I don't really get it.

If you would have told me that at this time we'd be sitting at 87th in the RPI I would not have been happy. Can't blame it on the schedule either. Our SOS to date is 98th and the hard part of our schedule is over. Every team has games they could have won not just us

What about 37th in Pomeroy or 39th Sagarin?
That's where Iowa is right now, I'd take that.

What about 37th in Pomeroy or 39th Sagarin?
That's where Iowa is right now, I'd take that.

Spank, I asked this in another thread and you never answered.

What is there such a difference in the rankings in RPI and Pomeory/Sagarin?

Does Pomeroy/Sagarin predict how the season will turn out and RPI only takes into account the games that have already been played or what?

Please explain.

Let's not forget, Iowa is two years removed from an 11 win season and three years removed from a 10 win season.
Iowa is 7 wins away this year from equaling the total wins of Lickliter's last season and Fran's first season combined.

No one has to accept the results, but most should expect.
Acceptance and expectation are two wholly different beasts - I think this is where we are having a semantic argument.

Spank, I asked this in another thread and you never answered.

What is there such a difference in the rankings in RPI and Pomeory/Sagarin?

Does Pomeroy/Sagarin predict how the season will turn out and RPI only takes into account the games that have already been played or what?

Please explain.

Sorry, missed that.
Pomeroy/Sagarin are predictors (Sag uses the ELO + Predictor), RPI is a "what have you done"

This thread:
spiritual-going-in-circles11.jpg

And here I thought I was the only one who posted / said stuff I'd probably later regret because generally I type / speak before I think. :rolleyes:

I honestly did believe we would beat MSU. Indiana was just kind of a hunch/hope. Purdue is better than I thought they'd be.

Purdue is horrible, no excuses for Iowa to lose that game.

He didnt say there were good, he said they were better than he thought they would be.

Its damn hard to win on the road in the B1G against any team with a pulse. Purdue at least has a pulse.

He didnt say there were good, he said they were better than he thought they would be.

Its damn hard to win on the road in the B1G against any team with a pulse. Purdue at least has a pulse.

Why? Because they beat Illinois back when they were ranked? Purdue has had an easy conference schedule so far, it almost mirrors Iowa end schedule. As aweful they have looked the past 4 games it would not be surprise me if Penn State beat them tonight.

Iowa has basically won the games it was expected to win and lost the games it was expected to lose. If they continue to do so for the rest of the season they will be pretty much right where everyone expected them to be going into the B10 Tournament.

It seemed the consensus was that they were going to have to win a couple of games in the B10 Tournament to get into the dance. Well, to do so, they will have to beat one of these teams they were not expected to beat, which will give them that marquee victory right after a nice final run at the end of the conference season.

I just don't quite understand how things are different now than what was expected before the season.

Pre-season "let's look at the games on paper" is fine....right up until game time.
The reality is, once the games begin, you can toss the "what if" in the garbage.
The reality is, we should not have lost the MSU, Purdue and Minney games.

Yes, the fan base has a right to be disappointed with those three losses. Without a doubt.

I am.

Why? Because they beat Illinois back when they were ranked? Purdue has had an easy conference schedule so far, it almost mirrors Iowa end schedule. As aweful they have looked the past 4 games it would not be surprise me if Penn State beat them tonight.

PSU will not beat them. I think PSU is looking at an 0fer this year in teh B1G.

I did not say PSU will beat them, I said it would not surprise me. If Purdue plays like they did at Northwestern anything is possible.

Latest posts