Future Of The Program

The problem I see at Iowa is that this team is going to be practicing against one another to get better. That's not like steel sharpening steel if you know what I mean. I agree with all comments about Garza. He's the leader of this team in my opinion. He's going to keep getting stronger and better. Surround him with like minded players.

I get frustrated watching this team. When things aren't going well, you have to score multiple ways...transition, offensive rebounding, getting fouled. We just run the offense, throw it up, and run to the other end. If I'm Fran today, I'm sending everyone to the offensive glass and if we get beat in transition...it's a two. Better than watching them shoot 15-20 from three...and that's 15 more points. We were better on the glass in the second half...but man...that was crazy.

I'll give you that and don't know tht Brady belongs in the regular rotation. He at least looked like he cared which seemed a step above what we got from anybody else on the floor other than Garza.
Riley Till is a 6’7 guard I wonder if Moss can even score on him in practice . .........Moss 3 Charlie Rose 2

Some of you need to stick with wrestling. It’s guard play. J-Bo is not willing to play defense. Scared, overmatched-I’m not sure why. Brady E. is too slow, Moss isn’t a great defender and MD is 6’7” so trying to stay with quick guys will be challenging. Cook doesn’t have consistent effort but it’s easier to hide bigs.

J-Bo should be a spark off the bench guy. Not sure he would play, given his shortcomings on defense, for any other b10 team. Next year, I am okay with Brady E., Moss looking to leave. Bring in JUCO or grad transfer guards with toughness and physicality. If J-Bo decides to play D next year, he plays, if not, he comes off the bench.
Coach has 2 more years.today talk with players.get on same page.FIGHT like hawks.Everybody look in mirror.When season done talk more about future.NEXT....

I'll give you that and don't know tht Brady belongs in the regular rotation. He at least looked like he cared which seemed a step above what we got from anybody else on the floor other than Garza.
Of course the sub par talent looks like they care when they get some PT. Duh.

Of course the sub par talent looks like they care when they get some PT. Duh.

Guess I don't see any reason for a comment like this. Give Ellingson some credit for coming in off the bench and playing with some effort which we saw from nobody today not named Garza. We have more guys than Ellingson with subpar talent who get on the court and go through the motions. We need guys like Garza to light a fire under this team and if Ellingson can set an example as an upperclassman coming off the bench so much the better. Unfortunately he doesn't usually play as well as he did today which came when Purdue had emptied their bench. I want to see guys act like they want to be out there. That seems in short supply this season.

It kills me that we have to sit through at least one more year of this. Too many apologists out there making it okay for Iowa to be a laughing stock of the Big 10 for Fran to get fired. I can’t understand how anyone can defend him at this point.
If anyone thinks Fran can ever get us to a Sweet 16, they are delusional. Anyone who thinks the Sweet 16 is an unrealistic goal for Iowa is a loser. The longer we wait to fire him, the longer we have to wait for Iowa to be even slightly relevant again.

It kills me that we have to sit through at least one more year of this. Too many apologists out there making it okay for Iowa to be a laughing stock of the Big 10 for Fran to get fired. I can’t understand how anyone can defend him at this point.
If anyone thinks Fran can ever get us to a Sweet 16, they are delusional. Anyone who thinks the Sweet 16 is an unrealistic goal for Iowa is a loser. The longer we wait to fire him, the longer we have to wait for Iowa to be even slightly relevant again.

We've been nationally relevant while he's been here. This is one season.

They can finish this year strong, and make a big run in the big 10 tournament. The momentum will continue into next year, and they can be a major contender for the regular season big 10 championship.

They can finish this year strong, and make a big run in the big 10 tournament. The momentum will continue into next year, and they can be a major contender for the regular season big 10 championship.
giphy.gif

Being somewhat relevant in the Cedar Rapids metroplex is not the same as nationally relevant.

As opposed to being somewhat relevant in Huxley. I realize you guys had a really good run of late, but this is what you are doing with your boredom from one bad year?

Lick and Alford took mid major programs to the sweet 16 . That’s being relevant and that’s how they got the Iowa job. I’m still trying to figure out how Fran got this job. He has never taken one single program to the sweet 16 . Who did he beat out ? Who were the other candidates? Fran oozes irrelevance

Worst of all by keeping Fran around another year will cripple the roster. Conner, Pat and CJ Fredrickson will all probably follow him where ever he lands. Imagine being the new coach at Iowa and having to fill 8 roster spots in 1 year.

Latest posts