How much longer does Fran get?

So it sounds like Maryland got warned for a delay of game in the first half and did it again and the refs should have given a technical. That is why Fran was so mad I guess.

I'm really trying to figure this out. Were people expecting this team to win 25 games this year. Are people mad because this is a rebuilding year or just mad because we didn't recruit a 4 or 5 star point guard. I look at the game threads and there's posters who seem to be happy when we're not playing well. I look around the country and it seems like all the top coaches are working the refs all game long. I much prefer Fran's fire to a passive coach like Lick who buried his head in his hands. If Fran was fired do you really see Barta going after a big name coach. Never going to happen.

Tired of hearing about how "Young" we are...maybe it would matter if these "Young" players had the athletic talent to take you to the next level in the years to come...but they don't. Fran has had more than enough time to take us AT LEAST to the Sweet 16, but we are still losing to marginally talented teams several times every season.

-------Are people mad because this is a rebuilding year or just mad because we didn't recruit a 4 or 5 star point guard.

When someone uses the excuse that we are in a "rebuilding year", shouldn't that mean you are coming off a season or two of actually doing something significant? What exactly is it we just did, that now we are rebuilding?

-------Are people mad because this is a rebuilding year or just mad because we didn't recruit a 4 or 5 star point guard.

When someone uses the excuse that we are in a "rebuilding year", shouldn't that mean you are coming off a season or two of actually doing something significant? What exactly is it we just did, that now we are rebuilding?

We had one of the best 3 year runs in program history as far as Big 10 wins go.

We had one of the best 3 year runs in program history as far as Big 10 wins go.
giphy.gif

------We had one of the best 3 year runs in program history as far as Big 10 wins go.

Regular season doesn't mean shit....what did we do post season? Right,,,,nothing!

For comparison sake, I looked up Fran's record versus Ferentz'.
(iowa games only)I threw out the first two years for both coaches while they were rebuilding.
Fran has won about 57% of big ten games and about 61% all games.
Ferentz has won about 61% of both big ten and all games.

You can't really say one should be fired but not the other.

------We had one of the best 3 year runs in program history as far as Big 10 wins go.

Regular season doesn't mean shit....what did we do post season? Right,,,,nothing!

I know a lot of people agree with you but I just don't get that line of thinking. The regular season is 30 games. That's a lot of games to enjoy watching if you think like me.

I think three years seems about right. This year is a wash, next year will need some real improvement (NIT at least), and NCAA in year three. If that doesn't happen, we can start talking about a change.

lol doesn't meant anything? How do you get to the post season? Have a solid regular season.

Well then why do all the usual suspects show up to vent after every regular season loss?

"How much longer does Fran get?"

I say if the Hawks lose another game if I was AD I would fire Fran in the hallway as well as the whole staff! There is no reason they can't find a coaching staff capable of winning every game. The UCON women never lose why not the Hawks?! Inexcusable.

Are the geniuses that come up with these threads just trying to stir shit up or are they clowns infiltrating a Hawkeye Site? If one can't recognize the positives going on with perhaps the most talent top to bottom since 86 - 87 of which I for one hope none transfer then either you are blind or just not happy unless you are miserable. This Team is going to be special when they grow up. Maybe Lick is coaching again, go be fan of his team so your misery can be justified...

It gets to the question of what people think is an acceptable level of play before a "rebuilding" season happens. A fair number of Iowa fans are not happy with tanking the last 1/3 of the season and getting smoked in the post season games. And I'm right there with them. Getting destroyed in the round of 32 is no high water mark for a good program, in my opinion. Not good enough for me to want to keep that coach in year 8. But most of the posters here were the same ilk that wanted to keep Tom Davis for the rest of his life and that was pretty much the expectations for the past 10 years of his career here (1 sweet 16 at the end not withstanding).
I personally like the guy but his recruiting and in game coaching is too limited to get us anywhere in the post season. I'd cut him loose.

-------This is true, plus Fran has two kids to get through collage and play for him, and who knows they may want to be coaches at Iowa.

^^^^^^^
giggle

Latest posts