Fran Says Moss Wants Expanded Role

Hawkgold cant comprehend how anyone can make it through life. Some people have a sense of humor and some don't. Being a victim of abuse might make it less likely you have a sense of humor, but it doesn't make it impossible to have one.

He promotes debilitating grief in the name of being sensitive. In his defense though I will say that his method of thought is shared by most of the counselors I have ever spoken with. That soft stuff does very little for me but make me feel bad for myself. I had to go to a legit psychologist to recieve any real help.

Hawk gold is who he is. I do not often agree with his views on Iowa sports, but I do respect him.

In what way? I've been physically assaulted and sexually assaulted. Which one are you saying should have made me not a person anymore?

Just because people have similar experiences doesn't mean they have the same psychological effect.

I find it funny that people expect victims to just fall apart and never be ok again. It's almost as though it's encouraged.

Couldnt disagree with you more. Go ahead and make a peterso joke. Go ahead.

Great words from Moss’ dad...
The opportunity was there for Isaiah Mossto stay in the Big Ten, and stay close to home. According to Mike Moss, half of the conference got involved over the last 10 days: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern and Wisconsin.

“He really wanted to stay close to home. But he didn’t want to disrespect Iowa fans by getting back in the Big Ten. He has a fan base for life with that school,” Mike Moss said. “Iowa State was the same. He couldn’t go there either because of that. He also has all the respect in the world for Coach McCaffery.”

Great stuff there. So proud that he chose NOT to go to a rival or team we will play. Class act he is. Never complained even though he would be benched a lot, even when he was on one of his “hot games”. Will be routing heard for Isiah, which I RARELY do when a Hawk transfers

Moss probably wanted a guarantee in minutes and maybe even starting all year, and Fran wasn't willing to do that with Fredrick, and the younger McCaffery around. Moss is pretty good, but it isn't likely he will be in the NBA from past performances. The guy is replaceable.

Moss probably wanted a guarantee in minutes and maybe even starting all year, and Fran wasn't willing to do that with Fredrick, and the younger McCaffery around. Moss is pretty good, but it isn't likely he will be in the NBA from past performances. The guy is replaceable.

Moss to Fran: "Hey, unless you guarantee me 30 minutes a game and a starting spot all season, I'm out of here."

Fran to Moss: "Sorry, Isaiah. I can't do that. I have C.J. Fredrick, who hasn't played a minute of Big Ten Basketball, and my son, Connor, who shot 20 percent from behind the arc last season. You're replaceable."

giphy (1).gif

Moss to Fran: "Hey, unless you guarantee me 30 minutes a game and a starting spot all season, I'm out of here."

Fran to Moss: "Sorry, Isaiah. I can't do that. I have C.J. Fredrick, who hasn't played a minute of Big Ten Basketball, and my son, Connor, who shot 20 percent from behind the arc last season. You're replaceable."

View attachment 5294
Considering how many minutes Connor got last year, Fredricks coming in this year, and Toussaint coming in at point guard that was a concern of his. There were a lot of times Moss sat at the end of games last year when he should of been playing. Its reasonable to think the guy wants to make some money after he graduates, and he will probably have a better opportunity somewhere else at least in his own mind.

Considering how many minutes Connor got last year, Fredricks coming in this year, and Toussaint coming in at point guard that was a concern of his. There were a lot of times Moss sat at the end of games last year when he should of been playing. Its reasonable to think the guy wants to make some money after he graduates, and he will probably have a better opportunity somewhere else at least in his own mind.

I've written that. And I think it's reasonable to think he was concerned about it and it likely played a role in his decision to transfer. I do not think Moss asked Fran for guarantees. I think that's going overboard.

I've written that. And I think it's reasonable to think he was concerned about it and it likely played a role in his decision to transfer. I do not think Moss asked Fran for guarantees. I think that's going overboard.

Still seems to me like he is hoping another coach can teach him some things that will help him make it to professional ball. It doesn't speak towards much confidence in Fran. Maybe it's indicative of this teams unwillingness to "buy in".

Still seems to me like he is hoping another coach can teach him some things that will help him make it to professional ball. It doesn't speak towards much confidence in Fran. Maybe it's indicative of this teams unwillingness to "buy in".

