How does one become a cyclone?

To me, the hawks were my "pro" team. I couldn't care less about the MN teams or the IL teams or the MO teams. The hawks were my only allegiance growing up, so I see no need to change that, regardless of where I went to school. My roots were formed long before I was 18.

OK, now I understand you a little better. This makes a lot of sense.
But I must ask: why didn't you choose to attend Iowa? I mean, I sort of know what you do for a living, and at what level, so I wonder why you didn't enroll @ Iowa and get in the Tippie College of Biz?

OK, now I understand you a little better. This makes a lot of sense.
But I must ask: why didn't you choose to attend Iowa? I mean, I sort of know what you do for a living, and at what level, so I wonder why you didn't enroll @ Iowa and get in the Tippie College of Biz?

Good friends were going to ISU, and I was more familiar with the area. In hindsight I would have done things differently but I certainly don't regret my time in Ames. Problem is that most of my closest friends are all clones. :(

I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up so I certainly didn't know then. The 7 different majors through 4 different schools would agree with that statement. :)

A lot of you have already stole my thunder -- still gotta weigh in though. I never went to Iowa but our entire family are huge Hawk fans.

A LOT of ISU fans that I am around can not figure out how (or even why) you should have the right/privilege of being a fan of a school unless you graduated from there. I don't get this and no one has ever been able to explain the legitimacy of this argument to my satisfaction.

However - I think it holds some water and tells you why they have so few fans across the country. You would "think" they would welcome anyone to be a Cyclone - but it is apparent a lot of them will not welcome you into the Cyclone fold. FINE WITH ME!

Good luck in the MAC....

A lot of you have already stole my thunder -- still gotta weigh in though. I never went to Iowa but our entire family are huge Hawk fans.

A LOT of ISU fans that I am around can not figure out how (or even why) you should have the right/privilege of being a fan of a school unless you graduated from there. I don't get this and no one has ever been able to explain the legitimacy of this argument to my satisfaction.

However - I think it holds some water and tells you why they have so few fans across the country. You would "think" they would welcome anyone to be a Cyclone - but it is apparent a lot of them will not welcome you into the Cyclone fold. FINE WITH ME!

Good luck in the MAC....

the university of Iowa gets this. Without the support from the entire state, they would be just be like Minnesota.

Chicken did you go to games with your friends when you were in school? I understand that your in heart you may always be a Hawkeye fan, but part of the experience of college is getting drunk and watching football.

Some of my best memories involved trips to KC and the Independence Bowl. Not exactly the Orange or Rose Bowls but good times none the less.

Plus when you go to get a job don't you whip out your ISU degree?

I went to a few in my 4 years, but the Hawks were usually playing at the same time, so I'd be huddled in my room with a couple other Hawk fans I knew watching the Iowa game. :)

And generally I whip out my previous work experience and skills to get a new job. There are no "degrees" in my specific field, so the only thing my Degree might do is get me past the first-level recruiters...

I have lots of farmers in my family - they are all Hawk fans. Don't give a crap about ISU and their Ag program.

Ames is a boring *** ugly college town with no culture. ISU has very little good sports history so that's not it.

Football - miles ahead IA
Basketball - historically much better IA
Wrestling - light years ahead IA and ISU is getting worse
Women's - don't care

What? We're talking about Ames and Iowa City, not Germany and France. I think you have the wrong thread.

Good friends were going to ISU, and I was more familiar with the area. In hindsight I would have done things differently but I certainly don't regret my time in Ames. Problem is that most of my closest friends are all clones. :(

I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up so I certainly didn't know then. The 7 different majors through 4 different schools would agree with that statement. :)

One word: plastics. :D

The psychology of being a cyclone. It is so hard to imagine growing up being a cyclone. Almost like psychological brain-washing or arranged marriages. I feel sorry for the kids that fell on the wrong side of the fence. I thank my lucky stars I grow up in the 319 area code. It feels so good to be a Hawkeye.
I grew up in a 319 area code as well. I grew to be a Cyclone fan because of obnoxious inbred Hawk fans like yourself drunkenly worshipping a sub-par team year in and year out.

I grew up in a 319 area code as well. I grew to be a Cyclone fan because of obnoxious inbred Hawk fans like yourself drunkenly worshipping a sub-par team year in and year out.

Loser.jpg

I went to a few in my 4 years, but the Hawks were usually playing at the same time, so I'd be huddled in my room with a couple other Hawk fans I knew watching the Iowa game. :)

And generally I whip out my previous work experience and skills to get a new job. There are no "degrees" in my specific field, so the only thing my Degree might do is get me past the first-level recruiters...

I'd just listen to Dolph and Eddie in secret while tailgating for the ISU game

Latest posts