Future Of The Program

Worst of all by keeping Fran around another year will cripple the roster. Conner, Pat and CJ Fredrickson will all probably follow him where ever he lands. Imagine being the new coach at Iowa and having to fill 8 roster spots in 1 year.
This roster is already crippled . It can’t get any worse in regards to athleticism . It only has one way to go and that’s up . The next coach will have it easy

I'm wondering if he figured out his kids arent going to add much and wants to move on. Getting fired in several years with his kids on the team would not be pleasant. The timing of CMs elective surgery started me down that path.

The other angle is that is in this might be how coachable his kids are for him. Honestly he emotionally checked out yesterday.

As opposed to being somewhat relevant in Huxley. I realize you guys had a really good run of late, but this is what you are doing with your boredom from one bad year?

Man, the stink of Frans program is hitting you hard.

Worst of all by keeping Fran around another year will cripple the roster. Conner, Pat and CJ Fredrickson will all probably follow him where ever he lands. Imagine being the new coach at Iowa and having to fill 8 roster spots in 1 year.

Probably a chance worth taking

Watching Rutgers at Michigan right now. Michigan spreads the floor on offense, mucho spacing and passes the MFing ball around. Astonishing.....

On D they play a CLOSE Man to Man. They are in the grills of the Scarlet Knights. What a difference it would make to have a coach on the team who understands D. Not certain if it is Fran imposing his run and gun offense which trumps all else, or if there is really not an assistant coach who has the capability of teaching the basic strategies of playing Defense.....

Frustrating to watch any other team this season.....

I have been thinking that we underestimated the importance of having a scorer on the team like Peter Jok. He had the ability to get a shot off quickly and had the height to shoot over the guards on the perimeter. Last season he had Bo to take some of the attention away. This season we only have Jordan to carry the scoring load on the perimeter and he is hounded viciously the entire game.....

Perhaps next season things will change a bit when JoeW enters the scene. If only we had a legitimate point guard to supplement the shooters. Noone on the team, other than Connor, has the slightest clue about passing the ball. We are an unorganized mess on offense.....

Watching Purdue execute their offense to perfection was painful to watch. Of course, they are almost as good as it gets this season. Expert spacing and passing open a lot of doors.....

Garza grew up in the BigTen yesterday. What a game he had. Not many players would return to the court so quickly after that vicious slam to the face. That pig Haas should have been arrested for attempted murder.....

He could become the team leader with his enthusiasm. ....

This season is over and has been for a long time. There were a couple of bright spots, the Colorado and Illinois games. Although the first half against Illinois was underwhelming for certain. Still going to watch the rest of the games, without investing a lot of emotion into it. Just going to watch to hopefully observe some improvement in every aspect of the game, teamwise and individually.....

:cool:

I will not mention the importance of capable and aggressive screening.....

Still, nobody seems to come out to help Jordan when he is dribbling around almost the entire possession. Teammates should be running out to help. Standing around watching him dribble out of trouble for 20/30 seconds every possession will not win very many games.....

Spacing and movement, once again, cannot be overrated.....

Complete rebuild is necessary. There is not enough time this season to do this. After the Rutgers disaster near NYC, we played the third best team in America at 11 AM, three days later. Impossible task for this team, this season.....

I do believe Fran is going to get another year, perhaps to the end of his contract. Nothing can be done about that. Just more hope for the upcoming season, once again, rinse and repeat every year.....

I looked at the schedule and had a senior moment and thought we played tomorrow at 11 vice today. So mercifully I only watched the second half and missed what sounds like one of the most inept halves of Iowa basketball in my lifetime. I came away from the game thinking that Luka Garza seems an enigma on this team as the only player who looks like even gives a shit. Ellingson also gave us some good minutes and should continue to play if he continues to give us that kind of effort but he very likely graduates and moves on after the season.

Garza IMO seems like a building block for the future and with the right coach can probably learn to defend. I honestly don't see a future with this group of players and Fran at the helm. We have a handful of keepers in Bohannon, Cook and Garza and out of that group who knows if Cook will even return next season? We play just atrocious basketball and I just don't see any silver linings in this mess. Think we have interesting times ahead seeing how things play out with the program and watching that will provide far more entertainment than watching this lifeless team play.

I thought the game was today also. Looked at the TV guide and got to watch the entire game. Hooray.....

Garza has the enthusiasm and talent to be very good. He needs to work on technique and footwork. His screening for the point guard, bringing the ball downcourt, needs work. Jordan also needs to dribble whoever is guarding him into a hard screen.....

We also need to make our touch fouls count. Put Them on the Floor, for the love of Mike.....

Put that in for my pal, Mike.....

This roster is already crippled . It can’t get any worse in regards to athleticism . It only has one way to go and that’s up . The next coach will have it easy

I'm sorry, but I can't take you seriously. On one hand you say the roster is already void of athleticism and then say the next coach would have it easy.

Man, the stink of Frans program is hitting you hard.

Not really...... I just find it funny you don’t have anything better to do. One down year and you deal with your boredom by engaging with Hawkeye fans about their misery. Maybe you should try running a troll like your boy hawk5656 that might cure you of some of your boredom.

Not really...... I just find it funny you don’t have anything better to do. One down year and you deal with your boredom by engaging with Hawkeye fans about their misery. Maybe you should try running a troll like your boy hawk5656 that might cure you of some of your boredom.

Jfc dude. Its a message board not the Oprah show.. Maybe you should go snuggle with Deanvogs to feel better about your life.

Jfc dude. Its a message board not the Oprah show.. Maybe you should go snuggle with Deanvogs to feel better about your life.

I am not the one getting emotional on a message board. If this is how you entertain yourself, don’t let me stop you, brother.

Another self-appointed board monitor.
And he's telling others they need to find something better to do with their time. ROTFLMAO

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Another self-appointed board monitor.
And he's telling others they need to find something better to do with their time. ROTFLMAO

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not at all, not even remotely close. If that makes you feel better by labeling me a “self-appointed board monitor” by all means go for it. No one will care including me.

One down year? I think the problem with most Iowa fans is that it feels like a bunch of down years. This is a horrible year. It is so bad that it sucks the life out of the previous years. Those years still did not exactly have a climactic end. Most of our seasons have ended with a feeling of under performance. Today's environment affords good will for previous accomplishments for about 24 hours.

I think most fans say sure down seasons happen. If this was Bill Self or Izzo or Coach K or Williams this bad of a season would be flushable. For a guy like Fran with no previous program break throughs I just don't see how a full collapse season can be overcome.

One down year? I think the problem with most Iowa fans is that it feels like a bunch of down years. This is a horrible year. It is so bad that it sucks the life out of the previous years. Those years still did not exactly have a climactic end. Most of our seasons have ended with a feeling of under performance. Today's environment affords good will for previous accomplishments for about 24 hours.

I think most fans say sure down seasons happen. If this was Bill Self or Izzo or Coach K or Williams this bad of a season would be flushable. For a guy like Fran with no previous program break throughs I just don't see how a full collapse season can be overcome.

One down year?
Did he really say that?
LMAO

I meant down year for Iowa St.

Yeah, just my perspective but Fran has had more than one disappointing season. But Jon said it's just one, so now others are repeating it. Monkey see, monkey do.

I think of all the games blown late in year 3 that cost us an NCAA bid, the year we made the NIT finals. Then the epic meltdowns in years 4 and 6. And this year. So for me, 4 of 8 seasons, or half, have been disappointing, or at best, "what should have been".

Latest posts