I don't really get it.

I think I have come to the conclusion that some people may not have watched a whole lot of high level basketball. Sometimes a team just rolls out and shoots lights out and can't be caught. Some teams are good enough to do this with some regularity.

But mostly better teams hang around with a moderate lead or within striking distance and lock things down to win at the end of games. It is a long season and players know it.

There are some really nice pieces on this Iowa squad. But they are the types of pieces that will take some time to develop to beat some of the better teams.

Just like I was saying, playing right to ******.

Wonder if people "get it" it now?

"Get it"?

I'm still ticked that Iowa blew all those games late.. Today's game doesn't change that. Win even half of those games they blew, and they are in great shape for a bid, instead of still being a longshot to make the tournament.

That said, I'm happy with today's win and with the way the team is playing right now.

Ok we'll revisit Iowa's RPI...you say you could see it climbing to inside 50 by the season's end...I'll even spot ya 10 spots and give it to you if they get it under 60

Looks like PantherMania could win this.

Iowa sitting at 89 right now.
30 spots with a minimum of 5 games left? Could be tough, really tough. Almost impossible.

Looks like I was wrong. Then again, didn't expect Iowa to lose to Neb either.

... DM makes some good points. I am not necessarily disappointed with the record and think McCaffrey and his staff have done some nice coaching, especially on the defensive end...

Iowa's offense is DOA. For Iowa to win more games, the defense has to be better than it is now, by either creating turnovers into Iowa baskets, or forcing the opponent to score less.
Yeah, Iowa has 'locked down' their bad transition defense. That's only because there aren't many teams in the plodding B1G who run all that much.

Last edited:
Iowa's offense is DOA. For Iowa to win more games, the defense has to be better than it is now, by either creating turnovers into Iowa baskets, or forcing the opponent to score less.
Yeah, Iowa has 'locked down' their bad transition defense. That's only because there aren't many teams in the plodding B1G who run all that much.

Um, okay

Latest posts