Hawkeyes Past, Present, Future Share Feelings on Racial Injustice

Status
Not open for further replies.
My God, he's doubling down!
What are you even reading right now? My jaw is actually dropped that you think what I'm saying is bad. I say set up a program to get people who didn't have a choice a chance to have what they want and you read kick out the blacks. I guess I'll triple down. The people who would be interested in going back to their homeland would approach the program. They wouldn't be forced into it by white people who want them all gone.

glared_big_eyes_shocked_stunned_angry_emoji_expression_face_emoticon_surprised_glares_glaring_shock_terrified_look_shocked_surprised-512.png
Hahahaha WTF

I believe that campaign was pushed by a guy named Theodore Bilbo about 100 years ago. I thought it was relegated to the dustbin of history. Anyway, America is a melting pot. If someone is legally here or a natural born resident, no one should make offers to send them somewhere unless it is these clowns who say "IF X WINS THE ELECTION, I'M MOVING TO [INSERT COUNTRY]." Those people are extremist asswipes. America is the best country on Earth and no one should advocate deporting citizens. We just gotta get along.
I'm not advocating on deporting citizens. Some people want to move back to their roots. People of all races. The government can't just pay the bill for everyone who wants to follow their dream. But if someone is here because their ancestors were forced here, should that be an exception?

If I have learned anything from this extensive thread, it would be the confirmation that racism is deeply ingrained in this microcosm of society. It is shameful.

If you're just learning this now, you must live in a very isolated area. I grew up in a very isolated area but learned within my first day of college how racist this country is. Every day since has only confirmed that belief.

THIS IS THEIR HOMELAND, YOU IDIOT. NOBODY WANTS TO GO HOME, THEY ARE HOME. THEY WANT A BETTER HOME FOR THEMSELVES, THEIR LOVED ONES, AND THE PEOPLE THAT FOLLOW THEM. NOBODY WANTS TO 'GO HOME'.

That's even better. It's crazy that you can speak for everyone like that.

And who are you two to say/tell/justify anyone’s background and experiences? Just because I’m white does not mean I grew up privileged. I lived in the worst part of town surrounded by poor like myself. I was the minority in my environment.

I was on food stamps and state assistance. So you two can get off you high horse telling people they need to feel how you feel. If it’s open let people feel how they choose you have no right to say you holy and we not.

I’ve had every “disadvantage” as anyone but I guess because I’m white I pulled through w that privilege. I treat people how they treat me, if other people have wrong done to them it’s sad but again not my doing. People doing the wrong need the fixing not everyone.
From Rob's link:

"I can completely understand why broke white folks get pissed when the word 'privilege' is thrown around...I was constantly discriminated against because of my poverty and those wounds still run very deep...[But] The concept of intersectionality recognizes that people can be privileged in some ways and definitely not in others." ~Gina Crosley-Corcoran

Full article

The point is you're comparing poverty to black oppression. They are not the same. Privilege isn't wealth related.

Last edited:
What are you even reading right now? My jaw is actually dropped that you think what I'm saying is bad. I say set up a program to get people who didn't have a choice a chance to have what they want and you read kick out the blacks. I guess I'll triple down. The people who would be interested in going back to their homeland would approach the program. They wouldn't be forced into it by white people who want them all gone.
Lol.

Because in a hypothetical world if I was being oppressed, how would I take the suggestion that if I didn’t like it here I could take an all expenses paid trip back to Germany since that’s where my ancestors are from?

There are 6, 8, 10 generations of black people removed from slavery, man. They don’t know that land, they don’t feel ties to that land, and they shouldn’t. Because this is their land. Black people have way more “claim” to nationality here than you or I do because we came from Europe in the early part of last century, long after African American were here.

How the F could you be so ignorant to think...

1) that any black person in America would want to leave their birthright country (the US) for a land where they have nothing, giving everything up here. Just because a white guy said, “Hey, we can’t fix the problem, so if you want we’ll buy you a plane ticket to the Gold Coast or Cameroon or Ghana?”

2) that offering to ship disillusioned black people off would solve any problem at all.

Tell me how that’s different than offering them to go live on an Indian reservation somewhere. It’s actually worse because you’re insulting people’s fucking intelligence by assuming they might want to do that voluntarily.

Jesus fucking Christ dude. There’s been some seriously stupid shit said on this board, my posts definitely included, but this one just took the whole goddamn cake with extra frosting. Wow.

