I don't really get it.

Purdue has played 5 ranked teams in conference play (4 if you choose not to include Illinois). They kept their games against Michigan and Ohio State within reason. Michigan was a dogfight until the final 6 minutes, when the Wolverines went on a 15-5 run to close it out. And that was on the road.

Purdue certainly is an ugly team to watch. But they're better than what they showed in the non-conference, and they are still not a team to take lightly when the game is in their building.

As I agree with you, but still I am waiting for you to say something positive about Iowa, just once.

I've said multiple times that I think Iowa will be good in the future. What else positive would you want me to say? I just don't understand why people think we are good now. There's a difference between being better than we used to be and being good.

I've said multiple times that I think Iowa will be good in the future. What else positive would you want me to say? I just don't understand why people think we are good now. There's a difference between being better than we used to be and being good.

I agree, you have a good point. But you never seem to have anything good to say. You wonder why people call you a troll.

I think the whole "good now" thing stems from last season and ending on a decent high note and of course the good recruiting class last season. Plus you throw in the horrible football season, I think people went over the top for this basketball season.

I think you are right, they will be better in the future. Right now this team really needs a true #1 go to guy. Clearly Marble isn't that guy because he is too inconsistent. Same with White if he isn't getting calls and getting to the line.

I agree, you have a good point. But you never seem to have anything good to say. You wonder why people call you a troll.

I think the whole "good now" thing stems from last season and ending on a decent high note and of course the good recruiting class last season. Plus you throw in the horrible football season, I think people went over the top for this basketball season.

I think you are right, they will be better in the future. Right now this team really needs a true #1 go to guy. Clearly Marble isn't that guy because he is too inconsistent. Same with White if he isn't getting calls and getting to the line.

I agree with you 100%. I just have a hard time celebrating mediocrity because we don't suck as bad as we used to when I make fun of Cyclone fans for doing the same with their football program.

He's a UNI fan, why would he say anything good about Iowa? He's still mad about the whoopin' we put on his Panthers in DSM.

I agree with you 100%. I just have a hard time celebrating mediocrity because we don't suck as bad as we used to when I make fun of Cyclone fans for doing the same with their football program.

I think people be celebrating the continued growth. ISU seems to be treading water right now in football. That is how I see it. I think the basketball team right now is in a better position than last year. Maybe not in wins and loses but how they win and lose games. No moral victories, not saying that but they have been in games this year that they shouldn't because of horrible shooting but they keep up their good defense and it allows them to stay in games that last year they would have been blown out. This year Iowa has had one blow out loss. To me that is something to celebrate.

I think people be celebrating the continued growth. ISU seems to be treading water right now in football. That is how I see it. I think the basketball team right now is in a better position than last year. Maybe not in wins and loses but how they win and lose games. No moral victories, not saying that but they have been in games this year that they shouldn't because of horrible shooting but they keep up their good defense and it allows them to stay in games that last year they would have been blown out. This year Iowa has had one blow out loss. To me that is something to celebrate.

Well we've had two blow out losses...

The margin was 12 points different.

I say losing by 16 would classify as a blow out but that's just my opinion. Just wasn't sure where he was going with the I only consider the Michigan game a blow out, V-tech maybe but at the time V-tech was undefeated. What does Va Tech being undefeated 6 games into the season have to do with whether or not it was considered a blow out?

So would it be right to say that Sagarin/Pomeroy are predicting that Iowa's RPI will be in the high 30's when the season is over?

Not exactly, but your thought process is right.
They won't be the same, but they will get closer to each other as we near season's end.

All the rankings use different logic behind them to come up with where they rank each team.

Not exactly, but your thought process is right.
They won't be the same, but they will get closer to each other as we near season's end.

All the rankings use different logic behind them to come up with where they rank each team.

Actually our RPI is 87th right now and we're projected to finish worse than that as the season is over

Actually our RPI is 87th right now and we're projected to finish worse than that as the season is over

You're as assuming (badly) that Sag/KenPom won't increase should Iowa continue losing.
As a whole (not particular to Iowa in this case) - the rankings generally start getting closer to each other as the season comes to an end. I've dealt with this stuff for a long, long time - I know what I am talking about.

You're evidence is off of one site. Pomeroy/Sagarin are proven tools that are used by head coaches and BB analysts across the nation.

Latest posts