Gesell Possibly Committing today per TOS

I thought everyone said Abrahamson is a looooong shot for Iowa?

Yep. I was one of those that thought(and stated) that as well. For the longest time it was thought that Abrahamson didn't have much interest in Iowa. But after we offered and he started to familiarize himself with the coaching staff, it sounds like he is high on Iowa now. Doesn't mean he will commit to us by any means. But it does mean that our chances seem better than they did 3 months ago.

Can't wait to hear the news on Gesell. I'm not gonna get **** done today.

Glad to hear the news, but if I where a kid making my announcement this afternoon, I would be a little torqued at my high school coach for leaking the story.

Glad to hear the news, but if I where a kid making my announcement this afternoon, I would be a little torqued at my high school coach for leaking the story.

Yeah, no doubt...I think some folks had this story, and were honoring Mike's desire to keep it under wraps until he announced it.

Sounds like the HS coach may have stolen some of his thunder,but I get the impression that Mike Gesell is not hung up on having a huge moment in the sun,just by how this announcement came out of nowhere...no announcing an announcement day a month in advance for Mike...just decided to do it,and is going to do it,out of the blue. I suspect he is our kind of blue-collar hard-working gym rat baller...very pleased to get this one in the bank...Rivals #89 for 2012...highest rated recruit on Rivals since Matt Gatens....all good..now,come on over,Woody!

Doesn't really look that impressive to me..... looking at the high-lite video on the front page he is really good at finger roll lay-ups.

Last edited:
Doesn't really look that impressive to me..... looking at the high-lite video on the front page he is really good at finger roll lay-ups.

That video was all I could find and lacking other options I used it. It's not a total representation of his game at all.

The kid is a good player.

Latest posts