How much longer does Fran get?

I'm in a great marriage,,,and generally a happy guy. But, I can't watch Iowa Basketball anymore....haven't in many years....already know the outcome before every season starts. Nice "regular" season here and there...but the Post Season is already scripted out in advance with 100% certainty. So why waste my time. At least with Iowa Football, I can at least be duped here and there.

I'm in a great marriage,,,and generally a happy guy. But, I can't watch Iowa Basketball anymore....haven't in many years....already know the outcome before every season starts. Nice "regular" season here and there...but the Post Season is already scripted out in advance with 100% certainty. So why waste my time. At least with Iowa Football, I can at least be duped here and there.

Then why even be on a Hawkeye basketball forum?

It gets to the question of what people think is an acceptable level of play before a "rebuilding" season happens. A fair number of Iowa fans are not happy with tanking the last 1/3 of the season and getting smoked in the post season games. And I'm right there with them. Getting destroyed in the round of 32 is no high water mark for a good program, in my opinion. Not good enough for me to want to keep that coach in year 8. But most of the posters here were the same ilk that wanted to keep Tom Davis for the rest of his life and that was pretty much the expectations for the past 10 years of his career here (1 sweet 16 at the end not withstanding).
I personally like the guy but his recruiting and in game coaching is too limited to get us anywhere in the post season. I'd cut him loose.

and go where? get who?

When they are good in the next couple of years I will save a seat on the bandwagon for you.:)

When they are good in the next couple of years I will save a seat on the bandwagon for you.:)

They were in the top 5 last year and were projected at a 1 seed for awhile. If he wasn't enjoying it then, it won't matter how good we are. Also since he didn't enjoy the sweet 16 run Davis last year, it means even if we go undefeated in the regular season and make the sweet 16, he still won't enjoy that season unless we get further. That's a lot of winning to not enjoy.

article-2196416-14C357C6000005DC-754_468x504.jpg
[/Q

:cool:

Last edited:
For comparison sake, I looked up Fran's record versus Ferentz'.
(iowa games only)I threw out the first two years for both coaches while they were rebuilding.
Fran has won about 57% of big ten games and about 61% all games.
Ferentz has won about 61% of both big ten and all games.

You can't really say one should be fired but not the other.
Go back and compare Fran's record with Lute's and then let's talk.

You sound like a candidate for Hawkeye Fan of the Year with that post.

Go back and compare Fran's record with Lute's and then let's talk.
I should have been more clear in my post. My point is that some people on this board seem fine with Fran but are critical of Ferentz, yet they have virtually the same winning percentage over an extended period of time.

Latest posts