Gesell Possibly Committing today per TOS

recruit_gesellm_576.jpg

The dude looks cut lol

Is it just me or does he look a little like Drew Tate?

Also this gives us two gingers on the team, isn't there some sort of NCAA regulation against that?

"Gesell is on track to be South Sioux City’s valedictorian next year." - The Gazette.

This is pretty important for the point guard position.

"Gesell is on track to be South Sioux City’s valedictorian next year." - The Gazette.

Meh. I'm not saying it can't help, but plenty of kids that are book smart have no clue what's happening on the court. A high IQ for the game is much more important than a high IQ. Which he also has.

Still it says quite a bit about him, and none of it's bad.

A lot of the time, smart kids do well in positions that force them to make quick decisions (i.e. - PG, QB, etc...)

With his grades, Mike would have made it easily into Stanford and there's a reason Harvard was after him too.

A lot of the time, smart kids do well in positions that force them to make quick decisions (i.e. - PG, QB, etc...)

With his grades, Mike would have made it easily into Stanford and there's a reason Harvard was after him too.

That's kind of what I was thinking. It helps to make good decisions, not just distributing but also calculating to help cut down on turnovers.

Vandenburg is also a smarty pants. :p:p:p:p:p

We'll see how it translates.

That's kind of what I was thinking. It helps to make good decisions, not just distributing but also calculating to help cut down on turnovers.

Vandenburg is also a smarty pants. :p:p:p:p:p

We'll see how it translates.

Yes, but Vandenberg's mom is smokin' hot...and that's all that really matters since she'll be grabbing some air time after each play...:D

Question for posters who have seen Gesell play....is he a bigger, stronger version of Brody Boyd?

A combo guard that could play the point but could also be a "score first" point guard.

Question for posters who have seen Gesell play....is he a bigger, stronger version of Brody Boyd?

A combo guard that could play the point but could also be a "score first" point guard.
Brody was a better shooter (at this point), better on-ball defender.
Gesell is better built, has better handles, and can get in the lane better when comparing them as freshman.

I haven't seen him play in person, but have talked w/ people who have.

Not saying he is Kirk Hinrich, but he reminds of Kirk in his ability to create. Brody Boyd, who someone asked if that was a comparison, was never a guy that could really create a whole lot for himself if I remember correctly. Mike has a lot of skills from the video of seen on him. Definitely overshadowed by Marcus Paige.

gesell is some sort of combination of jeff horner and ben jacobson.

I think that is a very good comparison. He just seems so much more fluid than Horner, more in the Jacobson or Hinrich mold. Ben was a fine player. Horner was a very tough player.