Future Of The Program

KatoZenti

This season has gotten away from this team and players start thinking about the future.

When looking at the current roster, Dom Uhl is the lone senior we'll lose after the season. Everybody else is back so we think.

Any thoughts on who leaves and who stays?

I'm hoping Fran doesn't stay. Done. You don't fire a coach after one bad season but there is a level below bad that is... embarrassing, quit, incompetent, horrendous, 7th circle of hell. We're there. #FireFran and Barta while we're at it.

Play the 2 freshman as much as possible just to get them experience. They should only come out when they need a break. By the time they become Juniors we might have found an actual guard who can help.......maybe... pry not. The rest, I don’t care.

I loved Pemsl last year. What the heck happened. If I were coach he wouldn't see the court. Neither would Moss. A 50/50 loose ball for Moss is when the opponent is 10 feet away and he is 3 feet away.
IDK, sophmore slump? He has just flat out awful. Every time he touches the ball I cringe. It's like he has two left feet and his hands are covered in butter

I'm hoping Fran doesn't stay. Done. You don't fire a coach after one bad season but there is a level below bad that is... embarrassing, quit, incompetent, horrendous, 7th circle of hell. We're there. #FireFran and Barta while we're at it.
Say what you want about little Lick, but at least he played hard

Say what you want about little Lick, but at least he played hard

What happened to Baer playing hard? He used to be all over the boards andall over on help defense. Did he just give up because he was sick of being the only guy who tries?

This is totally about Fran. An effect is the talent level, but it's on Fran.

Not totally. That block on one of our front-court players--who had an open layup and should have slammed that b*tch home--was bad enough. The fact he half-assed it back upcourt, then showed no emotion/embarrassment//toughness was truly a low point for me. It got lower when Fran didn't bench him then and there, but the play was on the player, not Fran.

This team has little / no B10 level talent.
Fran has had time to get his players and culture into place.
Year 9 wont be any better.
If this is the best Fran can put on the court in 8 years, then it is time for him to go.

Wagner could leave for all I care, he just isn't good enough to be in the Big 10.

Come on guys...don't take shots at players. Fran...fair game in my opinion as he's getting paid big bucks to put that team on the floor. Again, I wouldn't be complaining about Fran if this team was competing the way they can. Just freaking compete...expend your energy...make the other team work. Don't go through the motions. Seriously...that was the worst I've seen an Iowa team play offense in a long long time. No energy.

Wagner...should be playing football...that I would like to see. If I was him...I'd give that a shot this spring.

I looked at the schedule and had a senior moment and thought we played tomorrow at 11 vice today. So mercifully I only watched the second half and missed what sounds like one of the most inept halves of Iowa basketball in my lifetime. I came away from the game thinking that Luka Garza seems an enigma on this team as the only player who looks like even gives a shit. Ellingson also gave us some good minutes and should continue to play if he continues to give us that kind of effort but he very likely graduates and moves on after the season.

Garza IMO seems like a building block for the future and with the right coach can probably learn to defend. I honestly don't see a future with this group of players and Fran at the helm. We have a handful of keepers in Bohannon, Cook and Garza and out of that group who knows if Cook will even return next season? We play just atrocious basketball and I just don't see any silver linings in this mess. Think we have interesting times ahead seeing how things play out with the program and watching that will provide far more entertainment than watching this lifeless team play.

This season has gotten away from this team and players start thinking about the future.

When looking at the current roster, Dom Uhl is the lone senior we'll lose after the season. Everybody else is back so we think.

Any thoughts on who leaves and who stays?

Some of you need to stick with wrestling. It’s guard play. J-Bo is not willing to play defense. Scared, overmatched-I’m not sure why. Brady E. is too slow, Moss isn’t a great defender and MD is 6’7” so trying to stay with quick guys will be challenging. Cook doesn’t have consistent effort but it’s easier to hide bigs.

J-Bo should be a spark off the bench guy. Not sure he would play, given his shortcomings on defense, for any other b10 team. Next year, I am okay with Brady E., Moss looking to leave. Bring in JUCO or grad transfer guards with toughness and physicality. If J-Bo decides to play D next year, he plays, if not, he comes off the bench.

Latest posts