Here is next season's schedule and what we lose

Give me your analysis then. We can bookmark this thread. I bet I'm much closer to being right and am willing to put money on it.

Or if you don't want to put in any actual work, at least tell me which team I said will be better that you think won't be.

Well since I am not a fool I wont make concrete predictions about something 9 months away without having the necessary information ie transfers/recruiting/injuries/ graduation and early entries.

However in the purpose of playing along here I will give hot takes on the teams listed.

1. ISU. Lots of question marks. Will they still have their coach? Will Purdy transfer? Do they keep any of the WR's? I believe Montgomery is gone. I highly doubt ISU is playing clean football when we see them in September. I'm expecting a win in Ames or not.

2. Michigan. I expect them to be good. Harbaugh probably wants our blood. If we don't play above ourselves this is a loss.

3. PSU. Graduation and early entries will bring Penn St down a notch. Recruiting superiority will allow them to probably get things rolling at some point in the season though. I think it's good we get them early. I think it's a toss up game and being at home I lean Iowa.

4. Purdue. Same story as ISU. Who is their coach? Who is their QB? If Brohm goes does Moore stay? I would guess that Brohm will try hard to take Moore with him. Either way it's at Kinnick for Homecoming. I only consider this a loss if Brohm stays and they have a serviceable QB.

5. Northwestern. Hard to predict the fighting Fitz's. They appear to be massive over achievers this season. I expect they fall back to earth this season still and next year starts the rollercoaster for them again. Right now I predict a win.

6. Wisconsin. They should be a beatable squad. Apparently only if you aren't named Iowa though. We will just call this a loss, because only delusion would suggest a victory in Madison.

7. Nebraska. I'm not even attempting to read their crystal ball. Who knows what they will be next year. They definitely owe us a gut punch. If they are good next year I will consider it a karma loss.

So there you have it.

If you really believe that we only win 5 games next year then... ya soft.
I don't think they'll only win 5 next year, but a fan looking at evidence to make predictions has nothing to do with being soft. The most baddest ass fan in the world cannot stop his team from being choke artists.

I don't think they'll only win 5 next year, but a fan looking at evidence to make predictions has nothing to do with being soft. The most baddest ass fan in the world cannot stop his team from being choke artists.

I beg to differ. He has no evidence other than a few stinging losses to assimilate into some wider sweeping narrative.

It is absolutely soft to be that fan that wrings their hands and cowers when facing a competent opponent. It is also generally soft to decide that something is over before it ever began. That is a loser mentality. I believe someone's fandom relates to ones true character. I was merely trying to extrapolate the root behind his thoughts. Is it truly piss poor fandom, or is it someone lashing out in anger. I have still yet to be able to decide.

I beg to differ. He has no evidence other than a few stinging losses to assimilate into some wider sweeping narrative.

It is absolutely soft to be that fan that wrings their hands and cowers when facing a competent opponent. It is also generally soft to decide that something is over before it ever began. That is a loser mentality. I believe someone's fandom relates to ones true character. I was merely trying to extrapolate the root behind his thoughts. Is it truly piss poor fandom, or is it someone lashing out in anger. I have still yet to be able to decide.
Thank you Dr. Freud. Would you like me to talk about your mother too?

We were supposed to be better this year and here we sit at 6-3 with at least 1 tough game to go. Didn't you predict 10-2 for THIS year?

You’re fucking relentless man. We could easily have 9 wins before the bowl game. It took us the bowl game last season just to get 8 wins.

6-6, 7-5 does it really matter? We play in an awful division. 3 non con cupcakes, well ISU will beat us, but we won't win a game that means anything anyway. Looking at that I'm not sure we win a road game at all. Nebraska, like it or not, will be improved.

Please go F yourself. Also, please don’t procreate. You’re a fucking moron.

What are you talking about? This is his first season as a starter. He barely played last season. He’s had some really nice catches but he doesn’t get thrown to often.
He's got way too many drops. That's what I'm talking about. Keep your excuses to yourself. I know what I see every Saturday.

Brent's is already a pretty decent CB. He is not experienced enough to be clutch yet. Was a bonehead move grabbing a handful of jersey in the endzone, but points for being in the guys hip pocket.

Moss learned another tough lesson yesterday. Play the WR not the ball when you are getting attacked repeatedly. I'm not saying don't locate the ball, but when you are struggling to keep your head above water you don't make an aggressive play for the ball on the goalline. Through all of his struggles he should come through better for it. Intense pressure forges diamonds. He needs to stay the course. It's a given that every remaining team will have at least a couple of plays to test a freshman skinny white CB.
I like the CBs. They're young but they'll get better. If we can't generate some sort of pass rush with our front 4 or by blitzing, it doesn't really matter who is playing CB. They need some help.

He's got way too many drops. That's what I'm talking about. Keep your excuses to yourself. I know what I see every Saturday.

How many d
I like the CBs. They're young but they'll get better. If we can't generate some sort of pass rush with our front 4 or by blitzing, it doesn't really matter who is playing CB. They need some help.

We do generate pass rush on a majority of passing attempts. I feel (with no metrics to back it up) that we get it almost everytime that it is a known passing down. Some of those limit the amount of progressions the QB can make, but we are breaking down on the offenses hot route. Every QB going against us right now is locating the Mike and reading the high saftey at snap. We are giving the easy read up way too often. That comes from inexperience. Hopefully that starts to click and we can start jumping those routes.

It's clear to me that we will beat Illinois this year and go at least 7-5. We won't win either of the other 2 games unless we are up by 10 or more with 6 minutes left in the game. You can provide excuses of why we lost such as bad officiating or a couple of bad breaks, but the truth is we can't stop a team in the final minutes and we can't maintain a drive in critical situations. It's just not in our DNA. Next year we will be lucky to be 6-6. ISU is getting better, Purdue is getting better, Nebraska is getting better as the season has gone along. We stay the same, play the same - good but not great.

Yes is it distinctive quality of KF teams to lose in they have less than a 2 score lead with less than 7 minutes or so to go. It has happened so many times it is more than coincidence. It is the fault of both the offensive and defensive teams, special teams, and especially the coaches for not getting to the root cause and not consulting with sports psychologists as to why this is.

Expectations.

If KF has expectations going into 2019 he will shit the bed and go 7-5. If there are no expectations and they fly under the radar I could easily see a 10-2 season.. Everytime you think you had enough of the Ferentz era, he pulls out one of those seasons.

this has to be a psychological thing from the head coach down and also a scheme thing with our offense and defense has the hawks lose a lot of late leads, I havent gone back to count them up but it is a lot

...OK. What's that got to do with the price of tea in China?

You were being a dumbass and saying we haven't improved at all this season when it's pretty obvious this year's team is quite a bit better than last year's. The last two games have been painful, but this year's team still has a shot at 10 wins.

I can’t believe so many of you are predicting 10-2. Have you been paying attention for the last 20 years?

just pick 2 games we should or could win and mark them as losses, and maybe pick one game we should lose and mark it as a win.

I really think now there is a psychology around KF's approach that leads to not being able to close the deal and win games they should

The fan isn't facing the opponent. He's just a helpless observer. Completely different from being an active participant. I'd say it's more anger.

this has to be a psychological thing from the head coach down and also a scheme thing with our offense and defense has the hawks lose a lot of late leads, I havent gone back to count them up but it is a lot
On defense, we need to be more aggressive in the last 5 minutes. Either let them score right away, so we have enough time to respond or stop them. On offense, we need to practice 2 minute drills and scenarios. It’s a part of the game that we need to get better at and KF needs to acknowledge that.

Latest posts