IA State tough draw

What is with everyone saying 'salty'? The only time I had ever heard this term is on Sound Off the last couple years with Jon. He would always say ...'they're a pretty salty bunch'. Whatever that's supposed to mean. Are people trying to suck up to Jon? Salty is a description of food, not defenses/sports teams.

You must not pay attention to sports very much. Salty is a common adjective used to describe teams that are tough, experienced, do the dirty work, etc.

What is with everyone saying 'salty'? The only time I had ever heard this term is on Sound Off the last couple years with Jon. He would always say ...'they're a pretty salty bunch'. Whatever that's supposed to mean. Are people trying to suck up to Jon? Salty is a description of food, not defenses/sports teams.

It's been used for years...decades...to describe good teams. You missed the memo.

IMO, ISU got the toughest #9 in the tourney, maybe even the toughest team in all of the 8/9 matchups. Calhoun knows how to win this time of year, evidenced last year, and Drummond, if put on White, can nullify White's presence underneath with no need for help. Lamb and Napier will be very tough for ISU to guard, and then Boatright #9 PG in the country last year, has been playing very well down the stretch on top of it. Tough tough draw, ISU is going to have to be on from 3 to win this one.

Agree 100%.

And don't forget Oriakhi - he's a horse down low as well.

The tough part of the selection process... if you get an easy first round game you fear the upset. I'd almost rather have this, if you lose everybody understands. That 2nd game would be a ***** though if they get past the first one. I haven't see uConn all year so I have no idea what they will be up against.

This.

Losing to UCONN is not a bad thing, beating UCONN is a great thing.

No matter if they are seceded hire, losing to a school out of the Colonial, or even the Missouri Valley does a "BCS" conference program no good.

To me this is a win/win for ISU.. This game is going to be on at prime time and not during the day, it will get lots of exposure.

This.

Losing to UCONN is not a bad thing, beating UCONN is a great thing.

No matter if they are seceded hire, losing to a school out of the Colonial, or even the Missouri Valley does a "BCS" conference program no good.

To me this is a win/win for ISU.. This game is going to be on at prime time and not during the day, it will get lots of exposure.

So the "we're just happy to be in the tourney" theory?

Sorry, I have a lot of ISU friends and all want to beat UCONN to make a statement. And all will be disappointed in a first round exit.

I don't get the "well, we may lose but at least it will be in primetime and get lots of exposure" frame of mind. If you win, the exposure is great. If you lose? Yeah, not so much.

So the "we're just happy to be in the tourney" theory?

Sorry, I have a lot of ISU friends and all want to beat UCONN to make a statement. And all will be disappointed in a first round exit.

I don't get the "well, we may lose but at least it will be in primetime and get lots of exposure" frame of mind. If you win, the exposure is great. If you lose? Yeah, not so much.

Agree. If ISU loses, nobody in the entire country will care unless they are an ISU fan, had money on the game, or picked them on their brackets. ISU will be forgotten by Friday morning.

Latest posts