Fran McCaffery Says Hawkeyes Will Rebound from Down Season

Couldn't be more wrong

how so? you've never seen kirk erupt on the sidelines? i have. many times. you've never watched kirk yelling and screaming at officials? i have. many times. you've never had the occasion to lip read kirk yelling "that's f---ing bullsh-t" at officials? i have. and by the way, yelling "that's f---ing bullsh-t" is very easy to lip read.

have you ever seen kirk blow up and yell and scream in a press conference? i have not. have you ever seen fran blow up and yell and scream in a press conference? i have not.

so again, how so?

a hot head is: a person who is impetuous or who easily becomes angry and violent. Fran is not a hot head.

don't confuse Fran periodically showing emotion as being hot headed. because if you do, then you need to also call kirk a hot head because he HAS shown emotion on the field. He's even thrown f-bombs are officials. Fran and kirk have quite similar demeanor off the field.

Whoa...... I have seen delusion but this is way out there.

It just seems you think I'm an easier target because in general I do try and be polite and make reasonable comments even if they are negative.

I don't want to keep this up either. You did in a passive way tell people not to criticize your article rather than engaging. You obviously also selectively target my posts which overall aren't that negative. I have coached HS sports. Almost any decent HS coach and good rec coach can spot some of Iowa's weak spots. The weaknesses are often very basic. Something that collegiate coaches should know.

My biggest pet peeve was Woodbury's hand movements. It's very basic to teach to a big man with limited quickness and it got in in trouble repeatedly and indirectly cost him a step in foot quickness.

What we get out of it is that some of us have been Hawk fans even longer than you. Some previous coaches including Davis brought in a high amount of class. Fran just doesn't bring that in my opinion. He embarrasses this prideful Hawk fan. Living in another state near a Big campus, I get the slack. Losing is one thing. Losing and being a nut is another. I don't get Iowa's lack of fundamentals...I just don't. It was difficult on this long time Hawk fan who got the nickname Hawkeye on his out of state campus because of my loyalty and pride in the program. It's hard to be proud of this and it's not just the losing. It's the style. It's the lack of real fundamentals on most phases. You've certainly heard me say that Cook and JBo are two of the best players in the Big. Of the thread on Moss, you've certainly heard me say that not very many players could ever put up 30 in a Big game. Fran has some talent. Some pretty good talent. He just can't put that together. This far in he probably never will. Woody's senior year was likely his best shot. It was a nice season. Clean up some fundamentals and it's much better.

It's called passive aggressive behavior.

gu0m2.jpg

perhaps words refuting what i said would be more helpful and conducive to conversation.

you see, when a discussion is ongoing and two people have different opinions, the one who starts throwing insults does so because they know they've lost the argument.
I guess i see what fran was talking about in the fan base. Thank you for bringing this to my attention

and just so that you are all aware, I am not saying kirk is a hot head. I am saying Fran isn't a hot head and that is based on the definition of "hot head" i provided. neither kirk or Fran is a hot head. they both can show emotion. in my opinion, that is a good thing for a coach, as long as it is in defense of his team and players and program.

I guess i see what fran was talking about in the fan base. Thank you for bringing this to my attention
You tried to claim Fran wasnt a hot head and then backed it up with definition of a hot head. This isn't hard.

i provided a definition of hot head to show he isn't a hot head. that's pretty clear, dw. if it wasn't, then i should have been clearer. but Fran is not impetuous, or prone to easily becoming violent.

Walking contradiction. SMH
i provided a definition of hot head to show he isn't a hot head. that's pretty clear, dw. if it wasn't, then i should have been clearer. but Fran is not impetuous, or prone to easily becoming violent.
sorry but you must live in La La land. When you hear a pop that means your head is out

Latest posts