I'm not sure a kid who is known for periods of not giving max effort has much ground to stand on if he thinks his coach isn't getting enough out of him. My personal opinion is he doesn't like not being able to end games in favor of Connor.

I'm not sure a kid who is known for periods of not giving max effort has much ground to stand on if he thinks his coach isn't getting enough out of him. My personal opinion is he doesn't like not being able to end games in favor of Connor.

Well that could be but he wasn't ending games before Connor either.

Serious question... This past season would people prefer Wieskamp or Moss be in the game...if forced to choose?

Follow up question... If Frederick has looked like he could play at Wieskamp’s level next season should Fran guarantee Moss playing time over Frederick?

This scenario is completely hypothetical. But it’s a mistake to guarantee anyone playing time when there are other options which may be better.

I’m not knocking Moss. And he would have played a lot and been a big contributor. But he can’t be guaranteed anything IMO. I hope he has a great year wherever he lands.

Its hard to believe when Moss and McCaffery sat down and talked about the future playing time wouldn't of been a consideration. Next year is the last year for Moss and then there is the possibility of money to be made. Fredrick looks pretty good in the tapes I've seen. He has a quick release and is pretty athletic. Fran is going to give his son minutes.

Its hard to believe when Moss and McCaffery sat down and talked about the future playing time wouldn't of been a consideration. Next year is the last year for Moss and then there is the possibility of money to be made. Fredrick looks pretty good in the tapes I've seen. He has a quick release and is pretty athletic. Fran is going to give his son minutes.

Moss is at the practice's. He didn't need to talk to Fran to know if he was going to lose his minutes to a Freshman. He would have clearly been able to see that for himself if that is indeed the issue.

To me still seems far more likely that Moss is looking for something that he feels he isn't getting. Maybe it's coaching. Maybe it's national exposure. Maybe it's just simply he wants to go somewhere and have a chance at a title. People do alot just to win. It's hard to say, but the young man and his family are a class act so they won't be saying anything for years.

Serious question... This past season would people prefer Wieskamp or Moss be in the game...if forced to choose?

Follow up question... If Frederick has looked like he could play at Wieskamp’s level next season should Fran guarantee Moss playing time over Frederick?

This scenario is completely hypothetical. But it’s a mistake to guarantee anyone playing time when there are other options which may be better.

I’m not knocking Moss. And he would have played a lot and been a big contributor. But he can’t be guaranteed anything IMO. I hope he has a great year wherever he lands.

I just watched a video of CJ at his state tournament. I was pretty impressed. Quick release on 3s and looked extremely under control on his pull up jumpers off the dribble. Looked a little like Jok with his ability to quickly go straight up for a shot off a couple dribbles.

At the end of the video they showed the announcement for the MVP of the tournament. From his reaction it didn't look like he knew he had won. But his teammates before the announcement were already acknowledging it was him who won. Makes me think he was the easy choice for MVP. Must have stood out by a pretty wide margin for his teammates to just assume he would win. That's what it looked like to me anyway.

My prediction is he will be around as good as Moss next year but with lower highs and hopefully higher lows.

I just watched a video of CJ at his state tournament. I was pretty impressed. Quick release on 3s and looked extremely under control on his pull up jumpers off the dribble. Looked a little like Jok with his ability to quickly go straight up for a shot off a couple dribbles.

At the end of the video they showed the announcement for the MVP of the tournament. From his reaction it didn't look like he knew he had won. But his teammates before the announcement were already acknowledging it was him who won. Makes me think he was the easy choice for MVP. Must have stood out by a pretty wide margin for his teammates to just assume he would win. That's what it looked like to me anyway.

My prediction is he will be around as good as Moss next year but with lower highs and hopefully higher lows.

Wow you walking out on a limb here huh.

Wow you walking out on a limb here huh.

I cant tell if you're joking or not. I think most people on here would think it's a limb to say CJ will be as good as Moss next year. If you aren't joking, my response is I don't think Moss helped us win games much over the last 3 years. He had some good moments,but rarely at the right time to win us a game. So I don't think his overall game is that hard to replace.

I cant tell if you're joking or not. I think most people on here would think it's a limb to say CJ will be as good as Moss next year. If you aren't joking, my response is I don't think Moss helped us win games much over the last 3 years. He had some good moments,but rarely at the right time to win us a game. So I don't think his overall game is that hard to replace.

Just saying, here was Moss in HS.