Greg Davis will be back in 2013

This proves that Ferentz has zero accountability because of his contract. I find it hard to believe that if KF was fighting for his contact next year that he would bring Greg Davis back for another season.

Primary receiver? How many times did we run a play with only one receiver even going out for a route?
We ran plenty were JVB only looked at one receiver over the course of the entire play, so I'm gonna go way out on a limb and assume that was his primary read. I also remember infamous 4th and 3 call against Purdue, where both Vandy and Derby admitted after the game that the 1 yard flat route was indeed the primary play. I don't remember which game it was early in the year when KMart was streaking wide open in the middle of the field early in the game, but both he, Vandy, and Kirk said in the following presser that he was so far down the route progression tree on that play that the QB never had a chance to look his way, and should not have been expected to. Some of those routes you're seeing are decoy routes and not considered primary or even secondary options for the QB.

It's going to be tough to watch this team again unless Vandenberg was really the worst QB in the history of ever and Ruddock, or whomever else, is really awesome.

I'm having a hard time understanding Kirk's reasoning for keeping Davis though.

It's going to be tough to watch this team again unless Vandenberg was really the worst QB in the history of ever and Ruddock, or whomever else, is really awesome.

I'm having a hard time understanding Kirk's reasoning for keeping Davis though.

Our role is not to understand. It is to accept that we are invariably wrong and not able to understand.

Pretty much this. Unless one of those qb's is a real stud(unlikely), the Captain is going down with the ship.

I disagree with KF's decision to bring back Gerg Davis.

bryannolnekf.gif

Last edited:
from a 4-8 season. Yes, it is.

Especially if you compare the schedule for next season and this season.

I think that is why this season was a huge disappointment for a lot of fans. As the season went on it really showed how easy Iowa's schedule was and how bad the B1G was as a whole and after the MSU game how truly bad Iowa really was this year.

If Iowa wins 7 games next season, I would consider it a vast improvement. Especially if the offense doesn't suck so bad that is it truly hard to watch, like it was this season.

I expect the defense and the offense to be better next season, the question is how much better? No one can tell at this time. I don't expect much of an improvement because I have lost hope that Ferentz will adapt to his players abilities and strengths instead of trying to get them to play "his game" just because he is married to it and he believes "it gives them the best chance to win", but almost anything would be better than what we saw this year.