Greg Davis will be back in 2013

Re: Davis officially staying per Kirk

Jon Miller ‏@HawkeyeNation This is hardly a hopeless situation. We have more than enough potential on campus to be successful. This is not Mount Everest -KF

It's beyond hopeless. You shot the horse and are now kicking it to death....

Of course it's not Mount Everest. People have conquered that bad boy. This is like sending a manned craft to Uranus using today's technology. It's a suicide mission destined to failure.

Can you imagine that in-home visit? Davis walks in with a board and some white paint, slaps it on the board, tells the recruit to watch the board, and then proceeds to tell him this is exactly what watching and playing in Iowa's offense will be like.

and while the kid is staring at the board, Gerg helps himself to the contents of the fridge and pantry.

Seriously, if next year's team goes right back to the ineffective horizontal passing game and continually goes 3 and out, how bad will the boos be? I can foresee it getting worse as the season goes on. Hopefully I'm wrong and Rudock comes in and is more effective.
I'm going to practice booing all winter, spring, and summer so that my lungs are in tip-top shape for Northern Ill.

Of course it's not Mount Everest. People have conquered that bad boy. This is like sending a manned craft to Uranus using today's technology. It's a suicide mission destined to failure.
That may be one of your top ten's.

this should be a fireable quote

No, what should be a fireable quote is the one he made after the Nebraska loss, that he was "comfortable" with the way things are.

I don't EVER want to hear a coach say he is comfortable. That is fat-cat mentality. That is "I'm not gonna change anything" mentality. That is also a losing mentality.

Jon Miller ‏@HawkeyeNation This is hardly a hopeless situation. We have more than enough potential on campus to be successful. This is not Mount Everest -KF

It's beyond hopeless. You shot the horse and are now kicking it to death....

We MIGHT have potential within the players returning....but I guarantee you we have NO potential for success within the coaching personnel on this team. And since it's the coaches putting the players in these positions (wide receivers running routes short of the first down, tight ends running flare routes as if they have the potential to juke the defense, no qb pressure by the defensive schemes), then it will be impossible to gauge the potential within the players because the coaches will NEVER utilize them to their strengths or fullest potential.

KF just dug his own grave today and Barta ultimately dug his 3 years ago with that bullspit contract.

What a joke KF is turning into...worst in game coach in all of football (peewee leagues included) and now he is not even smart enough to make good decisions...it is time for this clown to take a hike.

Why would Kurt Licliter want to bring GD back and face this type of backlash? He really doesn't care what people think. God I wish he was my boss.

Lost3.jpg