Greg Davis Still Sucks

Pat Fitzgerald has made a living from sending smallish receivers, fullbacks and running backs on safe patterns 5 yards past the LOS and to stand by the sideline. The defense guards the rest of their receivers downfield and if no one is open they throw it to these wide open guys by the sideline to gain at least 5 yards. If they make you miss they get more yards. It aint rocket science but for some reason we are flunking the test. Seimeion , Thorson, Persa and others look great in their offense.

Totally agree. Their are lots of system out there that can move the ball through the air with much less talent at WR.

hen you are being stupid and lying I will call you out. Only I don't use words like Douche. OK then, you are being a douche.
Not sure why you are saying I'm a liar. You said in your post that Rice didn't run precise routes. I'd say that 90%+ of all NFL receivers are gonna run pretty precise routes, and you don't think Rice ran them precisely. So I guess I just took that to mean he didn't run very good routes.

I love how you act like you never say a bad word about others, only if they "attack you". Yet you come at me calling me stupid and a liar because I don't believe something that you posted???? (that Rice didn't run good routes/precise routes, however you want to split hairs here). Before that you attacked a guy who felt that Rice wasn't all that fast by NFL standards. Yep, you is Mr. innocent over there, never a bad word to say about others (unless they disagree with you that is).

Whatever Dean. Have a nice day. Guess you don't have a monopoly on grudges. And you did lie with a stupid statement. And you do throw out insults...not liking it when fired back on.

Whatever Dean. Have a nice day. Guess you don't have a monopoly on grudges. And you did lie with a stupid statement. And you do throw out insults...not liking it when fired back on.

You said Rice didn't run precise routes, I simply disagreed with that. How is that a "grudge" about anything?

Totally agree. Their are lots of system out there that can move the ball through the air with much less talent at WR.

That screen pass for a TD was a nice call by GDGD. However, Greg Davis does suck. He's neutered CJ to the point where his degraded performance will cause him not to get drafted.

I am really getting sick of this set of WRs. Their routes suck. They drop way too many balls (McCarron, Fant, Falconer, Scheel), they don't high point balls, and they need to have urgency in changing routes and continue trying to get open when CJ scrambles (though in all honesty, he doesn't scramble anymore and is holding the ball too long). WRs are flashing open and he's not throwing! Lastly, is Scheel ever goign to produce. I hear he's All-World in practice. Is the stage too big when 70k are in the house?

Thank God they are finally getting the ball to Wadley. Coaching staff screwed around for two years waiting for him to gain 5 pounds. Make him the damn feature back already.

You said Rice didn't run precise routes, I simply disagreed with that. How is that a "grudge" about anything?

I'm just tired of you and your antics. You did twist what was said. You did say you held a grudge. Either way I still think you are an idiot. And I guess, yes I hold a grudge toward you like what you admitted you had toward me.

Now back to regular programming.

I'm just tired of you and your antics. You did twist what was said. You did say you held a grudge. Either way I still think you are an idiot. And I guess, yes I hold a grudge toward you like what you admitted you had toward me.

Now back to regular programming.

Hey Gold, I'm proud of you. These are all things that I already knew, but for some reason you tried to deny to yourself. The first step is admitting your problem, so kudos on that!

I don't hold grudges on here though Gold, as my list would be tooooo long with posters I've disagreed with (I think I've disagreed with everyone on here from time to time). I'm not sure how thinking Rice was a good route runner is a grudge....but whatever man, have a nice day!

Hey Gold, I'm proud of you. These are all things that I already knew, but for some reason you tried to deny to yourself. The first step is admitting your problem, so kudos on that!

I don't hold grudges on here though Gold, as my list would be tooooo long with posters I've disagreed with (I think I've disagreed with everyone on here from time to time). I'm not sure how thinking Rice was a good route runner is a grudge....but whatever man, have a nice day!

You just lied again and you know that. I'm not going to waste my time for your quote, but you know it. Have a good day.

