Hawkeyes Past, Present, Future Share Feelings on Racial Injustice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your points about the economics of it. $ separates the haves and the have nots quite a bit. I won't say more then race does as a flat statement. But I do think circumstantially it sure does.

I couldn't disagree more about Bill Cosby. From what all I'd read he seems guilty as sin... I do agree MeTOO got him and without that he'd have not even been in front of a judge/jury. But I think for years and years he'd been a disgusting human being. That's just me though..

Again, I think my feelings on Cosby was about personal perception and fandom. FWIW, my wife was shocked when the charges came out. But...she actually also though Janice Dickinson was believable and credible!

I swear, if my wife wasn't hot, I'd disown her. OK, if she wasn't hot and wasn't tolerant of my being "emotionally unavailable" every Saturday from September through November.

Oh, who am I kidding. I married so far above my grade, I wouldn't give her up for anything!

What influence does Ferentz have with the Iowa City PD? They always were ego-tripping cowboys when I went to teh U back in the horse and buggy days, even to white boys, so what’s changed? Besides, do we really want a cozy relationship between the money-making programs and local cops like they do in Ames where the po-po look the other way when ISU “athletes” do something criminal? I’m not sure the anti-university, anti-sports blue hairs who run Iowa City’s government would allow that anyways.

What about Doyle? By nature S&C coaches are like drill sergeants, ragging on athletes when they slack off in order to make them better. They’re a dime a dozen in “boot camp” type fitness centers where they are pushing clients to achieve higher than what they think they can. I can see where some of those comments about golf clubs or gang banging might offend certain snowflakes on the team. My experience with some scholarship athletes in the 70s was that they could be lazy if you let them and needed a kick in the ass to get in or stay in shape.

Unless there’s more, I’m not sure Doyle is a problem.

Sorry but it has nothing to do with these guys being snowflakes. If a coach can’t find a way to motivate someone without personally attacking them he’s not a real coach. You can give a player a kick in the ass without crossing the line. Players come from diverse backgrounds...poverty is a real thing that affects a lot of people as does gang violence. It’s not being a snowflake when players may have struggled with poverty or come from rough areas where they may have lost friends or loved ones to gang violence. It has nothing to do with athletes being snowflakes but rather an insensitive coach crossing into territory that he has absolutely no business getting into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts