucks to be you. But I sure don't and I wish our fan base didn't either
Again who, besides you, gives a Flying **** about Alabama or Auburn, or North Carolina or Duke.....

Again who, besides you, gives a Flying **** about Alabama or Auburn, or North Carolina or Duke.....
Do you not understand what a comparison even is? I never said I cared about them. What I'm trying to get through to you is this. And I'll spell this out in as plain of 5th grade level reading as I can. Those rivalries in AL and NC respectively are true rivalries. Their fan bases don't root for one anothers. They don't even pretend to like the others. So when I see on HAWKEYE NATION message boards that Iowa fans are openly caring about and rooting for ISU in the NCAA tourny I don't like it. So I'm pointing out that fact and I wish Hawk fans would quit doing so.

Do you not understand what a comparison even is? I never said I cared about them. What I'm trying to get through to you is this. And I'll spell this out in as plain of 5th grade level reading as I can. Those rivalries in AL and NC respectively are true rivalries. Their fan bases don't root for one anothers. They don't even pretend to like the others. So when I see on HAWKEYE NATION message boards that Iowa fans are openly caring about and rooting for ISU in the NCAA tourny I don't like it. So I'm pointing out that fact and I wish Hawk fans would quit doing so.
Again who really cares about the comparison between North Carolina and Duke or the comparison between Auburn or Alabama.....

Glad you can find things to occupy your mind.....

Good for you.....

Latest posts