Fran told to cool it

We don't need Fran to leave cuz Delaney thinks his pecker is big.

I thought Alford was a once in a generation kind of coach and we wouldn't see another guy with his talent level in IC for another 20 or 30 years, but Fran is proving me wrong. My biggest fear is that Fran will get this ship turned around and move on to a more prestigious, higher paying gig in a few years anyway, similar to what Alford did. Delany is the least of my concerns right now.

What we need now is the student body showing up in support of Fran every game to tell Jim he's a *****. I really hope this sparks the fans. fingers crossed

I thought Alford was a once in a generation kind of coach and we wouldn't see another guy with his talent level in IC for another 20 or 30 years, but Fran is proving me wrong. My biggest fear is that Fran will get this ship turned around and move on to a more prestigious, higher paying gig in a few years anyway, similar to what Alford did. Delany is the least of my concerns right now.

Another example of how a Northwestern forum troll adds nothing to the forum.

Do some of you actually find this crap funny?

The one thing we know is that Iowa will pay a coach that they want to keep a very good salary. I'm sure we can match or exceed any offer he could get elsewhere. At his age, this may be his last stop. I could only see him leaving if he gets an offer from his dream school(don't know who that might be)

Another example of how a Northwestern forum troll adds nothing to the forum.

Do some of you actually find this crap funny?

So you aren't concerned with Fran being a target for a Duke/UNC/KU level program once he brings Iowa basketball fully back?

I understand what your saying Ok4prz but I think we will have Fran for a while unless the B1G kicks him out for coaching so well.

Yes, we can't allow the Big Ten storied image of even-keeled sportsmanship to be sullied. Bo Schembechler must be turning over in his grave.

I do a little mental test on behavior by asking myself whether I would have been bothered/upset by the same behavior from an opposing coach.

Fran's general passionate demeanor? It's ok from another coach.

Chair throwing? I (and most of this board) would have lots to say negatively if an opposing coach did it.

I understand what your saying Ok4prz but I think we will have Fran for a while unless the B1G kicks him out for coaching so well.

Having this squad at .500 right now is a miracle. A few weeks ago, most of us would have been happy with starting out 1-6 in the B10 given the schedule. Given the contributions from the young guys and the youngsters we have coming in, I wouldn't surprised to see this team do some serious damage in 2 years and Fran getting accolades as well overtures for more prestigious jobs notwithstanding his age. The coaching in the B10 is prolly the best in the country and Fran has a chance to show that he can hang with all of them.

Don't you have better things to do with your time then to troll and post stupid crap like this?

Pretty much all of OK4P's posts have more substance than your 2 most recent posts. If you cant take that there might be some sarcasm in his posts and still pick out the point he is trying to make than its your own fault.

Barta has shown he will bend over for a coach he wants to keep around. I'm not worried about Fran leaving.

Don't you have better things to do with your time then to troll and post stupid crap like this?

Lute and Alford both headed for greener pastures - don't you have some concern Fran will do the same? I merely pointed out that if Fran leaves, it won't be Delany and his goons who run him out, it will be a more prestigious program begging and paying very well for his services.

Latest posts