Heartfelt congrats to ISU

Wow.....Hawk fans seem to be turning over their colors.....I am sooooooooooo tired of the extreme crush some of you so called Hawkeye fans have for the Mayor of Transfer Town....just head on over to the Clone sites and do your gushing there....

Wow.....Hawk fans seem to be turning over their colors.....I am sooooooooooo tired of the extreme crush some of you so called Hawkeye fans have for the Mayor of Transfer Town....just head on over to the Clone sites and do your gushing there....

Hard not to respect what he's accomplished in such a short time.

No offense, but you're a moron.

No offense, but you are not a Hawk fan.

They are our rivals...rivals don't root for each other. You think if the situation was reversed, they would be congratulating the Hawks? Tell me, how many posts were there on cyclone fanatic congratulating Iowa on their bowl bid?

ISU fans are the most insufferable and obnoxious...as witnessed by them rushing over here to gloat after every ISU win and Hawk loss. What do you think will happen if they go to the final four? They will be posting about it on this site every...single...day.....for God knows how long. Probably YEARS. You want that? Then keep rooting for them.

No offense, but you are not a Hawk fan.

They are our rivals...rivals don't root for each other. You think if the situation was reversed, they would be congratulating the Hawks? Tell me, how many posts were there on cyclone fanatic congratulating Iowa on their bowl bid?

ISU fans are the most insufferable and obnoxious...as witnessed by them rushing over here to gloat after every ISU win and Hawk loss. What do you think will happen if they go to the final four? They will be posting about it on this site every...single...day.....for God knows how long. Probably YEARS. You want that? Then keep rooting for them.

ISU wins or loses games regardless of who I root for or don't root for. So I'm not sure how in the f*ck me doing anything affects them, their players, their team at all. It is gonna happen, or it won't happen, end of story. If you let every ISU Dbag get under your skin, that is a YOU problem.

I don't really respect the way he has done it.....the whole troubled transfers system paid off I guess but it's a cheap shortcut in my opinion.....do we truly believe that these transfers get actual degrees and an education or are they simply pieces in a machine....and it is really hard to respect anything their team does when a large majority of its fanbase is such a bunch of insufferable jerks.....as someone else said, after they were done celebrating the win they probably automatically started rubbing it in Hawks fans faces.....no way, no how can I respect the Cy-Clown Nation....

I don't really respect the way he has done it.....the whole troubled transfers system paid off I guess but it's a cheap shortcut in my opinion.....do we truly believe that these transfers get actual degrees and an education or are they simply pieces in a machine....and it is really hard to respect anything their team does when a large majority of its fanbase is such a bunch of insufferable jerks.....as someone else said, after they were done celebrating the win they probably automatically started rubbing it in Hawks fans faces.....no way, no how can I respect the Cy-Clown Nation....

No, they didn't. They are celebrating. We celebrated once. It was a long time ago, but it happened.

Just a simple thread to give a shout-out "congrats" to an in-state rival.

Nothing more complicated than that.

The concept is too advanced for some people I guess.

I for one will be avoiding the Des Moines area media for 2 weeks now to avoid nausea.

But, congrats anyway - good win. Anytime something from the state of Iowa makes Roy do this...

wjyp3s.png

..it a good thing.

do we truly believe that these transfers get actual degrees and an education or are they simply pieces in a machine....

All 6 seniors got degrees last year. Kane is the only senior transfer this year and he'd already graduated. The other senior is ejim who was the big 12 scholar athlete of the year last season.

People can disagree with hoiberg's methods (even though I think it's foolish) but the kids get degrees and have set records for team GPA at Iowa State.

All 6 seniors got degrees last year. Kane is the only senior transfer this year and he'd already graduated. The other senior is ejim who was the big 12 scholar athlete of the year last season.

People can disagree with hoiberg's methods (even though I think it's foolish) but the kids get degrees and have set records for team GPA at Iowa State.

Pardon my rant here, Bryce, because this is not directed at you, but the degree argument some people make is totally absurd. Attaining "a degree" at a large state school like Iowa or Iowa State these days entails little more than having a pulse and showing up for class on a handful of days (of course there are exceptions such as engineering, pre-med, sciences, etc.). Two weeks ago, I was supervising a kid drafting a $2 million annual fee licensing agreement, with an annual increase chained to the CPI, and this kid (who has an Angry Studies degree) couldn't conceptualize how to convert the annual fee into monthly payments. The fact that kids can get out of college with virtually no math skills and just an ability to write papers about their feelings is a true tragedy in this country and is why you'll never hear me making this "degree" argument. Many degrees have become so diluted academically as to be meaningless.

Completely agree. I have an English degree and it took minimal effort. Long story.

My point wasn't that these guys should be making key decisions at Fortune 500 companies, just that hoiberg does obviously place value on a degree and Iowa State isn't just a basketball factory. It has been in the past and it's not a good thing.

Completely agree. I have an English degree and it took minimal effort. Long story.

My point wasn't that these guys should be making key decisions at Fortune 500 companies, just that hoiberg does obviously place value on a degree and Iowa State isn't just a basketball factory. It has been in the past and it's not a good thing.

And my point is that pretty much all these schools have become diploma mills so complaining about whether or not guys get degrees (which some Hok fans have done) is pointless. And when you add the athlete angle, it's probably downright criminal. I shudder to think of the lengths taken and resources expended to keep Troy Davis in Ames for 3 years or to get Shonn Greene moved from the rigors of Kirkwood and back into the good graces of the University of Iowa!

Cheer for ISU... "cheer" is a strong word.

I have zero emotional reaction to them... but I do like their style especially on offense.

Latest posts