Heartfelt congrats to ISU

I don't ever root for ISU and I'm not sure why any Iowa fan would, but to each his own. I don't like North Carolina either so I really didn't care who won today's game, but I did enjoy watching it as it was highly entertaining and drama packed. Great basketball. That said, I hope the Clones lose in the next round.

Wow.....Hawk fans seem to be turning over their colors.....I am sooooooooooo tired of the extreme crush some of you so called Hawkeye fans have for the Mayor of Transfer Town....just head on over to the Clone sites and do your gushing there....

It's nice to see a team from Iowa in the Sweet 16.

I love Iowa.

Both the state.

And the Hawkeyes.

Congratulations to Mr. Hoiberg and the Cyclones. A pretty amazing game, fun to watch, and a surprise to me since I was one who thought the loss of Georges Niang would cripple this team beyond an ability to beat UNC. Glad to see it though.

To the poster above who hopes ISU loses their next game, you may get your wish. Winning two games at this level with one of the team's top players out of action is a lot to imagine them being able to accomplish.

As regards athletes and college degrees, some are smart kids who get good educations and some, we all know, have come to play ball and aren't going to become brain surgeons. But then, that's a lot like the fans of these schools too, Hawks included. Some are graduates of the University, a few were also athletes there, and the rest.. there's a heck of a lot with no further education than high school, so I assume they're not too concerned with whether the athletes earn college degrees or what kind of degrees they receive.

@okeefe4prez
This time of the year I think it's awesome if we can support each other as hard as that might be for some. It could just have easily been the Hawkeyes right now where the Cyclones are. And IMO okeefe4prez if you didn't have 10K + posts this thread would have been roasted (based on previous complaints today) but I'm glad we had a senior member acknowledge a great victory by Iowa State.

3 pt shooting pct's:

Iowa State - 35.5%
Iowa -- 35.0%

ISU 283 3pt
Iowa 191 3pt

All 5 of their starters can shoot 3 pts

Only 1/5 of our guys (marble) was really any kind of threat from 3...

It's one of the reasons why ISU is a much better half course offensive team than us... we can run just as well with them they are 100 times better in the half court because of their shooters and penetration..

There wasn't any game in the past two years that I can remember that Iowa came back in the last 4 minutes because of 3 pt shooting.

Just a simple thread to give a shout-out "congrats" to an in-state rival.

Nothing more complicated than that.

The concept is too advanced for some people I guess.

I for one will be avoiding the Des Moines area media for 2 weeks now to avoid nausea.

But, congrats anyway - good win. Anytime something from the state of Iowa makes Roy do this...

wjyp3s.png

..it a good thing.

* * DDThompson likes this * *

Roy's bubble thought: "Dammit. No more stealing stars from Iowa. First, lost Woodbury. Now, lost to Fred. The Paige has turned."

I don't ever root for ISU and I'm not sure why any Iowa fan would, but to each his own.
Because some Hawk fans have family (children and/or siblings) that have graduated or are attending or are working for ISU.

Not that hard to figure out.

Helluva game. They lost a key player and the kids played through it and won it on the last shot. We haven't seen an Iowa game like that in a LONG time. Pretty big chunk of our losses came from Sweet 16 teams!

You are right and Tenny's run shows we weren't bad.

Because some Hawk fans have family (children and/or siblings) that have graduated or are attending or are working for ISU.

Not that hard to figure out.

Exactly. My brother went there and roots for them, I have lots of friends from ISU that I like, so it is nice that the team they roots for wins. They do the same for the Hawks, when watching and going to Hawk games with us hawk fans. IMO it is the Dbags that hate on everything Iowa or ISU that ruin things. Nothing at all wrong with rooting for lil Brother to win games.;)

Exactly. My brother went there and roots for them, I have lots of friends from ISU that I like, so it is nice that the team they roots for wins. They do the same for the Hawks, when watching and going to Hawk games with us hawk fans. IMO it is the Dbags that hate on everything Iowa or ISU that ruin things. Nothing at all wrong with rooting for lil Brother to win games.;)

So nothing wrong with Clowns continuing to peform better than Iowa, and in turn winning almost every single f'n recruiting battle? Setting up better and better seasons than Iowa? Got it. That's bs and anyone who can't see it is full of themselves. Yeah great, pat yourself on the back for being a great Iowan, person b/c some relative went there, blah blah blah. Fact is, what is good for Iowa State is not good for Iowa. You think Iowa State fans cheer when the Hawks make it to a big bowl game while they sit home and disect their 3-9 season? Exactly. If some of you don't follow recruiting maybe it's time you start.

Have to give props to what Hoiberg has going on in Ames. Plus, Fred is sort of like Kirk Ferentz - pretty laid back guy and you can't help but like the guy. When I attended ISU I used to interview Fred when I worked as a sports reporter at the college paper. Not sure how the guy still looks exactly the same as back in the early 90s. I remember the exact moment I heard ISU was naming Hoiberg the coach and I thought this was going to spell disaster ... Lesson to me to not jump the gun. I am most impressed with how this team does not get too rattled. The North Carolina game was just a flat out great basketball game - no matter who is your team. I am envious a bit ... I thought this is the type of run the Hawks would be making. Never would have predicted being in one of the play-in games and then being 1 and done. Very disappointing end ...

Wonder what the % is for shots that MATTER.

Ouch. But this is true. It seemed like guys were shooting through a hula hoop when we played Northwestern in regular season. Dudes couldn't miss against UTEP. And of course, the first half of the Villanova game McCabe looked like Pistol Pete. But when games were on the line, I think we gagged more often than we came through.

So nothing wrong with Clowns continuing to peform better than Iowa, and in turn winning almost every single f'n recruiting battle? Setting up better and better seasons than Iowa? Got it. That's bs and anyone who can't see it is full of themselves. Yeah great, pat yourself on the back for being a great Iowan, person b/c some relative went there, blah blah blah. Fact is, what is good for Iowa State is not good for Iowa. You think Iowa State fans cheer when the Hawks make it to a big bowl game while they sit home and disect their 3-9 season? Exactly. If some of you don't follow recruiting maybe it's time you start.

You do understand that me rooting for any team does not make them better or worse don't you? ISU is going to do what they do, and so will Iowa. My choices are to either be bitter about ISU success, or be ok with it, and happy for my ISU friends. You could make the case that Nebraska doing well, or jNW, or Purdue, or Illinois, or any other BIG school is going to hurt Iowa far more than ISU being successful is going to hurt Iowa.

This isn't football, there are more than enough BB recruits for both programs to be successful in the state. Plus how many players has ISU gotten lately that Iowa wanted? The only one I can think of is Niang, and he signed with ISU before either was successful.

Latest posts