I am thrilled for the win but GD needs to go. Game ball to Defense and Wadley.
GUESS WHAT? The cap is the play caller its his ship.gd does some YES BUT THE THEME DIRECTION. IS CAP.GD DEFLECTS HEAT FROM CAP.CAP SITS IN ON OFFENSIVE PLANNING PLAY CALLING.UGH.

Except this entire conversation is talking about the last drive and not the game overall.
This thread entitled "Greg Davis still sucks" has run the gamut of proposed Davis suckage to Jerry Rice's speed to KF's acumen in the use of game clock at the end of the Michigan game to the quality of Iowa's receivers to the quality of Davis' pass routes... I don't think you have the right to decide this thread now only addresses the strategy used by Iowa at the end of the Michigan game.

FranklinHawk said:
"You point out a key aspect some are missing, KF didn't want any time left on the clock for Michigan to take another shot. I thought that last drive was very well played."

To which I responded:
"Slow, methodical drives compresses the offense and their defense into 10-20 yard boxes. Taking shots downfield opens up more of the field. More than one down-the-field-shot should be taken in a game. The downfield shot(s) should be taken earlier in games unless it's a last ditch effort to score.

One doesn't employ slow, methodical offenses for the entirety of games just to take time off game clocks on general principle (unless one is KF). One takes time off game clocks with slow, methodical drives for specific situations."

In other words, if there was any specific strategy on KF's part to use up game clock at the end of the Michigan game that was because that is KF's perpetual goal for the offense.. To use up game clock on offense - and defense - .

In other words, if there was any specific strategy on KF's part to use up game clock at the end of the Michigan game that was because that is KF's perpetual goal for the offense.. To use up game clock on offense - and defense - .

Winner winner chicken dinner. That winning drive of genius wasn't brilliant end-game strategy. It was the behavior of a one-trick pony who spends 99% of his time with crossed fingers wishing for luck on game day.

KF designs and game plans the route combos? KF calls the plays? Have you EVER seen KF with a play chart in his hands? You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, but always good to hear un-informed opinions from the 'crazies' out there..........,lol

Kirk gets too much of the blame form bad offensive performances. He's not calling plays and I've never seen him show any sign of over ruling or calling a play in game. He mostly just writes penalties in his little notebook over his knee, which makes no sense when you actually can see that stuff on game film.

Kirk gets too much of the blame form bad offensive performances.

Bad offensive performances are an obvious, multi-year problem. None of us knows how involved KF is in the offense - he's not at all, he calls every play, or something in between. But, it doesn't matter - as the HC, he's responsible for correcting problems.

There were a number of throws that if CJ hit on them, they would have changed the complexion of the game. The Michigan defense just didn't give CJ time to throw accurately. Or maybe it was all on CJ. Either way. They were good calls.

If Iowa starts hitting some of those passes, the next 3 games the offense could open up. But a lot of it is on CJ, he isn't the player he was last year. Again is this on GD? Seems to be a reoccurring theme. Great as a junior, mediocre as a senior.

Winner winner chicken dinner. That winning drive of genius wasn't brilliant end-game strategy. It was the behavior of a one-trick pony who spends 99% of his time with crossed fingers wishing for luck on game day.

The goal of that drive always was and always should have been to win the game. You win the game with a FG and your % of getting a FG are much, much greater than a TD, it isn't even close.

The secondary goal (after a FG) here is to give Michigan 0 seconds on the clock after you take the lead (taking the lead it obviously goal #1). Just listen to Harbaugh interview, he was trying to use TO to save time to get the ball back. When Iowa got that first down on the QB sneak, that was game set and match. Iowa lined up for the FG and made the kick.

If given a choice of scoring a TD with 30 seconds left or kicking a FG with 0 seconds left you would have to be a fool to give the opponent the ball back with a chance to win.

If you are complaining about this it simply means you are grinding your axe, or don't know shit about football. Either way not a good look for you while the entire football program, the national pundits, and the rest of us fans are basking in the victory.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18047612

The goal of that drive always was and always should have been to win the game. You win the game with a FG and your % of getting a FG are much, much greater than a TD, it isn't even close...

