How much longer does Fran get?

and he got 3 more seasons and left on his own.... the seat got hot, but I think that was as much Pierce as anything. Iowa is patient with it's head coaches and I stand by my original statement.

Alford didn't have the practice facility. If we miss 3 tourneys in a row, Fran will be gone for sure!!

His seat will be hot for certain, I think it depends how bad those teams end up being or what else is happening within the program. I don't think we miss the next 3 BTW, the point I am making is that Fran has built himself plenty of good will and breathing room.

His seat will be hot for certain, I think it depends how bad those teams end up being or what else is happening within the program. I don't think we miss the next 3 BTW, the point I am making is that Fran has built himself plenty of good will and breathing room.

I agree. This year is obviously a miss and understandable. Next year will be a ton of freshmen and sophomores so if we miss it but look better, it won't be a big deal. The next year will be almost all juniors and seniors so if we miss that year too, I could see the possibility of wanting a change. But he gets these next 3 years no matter what.

I agree. This year is obviously a miss and understandable. Next year will be a ton of freshmen and sophomores so if we miss it but look better, it won't be a big deal. The next year will be almost all juniors and seniors so if we miss that year too, I could see the possibility of wanting a change. But he gets these next 3 years no matter what.

Right, just missing the tournament is not gonna get him run in a 3 year span after going 3 straight years. I'll entertain the hot seat talk if that happens tho for sure. It didn't happen to Stevie and with Connor and Pat both coming here, it aint happening with Fran either.

Last edited:
Right, just missing the tournament is not gonna get him run in a 3 year span after going 3 straight years. I'll entertain the hot seat talk if that happens tho for sure. It didn't happen Stevie and with Connor and Pat both coming here, it aint happening with Fran either.

All a moot point anyway because as long as Barta isn't as dumb as some people on here (no offense op) Fran will have us in the elite 8 in 3 years. Or at least in position to get upset as a really high seed.

There'd have to be a scandal of somekind for Fran to get fired. The wheels could come off this year and he isn't going anywhere...

Right, just missing the tournament is not gonna get him run in a 3 year span after going 3 straight years. I'll entertain the hot seat talk if that happens tho for sure. It didn't happen to Stevie and with Connor and Pat both coming here, it aint happening with Fran either.
I'm sure Connor and Pat are good kids and decent players but at that point Fran will be putting five 1s and 2s on the floor with maybe a "tweener" thrown in for good measure. What, is Fran making us Gonzaga of teh Midwest?

I'm sure Connor and Pat are good kids and decent players but at that point Fran will be putting five 1s and 2s on the floor with maybe a "tweener" thrown in for good measure. What, is Fran making us Gonzaga of teh Midwest?

Garza is 6'11" and Nunge is 6'10" - I wouldn't call them tweeners... add them to this group with the kid coming from Muscatine... it'll be pretty crazy around here the next 3-4 years.

It's insanity to even ask this question.. Do you realize the mess that Fran inherited? Fran has gotten Iowa back to the level of the Tom Davis days. I don't know if its possible for this program to ever achieve anything more than that. For whatever reason ,this is not the destination that top BB talent wants to come to. I think Fran is a terrific recruiter. Iowa will never be a BB power because the fan support just isn't there anymore. I posted a topic about how lame Carver crowds are. I really think that they need to scrap Carver Arena. I would take NW high school gym and their enthusiastic college crowd over the typical Carver game.

sarcasm no doubt. ran into a buzzsaw last night against perhaps the best NW team in it's HISTORY. Tired legs, banged up, things snowballed. It happens. Dust-off and Fran will have their attention for big game Thurs. Fran aint going anywhere anytime soon, nor do I want him to!

You obviously have no clue. Go take a look at those coming in. With Cook & Pemsl already here we will have some good size. And anyone who expected this year to be something great obviously doesn't watch much basketball.