Fran told to cool it

Yeah, Alford was such a great head coach and in such demand that he couldn't even get a sniff from his alma mater in a state where he is still revered. Instead, they decided to go with a known cheater. Maybe his losing conference record affected their decision.

I still like the ChairSlam. It appeared to work wonders on the attitude of the team. They were a completely different team in the victory over Michigan Saturday. Many teams would have found it difficult to overcome the thrashing MSU put on the Hawks.

For some reason the game Saturday was very well called. I thought we received the benefit of a doubt on a few calls.

If all that is true, Fran should slam a chair a game from now on.....

It is a crying shame that the B1G authorities are putting the kibosh on an outstanding motivation technique.....

:D

Oh geez. While I get that maybe the chair slam was a bit much, how many other coaches in the B10 have thrown tantrums on a daily basis for years? Do you think Delaney has gotten an earful from some other coaches in the conference who feel threatened by what Fran is doing over here in Iowa City? To that I say, shut up and let them play.

If they felt threatened, which they don't, they would want him to continue to throw chairs and anything else he could find as that is the kind of thing that works against him.
Seriously, do you think this program has accomplished something this year that other coaches in the conference are worried about? Maybe in another year or two the Hawks will have reached a point where they will be pushing teams in the upper part of the conference standings.
Indiana is the one to worry about. They are playing at a high level and are out recruiting most teams in the conference.

If they felt threatened, which they don't, they would want him to continue to throw chairs and anything else he could find as that is the kind of thing that works against him.
Seriously, do you think this program has accomplished something this year that other coaches in the conference are worried about? Maybe in another year or two the Hawks will have reached a point where they will be pushing teams in the upper part of the conference standings.
Indiana is the one to worry about. They are playing at a high level and are out recruiting most teams in the conference.

Are you talking about 3-3 Indiana? The Indiana team we are tied with in the B10 standings?

So you aren't concerned with Fran being a target for a Duke/UNC/KU level program once he brings Iowa basketball fully back?
Not sure if it was supposed to make me laugh, but, this certainly did. How about seeing if Fran and the boys can win something before getting all worked up over the Duke succession plan that sees McCaffery carry on for coach K.

Are you talking about 3-3 Indiana? The Indiana team we are tied with in the B10 standings?
Yes that Indiana. The ones with the ridiculous striped warmups. So 6 games into the conference season you think the two programs are at a similar place? I think the Hoosiers are a couple years ahead in terms of stabilizing a program at a high level. Their recruiting right now is light years ahead of where the Hawks are. That is how I see it now. In a couple of years.........who knows?

Yes that Indiana. The ones with the ridiculous striped warmups. So 6 games into the conference season you think the two programs are at a similar place? I think the Hoosiers are a couple years ahead in terms of stabilizing a program at a high level. Their recruiting right now is light years ahead of where the Hawks are. That is how I see it now. In a couple of years.........who knows?

Do I think we are in exactly the same place as Indiana? No, I think they are slightly better, we don't have anyone of Cody Zeller's caliber. Do I think we are much, much closer to Indiana than to Ohio St? Yes.

Indiana has a ridiculous home court advantage. They have some of the best fans in the nation who have been waiting for this year for four years. They beat a Kentucky team filled with freshman who had never played in any environment remotely resembling Assembly Hall that day. They have certainly not looked much better than us in the B10 outside of their Ohio St upset. I watched them play OSU yesterday and I saw a lot of the same things I saw when Iowa played them. A less athletic team struggling to get looks against a much longer, quicker and deeper OSU team.

I think we split with Indiana this year.

if you were in army and in war with someone ,you dont mess with war plans.you dont tell commmand not to shoot just because someone else were complaining about their images not being good. you tell command carry on and worry about images later....

Glad they said something. Huge embarrassment to IOWA. That should be all it takes, Fran is smart enough to back off. Bobby Knight wasn't.

Latest posts