Future Of The Program

If Iowa only had a coach that had a track record for developing "potential" talent in place. Somebody that could take guys and make them into all conference guys like Iowa has had the last 4 years.

You missed my point... my comment was on the "potential" comment. I've never heard of a player getting all conference because he could be a great player. All-conference is earned, it's not something given out because a player has potential. I hope they pan out, but for every all conference player Fran has developed I'm willing to bet there was another guy on that roster that had a ton of "potential" but never panned out.

He said he supports a coach until he is fired. You realize that type of "support" is how Hitler rose to power. Do you want Hitler to rise from the grave and assume power again? Well then you better start demanding better critical thinking skills from you fellow Hawkeye.
(every day I have to save humanity from evil with zero help, God I am amazing)

Nobody likes you.

You missed my point... my comment was on the "potential" comment. I've never heard of a player getting all conference because he could be a great player. All-conference is earned, it's not something given out because a player has potential. I hope they pan out, but for every all conference player Fran has developed I'm willing to bet there was another guy on that roster that had a ton of "potential" but never panned out.

sure... not many coaches are going to get every bit out of every player. But I get your point. My point is he's proven to be able to develop guys since he's been here. It's all good, you're entitled to your opinion on Fran.

I got more "likes" than you.

Ha!! The hero known as Josh Brown defeats another boy from Brazil and chuckles while doing it.

You got me there, if I had as many dongs running around liking my post that call other people fans of Hitler and Joe Paterno I guess I could get to your level.

sure... not many coaches are going to get every bit out of every player. But I get your point. My point is he's proven to be able to develop guys since he's been here. It's all good, you're entitled to your opinion on Fran.

That's cool and I'm totally ok with your position as well since message boards are about conflicting ideology. I hope he continues to develop those guys, but my original comment was geared toward "potential". Potential is a great thing, but if it's even brought up it means the player/team has not become a complete product and is still a work in progress. I'm simply saying that potential doesn't mean anything in terms of wins and losses.

That's cool and I'm totally ok with your position as well since message boards are about conflicting ideology. I hope he continues to develop those guys, but my original comment was geared toward "potential". Potential is a great thing, but if it's even brought up it means the player/team has not become a complete product and is still a work in progress. I'm simply saying that potential doesn't mean anything in terms of wins and losses.

I agree.

Latest posts