Greg Davis will be back in 2013

Jon Miller ‏@HawkeyeNation
Will Davis be OC in 2013: as far as I know was Kirks answer

So Kirk did leave the door open. Maybe he and Davis are having a "meeting" tomorrow, and Davis will announce his retirement on Friday. So right at this moment, he's the coach, but no contracts have been signed yet. It's a long shot, but...

g1347396400902062903.jpg

Gary Barta just lost his job next year. KF will be here at least another 2-3 years. Anything like this season, and GB will be collecting unemployment....

Well, at least I can count on my stress level being drastically reduced on Saturday's next fall. Since I will have zero expectations for next years team I can just sit back and watch them lose as I expect them to. I wonder if I can bet the under for the entire 2013 season right now. . .

How KF cannot get any heat over this hire is beyond me. How can KF seriously look back at 2012 and not fire this guy, nothing good came out of this at all. It just blows my mind.

Would love KF as a boss. You can have the worst production EVER, and not worry about losing your job. GD would have been fired at any other school.

You have to remember that he's a government employee. It's good work, if you can get it.

So Kirk did leave the door open. Maybe he and Davis are having a "meeting" tomorrow, and Davis will announce his retirement on Friday. So right at this moment, he's the coach, but no contracts have been signed yet. It's a long shot, but...

g1347396400902062903.jpg

marcmorehouse ‏@marcmorehouse Greg Davis will be visiting a recruit this weekend.

Blows a hole in that theory....

**Calls Northwestern ticket office**

Good news, I can get my 40 yard line tickets next year for $240 again and will get to see Michigan and OSU playing!!!!

When I first got them, I was just disappointed with the Hawks, irked at the prices given the quality of the product and getting sick of the long drive. 2012 was just a little bit of apathy, but I still loved them. I think that right now, I might actually hate the head coach and AD and maybe even the program as a whole.

maybe today he was testing the waters to gauge fan reaction....ah hell who am I kidding. GDGD will be Offensive motherloving Coordinator for as long as he wants.

Seriously, if next year's team goes right back to the ineffective horizontal passing game and continually goes 3 and out, how bad will the boos be? I can foresee it getting worse as the season goes on. Hopefully I'm wrong and Rudock comes in and is more effective.

Re: Davis officially staying per Kirk

Did you really think this pathetic excuse for coach would change?

Ferentz couldn't change if you put a dollar bill on one hand, and 4 quarters in his other hand.

Time to write Barta.

At this point, I would rather have GameDay Ron calling plays.

No. He would get Revolt LL225 all over the balls and we wouldn't even be able to handle to C to QB exchange. On the other hand, maybe the greased pig offense would have a better chance of scoring than GD's offense.

Seriously, if next year's team goes right back to the ineffective horizontal passing game and continually goes 3 and out, how bad will the boos be? I can foresee it getting worse as the season goes on. Hopefully I'm wrong and Rudock comes in and is more effective.

True. Disappointment and apathy will turn to frustration and antipathy.

Start printing the "Fire Everybody" black and gold t-shirts.

Re: Davis officially staying per Kirk

Can't wait for the same ol' same ol' chitty Iowa offense to roll out there next year.