I believe that campaign was pushed by a guy named Theodore Bilbo about 100 years ago. I thought it was relegated to the dustbin of history. Anyway, America is a melting pot. If someone is legally here or a natural born resident, no one should make offers to send them somewhere unless it is these clowns who say "IF X WINS THE ELECTION, I'M MOVING TO [INSERT COUNTRY]." Those people are extremist asswipes. America is the best country on Earth and no one should advocate deporting citizens. We just gotta get along.

There it is right there.
And stop letting so many people in now. The lifeboat can't hold much more.

How many do you really think are interested in your proposition? You think it would be a non-zero number? How many do you think would be offended by your offer? Do you think it would be less than 100%?

How many do you really think are interested in your proposition? You think it would be a non-zero number? How many do you think would be offended by your offer? Do you think it would be less than 100%?

I have no idea how many people would be interested in it. I've already said this isn't coming from "if you don't like it, get out". People are acting like the only reason to leave a country is because you hate it here.

From Rob's link:

"I can completely understand why broke white folks get pissed when the word 'privilege' is thrown around...I was constantly discriminated against because of my poverty and those wounds still run very deep...[But] The concept of intersectionality recognizes that people can be privileged in some ways and definitely not in others." ~Gina Crosley-Corcoran

The point is you're comparing poverty to black oppression. They are not the same. Privilege isn't wealth related.
So part of the argument is how raised and area grew up and we need to sympathize and try to understand that but if white we privileged in other ways because some educated privileged person says so? Ok

Any of you been to jail? Any of you spent time in minority areas? Lived around and been the minority in said areas? Trust me racism is alive in all races.

I hope things get better but I do me and do people like they do me. I’m not gonna be fake or push a narrative out of some guilt about what’s happened to anyone that was caused by me. Maybe I’m in sensitive but no ones done it for me either and that’s fine by me.

So part of the argument is how raised and area grew up and we need to sympathize and try to understand that but if white we privileged in other ways because some educated privileged person says so? Ok

Any of you been to jail? Any of you spent time in minority areas? Lived around and been the minority in said areas? Trust me racism is alive in all races.

I hope things get better but I do me and do people like they do me. I’m not gonna be fake or push a narrative out of some guilt about what’s happened to anyone that was caused by me. Maybe I’m in sensitive but no ones done it for me either and that’s fine by me.
"But listen: This is not said to make white people feel guilty about their privilege. It’s not your fault that you were born with white skin and experience these privileges. But whether you realize it or not, you do benefit from it, and it is your fault if you don’t maintain awareness of that fact."

Been to jail? With a name like Reefer? Of course. Been the minority? Yep.

Edited previous post to link article.

Here it is again: Link

Last edited:
Lol.

Because in a hypothetical world if I was being oppressed, how would I take the suggestion that if I didn’t like it here I could take an all expenses paid trip back to Germany since that’s where my ancestors are from?

There are 6, 8, 10 generations of black people removed from slavery, man. They don’t know that land, they don’t feel ties to that land, and they shouldn’t. Because this is their land. Black people have way more “claim” to nationality here than you or I do because we came from Europe in the early part of last century, long after African American were here.

How the F could you be so ignorant to think...

1) that any black person in America would want to leave their birthright country (the US) for a land where they have nothing, giving everything up here. Just because a white guy said, “Hey, we can’t fix the problem, so if you want we’ll buy you a plane ticket to the Gold Coast or Cameroon or Ghana?”

2) that offering to ship disillusioned black people off would solve any problem at all.

Tell me how that’s different than offering them to go live on an Indian reservation somewhere. It’s actually worse because you’re insulting people’s fucking intelligence by assuming they might want to do that voluntarily.

Jesus fucking Christ dude. There’s been some seriously stupid shit said on this board, my posts definitely included, but this one just took the whole goddamn cake with extra frosting. Wow.
Ok Fry listen. You're right about the ties thing is different for people from Europe because of the time frame. But some people from Europe do want to get back to their homeland and that's where my idea came from. I'm sure there are plenty of irish people who would love to move back to Ireland bit don't because of money. That's where my thoughts went.

I see a lot things saying if you don't like it leave and I've always hated them for two reasons. One is what was already said, we need to make it better instead. Two is because there is no way people could afford to leave when they wanted to. So my thought was if someone really wanted to get home (for any reason, not just because it sucks here) then it really sucks for them that centuries later they are still forced to stay due to money. I'll say it one last time. This isnt about if you dont like it leave. It sure in the hell isn't about we dont want you here. It's about letting people decide for themselves, eliminating the money issue. You're right tho, ties to europe from a few generations ago is way more prevalent than the ties would be to Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.