How much longer does Fran get?

What the hell happened in 2012? That sort of thing is unacceptable for a coach that is in what... his 11th season? ;)

The thing is, if it can happen at a place like Villanova with a coach as good as Wright, it can and does happen everywhere.

There's the big, big difference when attempting to compare Fran with Jay W. 2 Sweet 16s, a Great 8 and a Final Four by year 8. How is Fran going to make up all that ground with 1.5 seasons to go????? Sorry but your analogy is poor and it only represents Fran's inability to achieve much of anything over 7 seasons.

Actually, it's a perfect rebuttal to the "this can't happen in year 7" crowd.

Actually, it's a perfect rebuttal to the "this can't happen in year 7" crowd.
It only makes sense when you can point to a Sweet 16 and a Great 8 in years prior to a "down year". What can you point to with Fran? A double digit beat down in the round of 32? Is that supposed to carry some weight when facing a year with no NCAA tournament? And I'm typing so I can't recall....did Jay Wright ever fail to make an NCAA tournament after year 6?
Edit: Just checked. He did. But only after reaching 2 Sweet 16s, A Great 8 and a Final Four. That's a lot of good will to trade from. Where's Fran's? What can he trade off of?

200.gif

I don't think it's that bold to say that a team with way more talent than last year's team will out perform them.

How do you know this team has way more talent? We're one of the least talented teams in the conference right now

It only makes sense when you can point to a Sweet 16 and a Great 8 in years prior to a "down year". What can you point to with Fran? A double digit beat down in the round of 32? Is that supposed to carry some weight when facing a year with no NCAA tournament? And I'm typing so I can't recall....did Jay Wright ever fail to make an NCAA tournament after year 6?
Edit: Just checked. He did. But only after reaching 2 Sweet 16s, A Great 8 and a Final Four. That's a lot of good will to trade from. Where's Fran's? What can he trade off of?

It's not a good rebuttal for the "Fran hasn't built up enough good will to miss the tournament " crowd. But it is good for the "you can't miss the tournament in year 7" crowd.

I do this thing called watching games.

Were in the bottom half of the league in terms talent right now. I think you're overestimated how much talent we have and we don't appear to have a PG for the foreseeable future unless Connor is that guy

I like where the program is at. This is what the second youngest team in Hawkeye history I think I heard? This team is fun to watch and think we may have a possible Big Ten champion here in a couple of years.

I also like Fran, I love that he is passionate and fiery. It certainly beats a coach that shows little emotion and just walks up and down the field chewing his gum. Does Fran know football?

Time for a lifetime contract baby. Can we give coaching contracts to the sons as well? Need to lock in mediocrity while we still have the chance.

Were in the bottom half of the league in terms talent right now. I think you're overestimated how much talent we have and we don't appear to have a PG for the foreseeable future unless Connor is that guy

Bohannon got a call out of praise during last nights Michigan-UW game. It seems everybody is liking this kid except the troll man!

Just when you thought the program was headed in the right direction the team gets totally blown out by Northwestern -- North-friggin-western. That should NEVER happen.

How many more stumbles like this does Barta absorb before pulling the trigger?

sorry charlie, if losing to NDSU isn't enough to get ferentz fired, this sure as hell doesn't even come close. I hope you're being sarcastic and the sarcasm filter just isn't working. This team is loaded with hoops talent and our football squad has no wr's, no dt's and we're losing our rb's and can't replace them.

I like where the program is at. This is what the second youngest team in Hawkeye history I think I heard? This team is fun to watch and think we may have a possible Big Ten champion here in a couple of years.

I also like Fran, I love that he is passionate and fiery. It certainly beats a coach that shows little emotion and just walks up and down the field chewing his gum. Does Fran know football?

Here's a scary thought.

How many times has the football team won a conference title since the basketball team last accomplished that? Hell, Iowa State has more to crow about than my alma mater. :mad:

Right now it's close. I would say middle of the pack. When they're seniors, Cook and Pemsl very well may be the best front court in the big 10. Or possibly Garza or Nunge even. We will have a 4 year starter at point or will have recruited over a pretty solid player. We will have Moss and Weiscamp for the 2 and 3 spot. That is stacked in my opinion.

Right now it's close. I would say middle of the pack. When they're seniors, Cook and Pemsl very well may be the best front court in the big 10. Or possibly Garza or Nunge even. We will have a 4 year starter at point or will have recruited over a pretty solid player. We will have Moss and Weiscamp for the 2 and 3 spot. That is stacked in my opinion.

We're not middle of the pack in terms of talent in the conference right now

I want him here as long as I want him here. Which right now is at least 5 years.
He shows he can coach to a teams abilities. Last years team was solid. But I think they were overrated. But they did some good things.
This years squad is a polar opposite of last year. And I think he has them playing great. But the big thing is they are progressing. And with Jok, there is more freedom for these kids because Pete can flat out score.
This group is good. And after this year will be a fixture in the tourney.
I cant wait to see Fran maximize these guys,