If you are complaining about this it simply means you are grinding your axe, or don't know shit about football. Either way not a good look for you while the entire football program, the national pundits, and the rest of us fans are basking in the victory.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18047612
Ahead by 20 points and on defense/offense? KF milks the game clock.
Behind by 20 points and on defense/offense? KF milks the game clock.
Tied and on defense/offense? KF milks the game clock.
Behind with little time on the game clock and on defense/offense? KF milks the game clock.
Ahead with little time on the game clock and on defense/offense? KF milks the game clock.
MILK THE GAME CLOCK is KF's mantra throughout the entire game under all circumstances. Why do you give KF credit, here, for milking the game clock at the end of the Michigan game?

This is like complimenting the sun for coming up in the morning and going down in the evening. That's what it's gonna do anyway. Just like KF taking time off the game clock, No specific strategy for the end of the game. That's what KF is gonna do anyway.

Side note: Can you imagine what transpires if the OC suggests no-huddle offense? Does it take time off the game clock? There's your answer.
Can you imagine what transpires if the OC suggests a faster, less sturdy and more elusive running back that doesn't block like a O Lineman? Does it take time off the game clock? There's your answer.
Can you imagine what transpires if the OC suggests taking shots down the field? Does it take time off the game clock? There's you answer.

Stop blaming every Iowa offensive foible on the OC.

Last edited:
Ahead by 20 points and on defense/offense? KF milks the game clock.
Behind by 20 points and on defense/offense? KF milks the game clock.
Tied and on defense/offense? KF milks the game clock.
Behind with little time on the game clock and on defense/offense? KF milks the game clock.
Ahead with little time on the game clock and on defense/offense? KF milks the game clock.
MILK THE GAME CLOCK is KF's mantra throughout the entire game under all circumstances. Why do you give KF credit, here, for milking the game clock at the end of the Michigan game?

This is like complimenting the sun for coming up in the morning and going down in the evening. That's what it's gonna do anyway. Just like KF taking time off the game clock, No specific strategy for the end of the game. That's what KF is gonna do anyway.

Can you imagine what transpires if the OC suggests no-huddle offense?
Can you imagine what transpires if the OC suggests a faster, less sturdy and more elusive running back that doesn't block like a O Lineman?
Can you imagine what transpires if the OC suggests taking shots down the field?

This is so full of stupid I don't even know where to start. Saturday night and last year must have been miserable for you, watching KF "luck" into win after win after win.

This is so full of stupid I don't even know where to start. Saturday night and last year must have been miserable for you, watching KF "luck" into win after win after win.
Let's just talk about the Michigan win which Iowa lucked into. First of all, the Michigan offensive game plan was the worst ever. Worked right into the strengths of Iowa's defense. Michigan didn't use their athleticism against the lack of the use of athleticism of Iowa's defense. Then Michigan's QB got hurt in the final quarter. Luck. Ninety-nine times out of 100...

Last edited:
Let's just talk about the Michigan win which Iowa lucked into. First of all, the Michigan offensive game plan was the worst ever game plan. Worked right into the strengths of Iowa's defense. Michigan didn't use their athleticism against the lack of the use of athleticism on Iowa's defense. Then Michigan's QB got hurt in the final quarter. Luck. Ninety-nine times out of 100...

One could say the same thing about Iowa losing to NDSU.....luck.....99 times out of 100 NDSU doesn't win that game, yet they did.

You might want to get out of your hatred box, and try looking at things with a non hatred eye. Listen to the Miller and Deace podcast and see what a Michigan fan thinks. Deace thinks that KF completely and totally out coached Harbaugh. KF forced Harbaugh into HIS game, stared him down, and made Harbaugh "blink" or panic.

I'm just glad that 99% of the football world thinks like me. Ask any pundit or talking head, and they will tell you that Iowa and KF simply out coached and out played Michigan. Heck that is the first words out of Deaces' mouth were that the team the deserved to win, won the game. Much like I said NDSU deserved to beat Iowa and they did. Iowa took it to Michigan, traded punches with them and knocked them out at the end.

Latest posts