Greg Davis Still Sucks

I agree. His route combinations and scheme are unbelievable to me. 3rd and 7, man coverage...everyone run 5 yds. and turn around and act like a statue. That was about every 3rd down play that we threw the ball. I can't believe he hasn't heard of running rub routes and crossing routes against man coverage........He can't leave fast enough for me. Thank goodness we've had a couple pretty good QB's (Rudock, CJ) since he's been here, that could 'salvage' plays even in his scheme. Can you imagine what Rudock and CJ could do with a good coordinator? Oh, we saw what Rudock could do last year....:)

The way our passing game was looking it probably would have been picked... but in ol ferentz style they nearly got too conservative there at the end.

I can't think of anything more depressing than Kirk creating a program where shooting for the endzone to win a game isn't even an option. But apparently that's where we are.

I can't think of anything more depressing than Kirk creating a program where shooting for the endzone to win a game isn't even an option. But apparently that's where we are.
Watch the end of the Minny-Debby game then get back to us..........

We were there last year as well. The wins just blinded most people.

Well.... I don't like it. But one of the worse passing offenses against one of the best passing defenses in the nation.

Honestly even in the NFL you see coaches play for the field goal most of the time without throwing the ball in the endzone commonly.

I agree. His route combinations and scheme are unbelievable to me. 3rd and 7, man coverage...everyone run 5 yds. and turn around and act like a statue. That was about every 3rd down play that we threw the ball. I can't believe he hasn't heard of running rub routes and crossing routes against man coverage........He can't leave fast enough for me. Thank goodness we've had a couple pretty good QB's (Rudock, CJ) since he's been here, that could 'salvage' plays even in his scheme. Can you imagine what Rudock and CJ could do with a good coordinator? Oh, we saw what Rudock could do last year....:)

Indeed. You gotta design plays that get you past the freakin marker for crissakes

I didn't have a problem with the interception playcall. It was open, Michigan dared us to go deep by stacking the box and going 1 on 1. In this scenario, (and it hurts me to say this) it was lack of execution.

Reactions: trj
I didn't have a problem with the interception playcall. It was open, Michigan dared us to go deep by stacking the box and going 1 on 1. In this scenario, (and it hurts me to say this) it was lack of execution.

Agreed, that would have a TD if it wasn't so poorly under thrown. Was happy to see CJ of last year show up on that last possession.

Latest posts